Nakobe Dean

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Jan 10, 2022.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If it weren't for Burks or the fact that our OT situation is questionable, I'd be totally on board with it. JD does need to focus heavily on offense and surround Zach with talent to give him every chance to develop and succeed. If Hutchinson or KT are there at #4, I'd take him, but I'd take Burks at #10, and if an OT I liked was there in the 2nd or 3rd, I'd take him. I'm hoping that JD will sign a FA OG like James Daniels, Laken Tomlinson, or Mark Glowinski and a TE like Schultz or Njoku, but spend the rest of the FA money on the D.

b.reyes16 likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Using 4 1st round picks on the OL is insane. That would be one of the worst things that JD could do. I understand your rationale and points, and they're spot on, but one can have a very good, if not great, OL without using 4 1st round picks on it. That's a waste of draft capital and cap space down the road. The Jets need playmakers on both sides of the ball.

The best WR available is not the answer. Zach needs an elite #1-type WR, not another #2 or #3 WR. He needs an explosive playmaker, preferably one who is tall and big bodied to so he can win 50-50 balls, and one who can get YAC, break tackles and block. The one who best fits that is Treylon Burks of Arkansas.

I agree on Allgeier. I think he'll probably go in the early 4th round, maybe even late 3rd if he has good workouts and a good Combine.