Multiple teams have called about Sam

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Feb 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

"If Sam is as bad as you believe" lmao there's no reasoning with you on this issue. Newsflash, he is quite bad. It's beyond just being an opinion at this point. He's been the worst starter in the league during his career.

You can't reason with someone who won't acknowledge basic facts.

bicketybam likes this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This is gold. Thank you.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

That part wasn't from Saleh, that was the writer referring to it as the WCO which is definitely not right, like you said. It's an offshoot of the WCO, sure. But from what Saleh DID say, it's pretty obvious we're going to be ripping the Shanahan offense and I'm sure making some tweaks based on who we have at what position. The root of it is going to be the same though.

4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Jets won 11 games with Sanchez.

So draft position and the actual prospects in a particular draft really don't matter when it comes to drafting a QB? Every year you have the same odds of finding one?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan and REVISion like this.
  5. bicketybam

Jacksonville should trade back! Taking a QB #1 overall almost never works out!!

NCJetsfan and REVISion like this.
  6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

No, I can’t reason with someone who lacks basic comprehension. I never asserted he was good or bad because my argument isn’t about that. And I haven’t said whether they should or shouldn’t take a QB; address what I am actually arguing not what you are pretending I must be saying. A bit of advice in a discussion — simply address what is actually being said.

7. JetBlue

Strawman. Appeal to extreme. You take your pick which accurately describes your argument and lack of rationale.

8. bicketybam

Have you not said that drafting a QB lower down actually gives you a better chance of finding a FQB?

"The more successful QB next year likely will be drafted after the higher rated QB is taken."

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. JetBlue

That’s simply a statistical fact. I’m sorry you don’t like it.

The relevance of which is in regards to arguing that there will only be a set amount of good QB’s next year based on rankings. Nothing about that equates to arguing you pass on a QB rated high simply because of such.

the fact that is too complicated for you and needs to be explained isn’t something you should be pointing out so proudly.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  10. REVISion

Are you kidding? Is your argument honestly that the later a QB is taken the better chance he'll be good? That's the opposite of true.

PJ4Ever, HomeoftheJets and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. JetBlue

No, it’s simply a fact that more QB’s drafted out of the top 5 win SB’s. What about that fact are you offended by? And, more importantly, why are you offended by facts and the reality of situations?

12. bicketybam

The guy just likes to argue, moreso than actually taking a position on what the Jets should do.

13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You are misusing probability and statistics to prove inaccurate point. Yes, if you take ALL QBs combined taken say after #2 overall, the probability of ANY one of them being good may be better than than the said #2 overall pick. However, if you take any random single selection later in the draft, and compare probability of #2 to that single selection, #2 wins hands down. The later the selection is the worst your chances are, and particularly outside of first round.

14. REVISion

The reality is that in general, across a large sample size, QB's taken higher in the draft tend to perform better than ones taken lower. You're warping that truth into a slightly different claim which is not as relevant to the situation at hand.

I must say it's pretty funny watching someone think they're so smart about something while completely misunderstanding the point.

PJ4Ever and Borat like this.
  15. JetBlue

I’m not misusing anything; I’m using statistical fact to point out the claim that there are only two highly rated QB’s for next year likely doesn’t mean those two QB’s will be the only two good QB’s in the draft next year, and you likely won’t have to draft in the top 5 to get them.

you simply don’t grasp that very simply argument.

16. JetBlue

No, you’ve completely missed the argument being made and have argued against a point I’ve never argued. If misunderstanding a point is funny you are laughing at your self at this point.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I grasp this argument, and apologies if I misunderstood your point. What I am saying is that right now we have a chance to get QB2 in this draft. And QB1 is a generational talent compared to only Luck and Manning. So, really you are getting a QB1 in any other draft outside of Luck's or Payton's. In next year's draft, even if there will be other QBs, we likely will not be picking this high. So, instead of QB1 quality player this year in QB rich draft, you may get say QB4 or even lower and would likely need to give up assets to get him. There will be a huge drop off in probability of getting a better talent if you do that.

PJ4Ever, NCJetsfan and REVISion like this.
  18. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Interesting, if we pick a Qb with the #2 pick in a draft class with a generational talent qb like Lawrence, you’re say we very well could be getting the next Ryan Leaf or RG3 instead of some bum Qb like Wilson or Cousins...

JK - I get your point actually but the # of draftable + quality Qb varies so much year to year that it’s sort of hard to gauge this. Also some say there is not a clear cut #2 Qb in this class (some like Wilson, some like Fields)...

Finally, the Jets have 2 1st rounders next year so it’s not like they won’t have an opportunity to get a Qb if they still want/need one.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's a dumb argument if you're basing it on statistics. In a given year 1-2 quarterbacks go in the top 5 versus 10-15 outside of the top five. The pool is much bigger.

And you also shouldn't try to use such statistics when analyzing a prospects capability. They should be assessed in a vacuum.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No, it's not. You have it backwards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.