Mt. Gox (Bitcoin) goes down

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by soxxx, Feb 25, 2014.

1. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

People only post in this topic when bitcoin is going down, when bitcoin goes up people don't post. I don't care if it's going up or down, ill still post and I guarentee within 10 years if not a lot less, everyone on this forum will be asking questions about cryptocurrency.

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

That chart looks super accurate

3. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Worth watching if you doubt Bitcoin, complex topic but until you truly understand, you don't...its no different than the internet in the early 90s.

4. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Bitcoin surges through $9000 as 339 days remaining before the halving.
    [​IMG]

5. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Bitcoin surges through $10,000.

11 months until the halvening, simply bullish.

6. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Bitcoin breaks through $12,000, this move completely unprecedented, but this is Bitcoin being Bitcoin.

The expected target remains $100k-$500k for the peak of this run over the next few year, some believe Bitcoin can break its all time high in 2019.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

sup sluts?
    [​IMG]

#567 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Yo. I got some videos to post in the hunting thread.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  9. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

cool, you should mortgage your house to buy more

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It's always fun to go back to the beginning of this thread when bitcoin was at about $600 and @Br4d was talking about how the great bitcoin bust is upon us. :)
    [​IMG]

#570 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The current spike surprised me - I didn't think we'd see another big movement until May of next year. I did pick some up between $4 & $7k. Don't know if it's a great time to buy but you never know with this shit.

12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You can profit from irrational exuberance only if you know when rational behavior will return.

I suspect Facebook in the future will pay users for their data in Libra and sell their data to companies in USD.

13. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Bitcoin nearly reached $14000 before dipping about $2000, a 30%-40% is expected and would be healthy, but the demand is so high right now. Its just getting started, the google trends show that Bitcoin is only at a 14, compared to where it was in December of 2017 when it was all over the news. No one is really talking/paying attention, which is good.
    https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=bitcoin
    Its the same cycle, the naysayers proclaim Bitcoin is dead when it is in a bear market, but when it turns bullish, they are nowhere to be found as expected.
    Same, I was DCA'ing starting at $6000 back in September, I continued as it dropped to $3100, I was hoping it would stay at those prices but the demand for Bitcoin has grown. I have my stash, but I will continue to DCA....why? because I believe we will see a market cap as large as Gold's in the coming years, and eventually it will surpass it and leave it in the dust, which means Bitcoin will be well over $500k, and eventually pass a million

The polls don't lie, younger people want Bitcoin, not Gold, so each year that passes, the wealth slowly transfers to younger people who are not buying Gold and are buying Bitcoin.

14. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

He probably supports Bitcoin but its probably not in the best interest of any country to support Bitcoin, because its essentially an asset that takes power away from the government. He has continuously attacked the FED which is what Bitcoin will end up crushing because of the FED inflating fiat currency.

I don't think Bitcoin will be a huge topic for the 2020 election, but I think in 2024 it will be. There is a Pro-Crypto candidate on the left right now running for President, but its not a partisan issue because there are people on the left demanding Bitcoin be shut down. (Which is laughable because its impossible to shut down)

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

This basically boils down to exchanges needing to screen users for terrorists. I don't think it's a big deal. It's just another reason not to store your holdings on an exchange so the government can't just decide to lock up your funds.

16. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Still waiting for a 30%-40% correction, it may be happening now, looking for prices between $7000-$9000.

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Just curious, what's your investment track record? How much money have you made or lost off Bitcoin? Remember, if you bought at the peak, you're operating at a loss on that particular investment. And what's your track record beyond Bitcoin? If you've made money off Bitcoin but also lost money in a bunch of other speculative ventures that you don't talk about, then you aren't a good investor. And I suspect you aren't one because good investors don't typically talk about how great their investments are to strangers.

18. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Ask him about his $400 belt and $700 jeans

Or getting denied entry to Canada, or moving to Australia, I think there was also one about taking on some Zetas.

His first rendition, soxxx, as opposed to soxxx2, had some winners.

#579 The Waterboy, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    HomeoftheJets likes this.
  19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

It's very hard to know why prices shot up because you have very little supply and very thin trading moves it. The current trade war with China has moved the Yuan down roughly 10% in a relatively short period of time. It's very probably that rich Chinese are purchasing bitcoin to protect against deflation of their currency.

I suspect the trade war and currency threats from the US globally is driving up bitcoin demand in countries where it may be the only way to get money out of the country.

This may simply be a short term play on central banks that are driving down their currencies to stimulate growth and citizens in those countries looking to get their money out.

Gold is a good way to look at it although gold is used as an industrial metal and has a much bigger market cap.

I still think it's a speculation not an investment until we see higher trading volumes and a bigger market cap. That's okay for a percentage of your portfolio.

I hope you get filthy rich off of it.