Must-Read Cimini Piece On Trevor: Power Play Coming ?

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 16, 2020.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Here are my two cents on the subject of trading down versus getting a QB with the potential to be THE GUY. No but hell no to a trade down if TL is there for us. Why in Gods green earth would we pass up on the opportunity to get the QB we have been searching for over thirty years? Do you guys want to wait another 30?
    I saw SD yesterday with similar talent and a bunch of undrafted WRs light it up by a bright QB. I saw players we discarded going crazy and playing like demons. No, our talent is not as dismal as it appears. What is dismal and beyond belief is our entire coaching staff and game philosophy. The absolute best move JD can do for this team has zero to do with trades on the draft and everything to do with getting us a top notch CS. Without that, 15 draft choices would be wasted. If CJ and company don’t give JD that authority, we are once again dead on arrival.

#101 LAJet, Dec 18, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  2. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Yeah it’s hard to see any scenario - short of them going full retard and extending Gase - where a big name QB turns down NY as opposed to pulling an Eli to GET to NY, and don’t say Peyton because Parcells stupidly went by the letter of the law on not guaranteeing he wouldn’t trade the pick.

Snoopdogg likes this.
  3. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Really the question should be if it’s Fields do you trade down? I’m not as sold on an Ohio State QB beating up on a bad conference.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

That is a very different question, and hope JD and co do plenty of research on him to assure its worth the risk. The bigger question to me is if not TL or Fields, who will be the QB of the Jets? assuming of course we get a no shit HC. Otherwise its irrelevant who we draft or dont draft.

5. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Maybe they hired the designers who did Xanadu?

Snoopdogg and JetsKickAss like this.
  6. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I know we’re shit but isn’t that why we get the #1 pick? I am sure the fans of the Bengals and the Cards over the last 2 seasons thought their organizations were worst in the league too. Woody and Chris have to realize by now that they need to make a change. If they had half a brain they would realize Joe Douglas is the best thing they have going on for them and let him handle it. It’s why you paid him be the GM for 6 years. After Gase gets fired we need Joe D to get there and say he is running this show from now on.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I will tell you precisely what the designers were thinking - that they had clients who wanted to make a statement and the designers were there to translate that statement to paper and then to a building. Looking at it from that perspective it should come as no surprise that those actually responsible are named Mara, Tisch and Johnson.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  8. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Someone else's problem now

9. Boomer da G.O.A.T

Boomer da G.O.A.T Active Member

Spain without the s

Jedi mind tricks likes this.