My fellow Colts fans (Please Read)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by freebo, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Sanchez All Day

Sanchez All Day New Member

2. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

I fucking hate, not being able to hate other teams fans. Damn you Colt fans. Great post. Best of luck that your team plays good football, just that ours plays a little better.

3. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Sorry, but the "battle scars" of the winningest team of the last decade are going to get zero sympathy here.

4. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

What he said, only not worded so eloquently.

5. woutervz

woutervz Member

LEt's put on a great show this Sunday

Respect :beer:

6. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Hey Thanks for the post but we are not used to dealing with intelligent fans from the other team posting here.

So please go away.......

j/k good luck to you too.

7. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

1) Classy post, I respect that and you.
    2) Perhaps when we're done making nice to each other we can have a football debate? Gosh, maybe we should meet up at the tailgate and share tea and crumpets.
    3) I respect Peyton as the best QB I've ever seen, and likely the most indispensable player in sports since the early part of the decade. I've also always prayed that Peyton suffers his worst career moment againsts the Jets, after he turned down Bill Parcells when presented with the opportunity to be the #1 pick in the Orlando Pace draft, which we traded down from.
    4) Scariest part of the game is the secret that a "shutdown" CB beats a WR _AND_ a QB. Revis's real matchup is with #18 and his accuracy and intelligence, not #87. That battle is the best pure game within the game - unfortunately for us, #18 has #44 and other options. For us, we need to keep #18 off the field, hit him hard, and beat the snot out of you in the trenches like we've done to our last couple of opponents.

I wish for a good game, and for the Colts and their fans to have the misery side of the game's equation. I wish you no luck in this game, but I do wish you well in the real world classy Colt fans.

8. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

And welcome aboard to you! Great post, and I hope you stick around for the week to discuss the game.

9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Great post man :) May the team that deserves it more win!

10. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

We intend to.... :)

11. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

cool post, freebo.

12. TonyM2015

TonyM2015 New Member

May be the best team win!

13. MexJetinBcn

MexJetinBcn New Member

Great post... but may the Jets win, even if they are outyarded 450-100 and only won thanks to botched field goals, bad referee calls and punt returns for touchdowns... Yeah, we want it that badly :D

14. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Attention Colts Fans (see below)

You have to expect that most Jets fans will not give you any sympathy when you have had a top 10 QB (If not the #1 QB ever) for the last decade. After Joe Namath sold his soul to beat your team's ass in 1969, we have suffering without a SB appearance for 41 years. There is no sympathy from this fan base - sorry.

However, I am pretty shocked how this thread turned out. I put on a gas mask before I opened the link, expecting a cesspool. However, now I hate Colts fans more because you have acted so respectfully. We are much more used to Dolphin trolls coming here, mocking our team for dropping two to them this season, only to have them come back here and tell us our team backed into the playoffs witht he Colt & Bengal lay down (But I guess that means their team backed out!). The Jets fan base is getting sick and tired of being disrespected not only by the fans of our division rivals, but by news media, analysts, etc. Even Charger trolls came back and said they "lost" the game. Three missed FGs was 9 points so the Jets actually didn't do enough to win. They couldn't even down gracefully...

To that, we need this SB appearance (and win) much more than you and your team. The Colts are a perennial playoff power, are respected by the entire league, and are almost always favored. I expect PM to take your team to the SB a few more times before his storied and record breaking career is over. So we ask you to accept the loss this Sunday, and realize most of us on this board will be dead if we have to wait another 41 years for a Superbowl appearance.

Please pass along to Bill Polian, and coach Caldwell. I'm sure Roger Godell will handily compensate the Colts with extra Zebra calls next season for allowing the Jets entry to the SB this year.

:gpc:

#34 fozzi58, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Even if we lose, and I hope we don't, just watching The Jets come of age this season has been great. Losing to the Colts wouldn't be the worse thing as teams have done it a collective 15 times this season?

No matter what happens on Sunday, our future is the brightest its been in over a decade. If Sanchez is half as smart as we all hope he is, he'll play this game with poise and on a sidebar, take notes on how a "Master" plays the position of QB.

Its all upside for us on Sunday!!

Here's to a classic game.. :beer:

16. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

isn't anyone gonna tell him to suck it, troll?

17. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Great avatar..

18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I for one won't argue about who is the better team, I think the Colts are the better team, however I like the Jets chances. Just because I love the Jets and want them to go undefeated every year, does not make me a biased homer.

I'm also a football fan, I give credit where credit is due, and that is what I feel no one is giving the Jets, credit where credit is due.

When they beat the Bengals to get in everyone said, you have not seen the best of the Bengals, okay we met them the week after, took their best in their house and beat them.

Next we faced the Chargers, all we heard was "no chance, their to tall, talented, too many weapons, Rivers eats up teams that blitz", went into their house and beat them, now we hear, Chargers had a bad game, they were not into it mentally, blah, blah, blah.

Now we face the Colts, as I mentioned I think they are the better team, but I like our chances. If we beat the Colts, I guarantee we will hear Colts had a bad game, they were not sharp, Blah, Blah, Blah.

That is what bothers me, when we win, the other team collapsed, when we lose the other team kicked our rear ends, I don't expect to be the favorite, but don't discredit what the Jets have done.

All teams in the history of the NFL have benefited by a mistake, or a missed fielg goal, or penalty, something has given the opposition the win or the opportunity to win and no one discredits those teams for winning, don't discredit the Jets.

19. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

great post...

colts fans are not even close to charger fans...

much respect

20. freebo

freebo New Member

I have been a fan of this team since 1984 and trust me; we have had our share of losing seasons. In our first 3 seasons we won 12 games total. I guess the low light was in 1991 when we went 1-15. Watching every game that season was brutal. It got to the point where I just wished for a first down, at times. I think we went 5 games without even scoring an offensive touchdown. There was a three game Bills stretch where they had outscored us like 120-13.

I think sometimes those years might have been easier to swallow than the years when we had so much expectation, starting off 7-0, 10-0, 9-0, 13-0, and just fizzling out. The ?one and done?s? in the playoffs, getting beat by your Jets 41-0, in a game we really had no reason of being in. The only reason we even made the playoffs that year was because we played a very weak schedule.

And then of course you have the Patriots and Chargers knocking us out of the playoffs year after year. The most fun year outside the year we won the Super Bowl (2006-07), was the 1995-96 season, which was very similar to the ride you guys are on right now. I know how that feels.

I am not complaining, I love this team whether we win or lose. I will always support the Colts. Overall, this decade has been good to us, it's the ?what could have been? factor that has been the toughest to swallow. With all of the regular season wins and the one Super Bowl, that?s more than half of the teams could even dream of, and I know that. I do not take that for granted.

There is an old quote that I have used for years and it?s by a great man named Zig Ziglar ? ?You can only go as far as you can see, but once you get there, you can always see further?. I live my life by that quote and I believe that it puts success into perspective.