My Tebow tale of woe ..or "how Tanny and Rex fooled everybody"

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by CowboysFan, Sep 17, 2012.

1. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Depressing thread is depressing

2. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Worst possible scenario again (as a Jets/Tebow fan) =*(

Best case outcome is miracles like denver last year, where the offense is scribbled on napkins every saturday night.:puke:

Worst outcome offense fails, Tebow/Jets/Sanchez all end up deflated season becomes 5-11 type.:shootself:

I hope this doesn't happen, very, very, very much.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Given how much you obviously fantasize about Tebow's balls, I bet you believe they truly are intangible.

Ridiculous thread.

4. GreenStorm

GreenStorm New Member

First time poster and Tebow/Gator Fan here. You people hating on the guy will be eating Crow very soon. He is the best thing you have ever acquired for your team and ill admit I wasn't a jets fan until Tebow was on the team. I don't care what you think about that.

But there is only one thing I know. Tebow is your best chance to EVER get back to prominence. Like last year in Denver you will see like they did. He will get his shot and prove you all wrong. Enjoy the hate friends. It won't last long.

5. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Whole lot of overreactin' going on after only 2 games, on both sides (pro-Tebow and anti-Tebow).

I don't believe Tebow and the "wildcat" are just smoke and mirrors, it's been made into too big of a deal by the coaches over the months, they can't just lie about it and then when the media and fans finally call them on it say "gotcha!". Sorry, doesn't work like that. As far as time spent practicing it during training camp, how long does it take? Tebow is a master at the spread option type offense. He certainly doesn't need much practice at it. Do you think Tebow chose NY over Jacksonville because Rex told him he'd come in for 3-5 "Wildcat" plays per game and give the Jets some good publicity in the press? How many extra tickets is Tebow going to sell for Jets games if they don't play him much? Not many, or not for long.

Are people forgetting that Tebow beat both Coach Sparano and Coach Ryan's teams last year - with his legs and his arms? They know what a weapon he is. They don't kick to the curb a guy they just signed a week earlier as Sanchez' primary back-up (Drew Stanton) and then sign Tebow and install him as the primary back-up all for just a charade. Even without all the wildcat talk, every team needs someone with QB skills to come in the game and take over if the starter goes down due to injury or gets pulled because of performance.

Step back from the edge of the cliff. You should consider the very real possibility that Rex is giving Sanchez one last try to turn the page, sink or swim, and become a really good QB and win games like a really good QB - on his own (without Tebow's help). If he can't do so (which is a darn good possibility), that gives Rex a good "reason" (just like with John Fox & Kyle Orton last year) to pull Sanchez and give Tebow a shot.

#25 JFjets, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This thread looks more like a support group than a football discussion.

7. JFjets

JFjets New Member

If that's the case, then why are you here, you can't stand Tebow?

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I can not disagree with anything you wrote ( Exception that he is not good at QB , he has never had a losing season as a starter on any level so it depends on what we are measuring but it's just a tiny disagreement on your entire post , he certainly is not great but he is capable )

#28 CowboysFan, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I like Tebow as a football player a lot. Not as a QB, but oh well. That's obviously not why they brought him in.

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Sadly I agree 1000% :sad::sad::sad:

11. Remarker

Remarker Banned

CowboysFan, good job reading my mind and kudos for taking the time to post it.

12. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

I would guess that there are no more than a couple of plays for Tim. Even in Denver, it took weeks to implement the Tebow offense. I doubt that they have spent much time on it. They have the base O to worry about (and a new one at that). They also might be worried that D's have figured it out. Look at the end of Denver's season. For the most part, the Tebow offense was shut down. Bringing in a new QB to run a new offense really takes the base O out of it's rhythm. Miami fans complained about it a lot after the initial surprise. After awhile, it seemed to screw up the O more than it helped. Most people were glad to see it gone.

13. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Yep yep, that's it. A support group discussion.

14. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

There was not a whole lot of mention of a Tebow offense in camp until the very end - like last couple of days if I recall. I was suspecting Rexy was doing just enough to get other teams to work on it as they game planned to get them off of the regular offense (whatever the hell that is).

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall Tebow running anything but the regular offense in preseason.

I wasn't convinced there was much of a package or Tebow offense before the season started and I still don't think so. I have believed since Tebow got here the Jets will sink or swim with Sanchez. Like mentioned above this isn't exactly a conspiracy the FO and Tebow have all confirmed that Sanchez was the started.

I do not agree that the owner didn't understand what he was getting into when he went after Tebow unless he is an idiot. Everyone else that knows anything about the NFL knew. Maybe they thought they could develop him while using him as a decoy?

Will be interesting to watch this play out.

15. reverseapachemaster

Tebow is a win for the team although it's not really a win for Tebow. The owner gets lots of extra attention and sales of seats and jerseys. Win for him. The GM bought Tebow as an investment. If his value rises as a QB, he can be traded away for a profit. If his value declines, he can stay on the team in his backup/gadget role and the team can negotiate down his salary. Win for him. Sparano and Ryan like the wildcat. Win for them.

Only Tebow fans thought there was this supersecret spread option Tebow offense. Nobody else even said anything about that. Tebow is the wildcat/gadget player. It's not a play that gets run every drive. He is there for gadget purposes not for running the offense. It is a limited position. That said, I do believe there is more than what they have shown in two games. It's obviously not passing-related -- or at least the passing is highly minimized -- and you can tell that from Ryan's comments last night and how Tebow was pulled from the game to go back to passing. However, the coaches certainly overplayed Tebow's prominence to mess with other teams. Still, I bet we will see a game or two with a lot of Tebow just to keep that myth of the all-out-Tebow offense alive.

Most likely what happens after this season is that Tebow is put into more and more of either a RB or TE position and stops being thought of as a QB except for the rare wildcat play. Or he gets traded away.

16. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

You saw it right after week one , it took me another week to realize you were right . Tebow is circus side show Bob on the Jets . Such a shame to waste him , not even taking advantage of his legs .

17. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Well, he is also the QB2... which is his primary function.

18. Bannon

Bannon New Member

You've got to be kidding me. What planet were you on? If anything, one could say it was OVER-hyped, over-discussed, and over-reported in the media. Really? Nobody said anything about a super-secret Tebow offense?

Try Rex Ryan, Tony Sporano, and about 15 beat reporters. They talked about it 10 times more than it needed discussing.

19. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Seriously.

The trade was made for 3 reasons IMO.

1. Tebow sells jerseys and generates interest. The last Super Bowl was Pats-Giants, which is a disaster for Jets fans. This took the attention away from that.

2. Jets needed a backup quarterback. Tebow was out there, he can do that. He's not your ideal backup QB, but I think the Jets would have a better chance running all the time with him than they would with a guy like Brunell.

3. Tebow can help do other things, by playing the Brad Smith role (which he has) and playing on special teams. He keeps opposing teams off balance and gives them more to think about.

So far this year, Tebow has basically just been a guy who comes on the field, confuses the hell out of the other team so they have to call time out. I believe Tebow has caused opponents to take 2-3 time outs this year just because other teams didn't know what they were seeing and wanted to be prepared.

As a Jets fan, who cares how much Tebow plays. I just want to win. Could a Tebow package have helped a little more? Maybe, but that's impossible to know.

Tebow comes on the field as a change of pace when the Jets want to run the ball. That's what he's done so far this year.

I don't really remember people complaining about Brad Smith not getting enough time in the Wildcat or saying he should start at QB. That's basically Tebow's role in this offense.

20. reverseapachemaster

Can you point out where Ryan or Sporano talked about a spread option package for Tebow? That is specifically what I addressed in that sentence. I know the media stirred the pot over it but I thought we all agreed their opinions are irrelevant.