Myers: Woody discussing his plan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ArmandJ, Dec 11, 2014.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

2. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

I have to agree with this. He may just think that we need a new GM, some minor cleaning up, a change in philosophy, tell Rex to go in a different direction, and keep him for another year. Yes, be afraid, Be very afraid.

bandwagon likes this.
  3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

While I would hate this scenario it's not impossible that Rex could win out. In other words Woody fires Idzik and keeps Rex. On the other hand the "I've gotta be me" guy reportedly has big money offers on the table to do TV. Everyone thinks he's a natural for analysis or color. (That's their opinion not mine) so its not impossible that if the money's right that like others he'll shitcan coaching. He might just tell Woody to go fuck himself.

#23 pclfan, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I was waiting for someone to pick up on this quote, in particular NCstate.

This is my biggest fear as a jet fan, that rex the roach will survive another organizational cleaning.

5. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

After giving this a second read and reviewing your post, I might be coming around to your viewpoint. Of course, with respect to the "textbook quotes", we're holding Woody to a much lower standard than an average owner in giving him credit for simply making quotes of this nature. But you are all correct in stating that this type of comment carries more hope for a frustrated Jet fan than some of the other things he's said ("You can never have too much Tebow", immediately comes to mind).

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It's very easy for him to sit here and say, "I love Rex I love what he's done", or "it's all a process, we've drafted some good talent but we just need to put it all together".

I like what he said. Anyone expecting him to say more is hoping for way too much. He's not gonna make that public, especially in the middle of the season.

7. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

I got a woody reading the article...LOL

Pocket Jet likes this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Champ, if he hires ANYBODY with bonafide successful personnel experience, I'd be happy. No more cap guys masquerading as GM's. I don't want the plumber doing my household wiring anymore.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  9. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

thanks to our firejohnidzik buddies! lmao... -___-

10. bandwagon

bandwagon Active Member

I wouldn't be surprised if he canned Idzik and not Rex. It would be typical of Woody Johnson to make the same mistake twice, hiring a GM but not giving him the power to hire and fire... unless he promotes rr.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Impatient Woody is probably the worst Woody/owner you can have.

If he fires both, he fires both. But the new HC/GM better not be forced to feel like playoffs or bust next year. One of the ways to stay consistently good at football is getting AND developing a QB. Not trying to win right away with one thus stunting their growth by limiting them within the gamaeplan.

Pocket Jet likes this.