My Tebow tale of woe ..or "how Tanny and Rex fooled everybody"

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by CowboysFan, Sep 17, 2012.

1. catsigater

catsigater New Member

That would be the logical fallacy of petitio principii.

No, I don't think Gator Nation dwarfs the Jets fan base, but it's laughable to think 1/2 of all New Yorkers are Jets' fans. I doubt half of all New Yorkers are even football fans.

Prove me wrong.

2. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Just like a Tebow nut bring up something we wasn't even talking about. Look this up? What is Tebow record against teams with winning records?

3. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Jets are parting out the brand new Porsche 911(Tebow) to fix up the station wagon(Sanchez). You put Tebow in and give him two years to develop like any young QB without threatening his job on a weekly basis (like it seems is only acceptable to do to Tebow) and I put my money on it that you will have one of the better QBs in the NFL.

I broke my vow and posted in the main forum yesterday. The excuses that people are allowed to make for Sanchez are ridiculous. We make less excuses for Tebow in our forum, but same guys who defend Sanchez in the main forum come in here and bash us.

"Sanchez got hit last game that is why he played bad."
    "Sanchez was probably concussed, he is super awesome tough simply for staying in the game"
    "It was the receivers' faults, they dropped passes which were all perfectly and lovingly thrown. Every single throw was perfect"
    "Steelers defense was too good (for the receivers, not Sanchez)."
    "Coaches' fault"
    "Media's fault"
    "Tebow's fault"
    "Urban Meyer's fault"
    "Hot dog guy's fault... Sanchez's hot dog was not tasty enough messing up his game."

Obviously, I'm exaggerating, but seriously, the same guys who bash Tebow in here coddle Sanchez like you wouldn't believe in the main forum.

4. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

:eek:hmy::rofl2::lol: At best Tebow is a Sports Utility Vehicle.

5. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Haha. I was expecting that.

But Cerveza... come on man.. come on buddy... Tell the truth. Do they not coddle Sanchez in the main forum? Be honest.

6. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

Coddle is not the right word... Sanchez was our first round pick, brought us on two deep playoff runs, threw 26 TD passes last year and ran for another 6 TDs. He has looked like a great QB at times, winning games by his own arm... we are just supporting our starting QB on a Jets forum. Some people criticize him, sure that is always there, and he does have a lot of room for improvement. But a station wagon?! While Timmy Turbow is a Porsche?! That's where the Tewboners lose it all the time.

Tebow is now for the Jets what all the "experts" thought he would be a few years ago in the draft... a fourth round pick, sport utility player... just like Brad Smith was a few years before that.

#86 CervezaVerde, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  7. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Coddle is the right word. It's much worse than anything said in Tebow's defense here. You guys have a pacifier in his mouth.

8. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

There is simply much more to say about Sanchez. He is the starter for the Jets and we are on a Jets forum. He has been the starter here for now 4 years. The Jets have also as I said been on two deep playoff runs and Sanchez was responsible for 32 TDs last year. There is good reason for us to be high on our QB.

Sundays game, while a bad game statistically for Sanchez, actually turned heavy on Kerleys muffed punt. The game was 20-10 and the Jets were getting the ball back with likely good field position. If Sanchez or even Tebow come in and drive a short filed for a score, the game is 20-17 or 20-13 with a ton of time on the clock.

So no, I don't see a need to throw out a 4 year starter after one game. That's not coddling, it common sense.

9. Remarker

Remarker Banned

If what you mean is that the Gator Nation knows how to win and the Jets DON'T, I completely agree.

As one of the premier schools of THE premier sports conference IN THE WORLD, we citizens of the Gator Nation specifically and fans of members of our conference (SEC) in general, understand that WINNING requires more than just having the best athletes. The will to win is THE necessary ingrediant for consistantly winning. Additionally, even when there is a lose, it's NOT because of the lack of preperation or EFFORT. Understanding and executing these dynamics (intangibles) makes for having exciting competitions, CONSISTANTLY. In a word the secret to winning is,,, PASSION. Breaking weak (excuses) has no place in the 'will to win', however injuries (reasons) and bad luck have a negative impact on winning.

The 2 people that have the highest impact on football team successes are the ones in the default leadership positions, the head coach and the QB.

Refer: The Jets
    Where's the passion to win, of the leaders?

I could go on and on. The evidence of this wisdom is overwhelming, from stadium attendance (only 75K Jets?) to mediocre teams (Giants) winning SBs because of their coach's passion (Coughlin), but you get my point I'm sure.

#89 Remarker, Sep 19, 2012
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

this is a joke, right? sarcasm?

11. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Yeah, sure. Whatever you say, hahaha.

12. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

When Tebow finally decides that he's not an NFL QB, his football career will take off. He can be an RB, TE, LB, whatever, but just not a QB. He needs to just stop with his pride bs and accept it. Most people would give their left nut to play in the NFL he should embrace it regardless of the position he's playing.

13. Dierking

Well, that's a relief. I tend to associate college folk with the ability to spell and think critically.

14. Remarker

Remarker Banned

My bad, I thought you were smart enough to realize what you say is irrelevant to me, ergo the 'whatever you say'. Hahaha

Maybe remember when you are told 'whatever' it is a polite way of discounting what you say.

#94 Remarker, Sep 19, 2012
  15. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Just not true , that is ESPN talking head talk.

How about the Vikings game last year ? Raiders? Or Texans ?

See Tebow has won when the defense was not so good .

16. Dierking

Well, you couldn't possibly make that more obvious.

17. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Or Pittsburgh.

Tebow always played terrible for 3/4 of the game, except when he didn't.

Tebow only won when the defense shutdown the opponent, except when they didn't.

It was the kicker that won those games, except for the ones that didn't involve game-winning kicks.

And getting the ball back, winning a toss, getting an onside kick -- all of those things mean automatically that the offense is going to score, because everybody knows that always happens.

And stats don't matter in a loss, because, well he lost. Wasn't good enough. Stats matter in a win -- because we have to show that despite answering the bell and getting the job done, we need to show that he actually played bad.

And even though he was in his second year, after a coaching change, after a lockout, after not getting the reps in camp -- it was really like he was in his fourth year, because he was going into his third year which is almost four years.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Tebow's looking for a higher paying job than RB, TE, LB, etc. If he can't make it as a QB he's going to go up the financial ladder from there and become a politician.

19. TTTTebowAndTheJets

HAHAHA! Thats great. It would be even more funny if it weren't so accurate.

20. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Err, money doesn't seem to be Tim's motivation as he gave all of his signing bonus from the draft, away.

Maybe make another wild guess about what motivates Tim.