My only complaint about the whole NY JETS and TEBOW fiasco

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by JETS2013, Mar 31, 2013.

1. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Tim may not have sufficient skills to play well at any position full time in the NFL. Speed is average for TE. Hands are questionable as is his ability to read coverages. Tim still has a future as a red zone scoring machine. The only problem with this, is that if Tim scores on a 1-yard run, his buddies will be screaming that Tim would score way more points if only he was the starter! They would point to his TDs as proof that he "just scores" and anyone that brings up his limited use or 2 yd/carry average is a hater. lol

2. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

If you had Shaquille O'neal as your center, would you have instituted the Lakers Showtime offense of the mid 80's to showcase his skills? That system produced 5 championships for the Lakers, so it definitely worked... but was it the best for Shaq?

If you had Michael Jordan, would you have used the late 80's Detroit Piston physical grinding defense gameplan, or would you have instituted the triangle offense?

Also, most teams would have lost to the Patriots twice. I wouldn't say that losing to Brady is a fall from grace, considering the Pats were a better team. All you are focusing on is the losses and bad performances. Why? All QBs have bad games. He's had more wins than losses. Focus on that.

3. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Excellent question.
    If I had Shaq (I am assuming Shaq is who you believe to be Tim's NBA equivalent), no, I would not run a fast break, run-n-gun offense. I would run something like a Princeton Offense based on backdoor cuts, away from the ball movement or a triple post (triangle) offense. If I had Michael Jordan (I again assume you are mentioning him as an NBA stand in for Tim), I would use an isolation specific offense that suits Michael's game.
    In summary, if I had any once in a generation, hall of fame talent, I would absolutely build a team and offense to suit them.
    Tim is not a once in a generation, hall of fame, talent at the professional level. Tim is more like Christian Laettner in terms of accomplishment and deficient skills for the pro game. In that case, I would not do anything special to accomodate Christian Tebow/Tim Laettner's deficiencies. He would either have to fit into the existing offense/roster or find himself on his ass.
    Just to be clear, I agree that Jordan/Shaq deserved to have things built around them. Tim is not in their class, he is Christian Laettner and does not deserve to have even a popcorn vendor chosen to suit him.
    Your post about the NBA is correct for the guys you mentioned but does not apply to Tim/NFL based on his poor skill set.

4. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Most teams lose twice to the Patriots in one season? Colin Kaepernick led 49ers have never lost to the Pats, John Skelton led Cardinals have never lost to the Patriots, Russell Wilson led Seahawks have never lost to the Patriots, Joe Flacco led Ravens beat the Patriots this year, Texans played them twice and beat them into the playoffs this year.
    John Skelton beat Tom Brady = Good QB?
    oops

5. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

"Bad Performance" is an understatement for some of the horror shows we saw. 2 Completions against the Chiefs? 3 points against the Chiefs? Turnovers/pick six against the Bills?
    Tim's biggest accomplishments aren't that special.
    Win against Steelers in OT + D. Thomas catch and run? > 2012: Broncos beat Steelers by more in regulation + D. Thomas had another long catch and run. Tebow Legacy..meh

6. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

You are assuming things that I didn't suggest. I used Shaq and MJ because they are recognizable athletes with easily recognizable skilsets. I wouldn't bring up an little known player just to avoid you and others not knowing who they were.

But that's how the fake claims about Tebow fans are started... "Oh you see that? LOOK! He thinks Tebow is comparable to MJ and SHAQ. OMG, Tebow fans are delusional!"

Meanwhile, I said nothing of the sort and don't even know why that is what you gathered as the mantra of what I said.

7. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Then we agree Tim is closer to Christian Laettner than MJ and Shaq????

8. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

"Your post about the NBA is correct for the guys you mentioned but does not apply to Tim/NFL based on his poor skill set?"

What did you not understand about that sentence?

9. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Most teams in 2011 *would* have lost twice to the Patriots of 2011. I guess you think I'm suggesting that Colin Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, and the 2012 version of the Cardinals and Ravens went back into time to play against the 2011 Patriots.

10. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

The difference between MJ, Shaq and Tim Tebow is obvious to everyone. I'm sure you know this and you're getting a kick out of getting a response to such an absurd analogy. MJ and Shaq could succeed in any offense and dominate in ones that emphasize their skills.

Tim Tebow needs an offense specifically designed to his "strengths", to disguise his myriad of weaknesses just to have a chance of winning. If not for the incredible coaching by John Fox and Mike McCoy, Tebow wouldn't have reached the bar of being terrible.

11. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Not at all. In your case, you might be right. Did the Pats lose any games in 2011?
    How did Ryan Fitzpatrick or Eli Manning do against them in 2011? They must have lost right.
    JK, even Ryan Fitzpatrick (the white Kordell Stewart) beat the Pats one of the times they played. Do you think Bill Belichick was so jealous of Tim that he let the Bills beat them once just so he could hold that over Timmy's head? That did not occur to me until now but I think it may be true. Has anyone seen a pic of Billy B topless? He probably has a tattoo of his wife with a Fitzpatrick beard on his right arm...the rabbit hole goes deeper

12. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I guess you missed where I said "most teams".

32 NFL teams. 17 out of those 32 would probably have lost twice to the 2011 Patriots. That would be the smallest legal definition of "most" (50.1% to 99.9%).

13. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

"would probably have lost twice...?" That is a guess my friend.
    I guess most of the other teams the Patriots did not play would have beat them. Ha! Counter guessing at its finest. Your turn...

14. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Three replies later after the original post, you realize it was a guess. Glad you had the epiphany though.

15. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Ha! you had no counter guess. I see I won that exchange. Better luck next time.

16. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Or maybe the game was not interesting to me.

17. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Not interesting...or not winnable? Just kidding around. Guessing about who probably would or would not have anything is stupid. The Bills managed a win against the Pats with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB, that pretty much eliminates excuses for Tim that the Pats were anything close to unbeatable. Tim played like shit against the Patriots, the Broncos D played like shit against the Patriots. Tim is not wholly to blame for the loss. Tim is entirely responsible for looking lost, overwhelmed, underprepared and unathletic against one of the worst D's in the league that year.

18. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Tebow did not play well in that game. I'll concede that with no problem.

19. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

That inconsistency may be the scariest thing about giving Tim a shot. You may get the guy that played well against the Vikings/Steelers or you may get the guy that played against the Lions, Bills, Chiefs, Patriots and Patriots.
    I have no idea why Brady Quinn and Blaine Gabbert have jobs but they have nothing to do with Tim. His inconsistency just appears to be too scary.

20. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

I'm going to make the assumption that the "USC" in your account name stands for Southern Cal and not South Carolina.

Now to debunk your first sentence above, both McCoy and Fox have stated publicly that only a limited few plays were developed for Tim. Lets face it, you cannot throw out a playbook in mid season and expect all 53 players to understand the new plays. A lot of what was run in 2011 were existing plays where the players already knew their assignments. (Sarcasm on) If that's incredible coaching then I need to put my resume out as a coach capable of bringing home a Lobardi trophy. (Sarcasm off)

Okay, lets fast forward to 2012 and the incredible coaching of the USC Wonder Boy, Mark Sanchez who led the Jets to 6 victories (5 under Sanchez). How long did it take them to teach Mark the butt fumble move? Mark is clearly re-defining the bar of a terrible QB.