Most players want to play for the Jets ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yup....It's that buffet spread Rex lays out...

2. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

i doubt that is Nmadhi's facebook.

3. bobzilla

bobzilla New Member

I totally agree with your 1st statement... Beyond that is where I disagree to some point... I don't believe players will gravitate towards the Jets for any reason... Not disrespecting the Jets in any way, its mainly a league of greedy players...

Reasons that may hamper a future recruit

1 its so freakin cold and windy
    2 cost of living
    3 NYC media and fans are brutal

But you are right about about a superstar... NY desperately needs one... I loved how the Giants paid superstar money to an average QB.... If a real superstar lands in NYC, his popularity could go unmatched...

4. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I dont think the cost of living is a concern for ANY of these guys.

They make millions of dollars and athletes are known to be relatively stupid with their money.

Ill agree with NYC media and fans being brutal but the other 2 not so much

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Maybe we can sign Peyton and Drew as our backups-

6. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

His name is Revis Christ :up:

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

- The Jets are a storied franchise
    - Most players would love to play for Rex
    - The Jets have a state of the art facility that Free Agents drool over
    - the future is bright with our new franchise QB
    - NY is the centre of the media universe

see...i can play this game too.

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Really? If that's truly what you think maybe you should just go back to your Hoosiers and your car race that nobody cares about anymore because you clearly don't know football.

You do realize that Burt wanted to play for nobody but the Viqueens? He wanted to stick it to Ted Thompson and the franchise that made him who he was. This is also the same egomaniac that pretended he had had no idea he was running up teh score against the Cowboys.

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

fixed your post:up:

#49 FJF, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  10. bobzilla

bobzilla New Member

- Storied franchise?? Not even you believe that...
    - Did you ask most players? Pure speculation....
    - So players will drool to the extent of taking less money, to have access to a building?
    - Future maybe bright, again pure speculation, as of now, he's the weak link...
    - So?? That could go either way for a developing superstar...

And DMC1602- You have to consider most top prospects come from the South where the weather is fair year round (excluding this year!)... E. James come to mind... The Colts had to drag him from South Florida every year, he despised the cold...

Maybe the CoL expense wouldn't faze a young, dumb rookie, but it maybe the deciding factor to a smart F/A... For 750k you can buy a 5 bedroom house with all the upgrades, pool and plenty of land in Atlanta... What does 750k buy in NYC? A 2-3 bedroom apt in a 100 year old building? It would be different if the rate of pay reflected on the Cost of Living, but it doesn't... Players in small markets bank much more than players in larger markets...

11. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I agree with the greedy part and that is exactly one of the benefits to playing in NYC. There are many more "outside of football" promotional opportunities here than a place like Indy. The only place close is LA and last I checked they did not have a team. So if you are a star in NYC you can make way more money than in most places even if your contract is the same.

I agree about the Media being a pain here and that it is cold late dec and January but as for cost of living they can make way more money here so it is off set. A superstar here would make Tiger wood money!

12. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

They dont have to live in NYC. Long island isnt exactly far from Jets stadium and is one of the nicest places in the country to live.

The hamptons is pretty much hollywood for the east coast.

13. zombo

zombo Member

but would asomugha like being the #2 cb? :up:

14. Blue Shoe

Blue Shoe New Member

Tj

Not saying it isn't true but TJ also said the Seachickens were going to the playoffs and he and Hassleback would be in the pro bowl.

You see how that knowledge turned out.

The truth is every player wants to play for whoever gives them the most moola :)

15. DustinK

DustinK New Member

Blue Shoe, go troll elsewhere. Just because your team depends so heavily on one player doesn't mean you have to hate the Jets for having a superior coach.

16. bobzilla

bobzilla New Member

I agree to an extent... But we live in a media shrunken world... Peyton is all over the tube here in Florida... His national exposure is off the charts... Speaking of Tiger "money bags" Woods, he lives in Orlando, a smaller city based around a theme park... My point is, produce and national sponsors will find you... Local advertising is only a tiny fraction of todays superstars...

I do believe a superstar in NYC would have a major local following and could be quite profitable... But nationally (especially New England states) would despise him simply because he's from NY, much like the hatred for the Yankees... I was a big-time Pacers fan and I hated everything NY without ever stepping one foot in the city... Knicks vs Hicks, man that pissed me off...

17. mrgoose

mrgoose Member

LOL...still can't believe tha Pats hoodwinked them that severely!