My troll thread of the year....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BuffaloPhysco, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Rivers has a nasty habit of choking in big spots. That is a serious character flaw for a franchise QB.

I do not think there is any Jets fan that says Sanchez has more pure QB/athletic talent than Rivers. Sometimes you have to go with the guy that wins and doesn't hand the game to their opponent on a silver platter in big games.

That said if I had the choice of Sanchez and Rivers for a 16 game season, I would take Rivers and not look back. If I needed a playoff win the choice isn't that cut and dried. Rivers has not displayed the make up to win big games while Sanchez has. That isn't to say Sanchez is without serious flaws.

2. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

Try to act like those wins were on the shoulders of Sanchez and that Rivers could not have taken that same Jets team to the AFC championship game. That was a very talented Jets team. All Sanchez did in the playoffs was play smart and had a don't blow the game mentality.

3. Denny

Denny Active Member

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Something we have all seen rivers prove so very capable of in his career.

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Oh thats all?

6. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

I guess I'm the only one that is excited about the Dareus/Mangold matchup lol. I think the impact of those 2 will be a more significant part of the game then people realize.

7. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

That matchup will be as exciting to watch as Revis on that guy who is going to have 0 catches.

Glad Dareus will be playing NT, so he will easily get taken out of the game by one of the leagues best

8. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

To the previous post. Dareus won't be lining up aT NT every play, he will likely be shifted all over the line like last week but primarily he will play NT. I have all the respect for Mangold but I don't think he's going to manhandle Dareus every play.

9. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I dont know if you know this, but Dareus hasnt done much all season until he played the Skins who basically have backups playing hb, qb, wr, te, and on the OL.

He cant be that much of a beast considering you guys are giving up 4.9 ypc on the ground (6th worst in nfl), 26th ranked rush defense, 24th ranked pass defense.

Basically an all around god awful defense

10. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

But Dareus has been effective. He basically won us the game against the Pats by tipping Brady's 4th interception pass up into the air which was returned for the go ahead TD. He has gotten constant pressure all year, might not show up on the stats but hurrying the QB can be just as effective as a sack especially with an oppurtunistic defense. In fact he's the only one on defense I havn't screamed or got pissed at through the tv yet so far this season. Overall our defense will continue to struggle until we get a true animal at ILB. But if Dareus can be an effective inside force, that changes our whole defense.

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Sanchez does not fumble on the snap on a critical moment (where you just have to sit down for a few times and kick) like that choker Rivers did last night.

Your point?

12. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Every team with a good running attack have been able to run on the Jets, and Jackson is top 5. I think Chandler could be a matchup problem.

I think the Jets will win, but I don't see them shutting down the Bills by any means.

13. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

Sanchez also doesn't pass for over 200 yards very often.

14. LostInMA

LostInMA Active Member

Does he need to when he has gotten his team to the AFCCG 2 years in a row?

15. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

And yet for all of Ryan Fitzpatrick's league-crushing magic and Mark Sanchez's stunning ineptitude, they have the same number of TDs so far this year (Fitzpatrick has 14 passing TDs, Sanchez 12 passing and 2 rushing).

Fitzpatrick has more yards because your defence is too shit to give him good starting position. In this era of "bend but don't break" defences it's relatively easy to post big yardage numbers when you're starting inside your own 20 on two thirds of your drives, but there's no evidence that Fitzpatrick is any more effective where it counts than Sanchez is.

16. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

I would think that two comeback wins in a row and 5 wins as opposed to 4 would be effective when it counts.

17. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

But you're trying to tell us how shit Sanchez is when the fact is he has scored as many touchdowns as Fitzpatrick this season, and has thrown less interceptions. So either Sanchez is shit and so is Fitzpatrick, or Fitzpatrick isn't shit and neither is Sanchez.

On stats that actually matter (TDs, INTs, Wins) the two are very similar. One's 24 and has already won four playoff games, the other's 28 and is an expert on the perfect line to carry the fairway bunker at the 17th at Pebble Beach in January.

18. VernonGholston

VernonGholston New Member

And luckily, we get to face an all around god awful offense.

19. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

I mean, the stats don't even matter. Just watch the friggin' games and have a brain and realize that sanchez overall has been good. The offensive line was having a lot of problems, that started even before Mangold went down. The Mangold loss exacerbated the situation, but that line wasn't playing well early. But Sanchez didn't have a shot in the Ravens game, and was just lucky he got out of there in one piece.

I think Sanchez is a great talent, and I'm excited that he's gonna be at the wheel for us for years to come. I never feel out of the game with him at the helm, even when we do get early holes. Honestly, I think the last piece of the puzzle for him is just finding out how to start the game in more of a rhythm. Once he achieves that he could be one of those quarterbacks whose status nobody could argue.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The thing I like most about Sanchez is I don't ever feel a game is lost because the Jets are down more than 7 headed into the 4th quarter. He's like Vinny in that respect and polar opposite to what we had in Chad.

The difference between Sanchez and Vinny is that by the time Vinny got to the Jets the curve of his career was pretty well established. He was going to have a good season and then a bad season and he'd been doing that for years before Parcells grabbed him. There was no upside in Vinny beyond that, he was limited by his established results.

Sanchez on the other hand is still very young and has a lot of growth potential. He's already about as clutch as Vinny was in his prime and he has room to become a much better QB than Vinny ever was, and Vinny was pretty good for a couple of teams in his up seasons.