My Tebow tale of woe ..or "how Tanny and Rex fooled everybody"

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by CowboysFan, Sep 17, 2012.

1. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Obviously they won't use Tebow more than a decoy until Jets are mathematically eliminated. Even if they start Tebow and Tebow wins out, they will still try to find another QB to replace him next season. This is a trap.

2. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

They will not use Tebow no matter what. 3 touches a game and special teams that's it , mathematically eliminated or not .

3. nysuperscum

nysuperscum New Member

Somehow things have a way of working out for Tebow. My prediction is that Sanchez, if he is allowed to, will continue to suck. Hopefully Rex decides to try to WIN, instead of trotting out his overly coddled boy toy the rest of the season.

4. Jrsy2FLA

Jrsy2FLA Banned

Is the current use if Tebow a little payback from Rex and Sporano for last years losses? I can see no reason to have him here? It far fetched but I can't find any explanation for what's going on. I guess a bigger question is what does Rex see in Sanchez?

5. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

I don't see how. Tebow is a Jet now. And he seems very likeable if you are his coach. I think the coaches are just too scared to use him. For other reasons said by other fellow Tebowmaniacs on this message board.

6. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Did you read my thorough explanation in the first post ? Skip to the last few paragraphs.

7. Jrsy2FLA

Jrsy2FLA Banned

I believe you're right but I also think if anything positive happens for him, it won't be on this team. He will have to move on.

8. Jrsy2FLA

Jrsy2FLA Banned

On point and a depressing reality for Tebow. So many theories out there but it comes down to what you said, owner was the only one who wanted Tebow.

9. kerley11

kerley11 Member

Anyone else think that it is ridiculous that there is a video on the jets website titled "Tim Tebow highlights" from today's Pats game? He played what 4 snaps, only one of which had any significance. If the Jets aren't going to use him, it seems almost insulting to make a highlight reel of his four plays. He's just seeming more and more like a gimmick.

10. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

I agree with Superscum too. And I think you're right also on the fact that Tebow may have to move on to get his opportunity. I think Tebow is gonna get his chance again sometime and somewhere, but I have no idea. His chance may come out of nowhere. Nothing would shock me though cause with Tebow, I expect the unexpected. He just seems like that type.

11. Apple Jack

Apple Jack Banned

It's not seeming. He IS a gimmick. Except for Westhoff, who really likes him, and actually uses his talents to help win games. And even that's gimmickyish.

12. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Tebow fan here. Tebow has a lot of fans. Tv stations and websites want ratings and more traffic for advertising purposes. His fans tune in to see every highlight. So it makes sense financially for websites and tv stations to show all his plays.

13. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

Calm down. The Jets almost won the game the way they played it. The way they game planned it.

14. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

It's ridicoulous

15. Jrsy2FLA

Jrsy2FLA Banned

Except for the dropped passes and 3 Sanchez turnovers. Almost only counts with...... Anyone can finish that

16. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I wrote this after the steelers game , after a loss

17. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

It's really depressing to watch Tebow's plays. No defender was covering the slot receiver within 10 yards. They just KNEW he's going to run in the middle and stuffed the box. And Tebow still got 3 yards out of it. Whoever made the game plan is doing an armature job.

18. TTTTebowAndTheJets

I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. Each week I think.... Cowboysfan is probably right.... But maybe, just maybe, THIS is the week they start to actually utilize him in a meaningful way. And each week I'm more depressed. It's not like I think he should start over Sanchez or anything, but to see him trotted out for 3-5 snaps to just run straight at the line for 2-4 yards every game is more than I can take. I feel so bad for the kid.

19. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Since I wrote it we have the 49ers , Texans and Patriots to back up my orginal thoughts.

Oh well.

It is what it is.

20. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

I agreed with your original post and doubted there ever was a Tebow package. I remember 3 plays today and I think they were all the same play. The secret plan was they never intended to use him. I have said before this doesn't help Sanchez or Tebow or the Jets for that matter. Tebow was money on the goal line his rookie season. That's about all he was used for for most of the year. Not running that initial second half drive in with whomever was probably the game. Settling for a FG there when they could have gone ahead was just wasteful.