Most players want to play for the Jets ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

shotty turning down that interview for the bills job shows that sticking with the jets starts at the top.

2. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Here's a crazy idea. Would you trade draft picks for Asomugha? We obviously can't make a big splash in FA, but imagine the defense with Asomugha and Revis in the secondary, and Jenkins back on the line.

How do you play that as an opposing offense?

Honestly, the only glaring need I feel we'd have is depth on the lines. But this team is a "win now" team. I'd make the trade and use whatever picks remain to build some line depth. (And yes, I would like a solid DE, but I'd give that up for the best corner duo in the sport.)
    -----------

As a related aside, I remember back in the late 90s or early 2Ks, there was an outfielder (I think in the AL East) that said almost every player in baseball would like to play for the Yankees. A player's coach + a winning program = lots of appeal.

3. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. We would still have draft picks remaining to fill areas of need depth wise but would take our pass D from shutdown to an immovable object

4. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Uh-oh. If you agree with it, I must be wrong. j/k :wink:

5. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

Agree with all of this except the highlighted portion. I can't STAND those type of urinals. Something about it just screams "nasty" to me...I just imagine caked urine sitting there polluting the air. Its probably mental, but every time I go to a bathroom with one of these there always seems to be a special stench in the air.

But on topic, if I were a player I'd love to play for Rex as well. I love that he has the same confidence in his guys that they probably have in themselves.

6. JOISEYJET

JOISEYJET New Member

The CBA not going well right now is just part of the big plan ,you watch they`ll add an extra week to the owners meeting to help work things out and it will get done ,before the Draft.

7. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

I don't know if it would work under the cap, and I'm certain that even crazy old Al Davis isn't crazy enough to give away Asomugha, but adding him to our defense as currently constituted would probably give the Jets the best defense in football history.

8. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I'm thinking in terms of an uncapped year, which is where I said we wouldn't be making any splash in FA. If FA is open to us, and there is a cap, then this wouldn't work out.

9. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Next year would be uncapped. The Raiders have A TON of holes, I wouldn't put it passed him doing. That tandem would be ridiculous.

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

11. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

Don't think the Raiders would. Al Davis's defensive philosophy is to get shutdown corners and build the defense inward. Nmadhi is their cornerstone.

That said, I would easily give up a first and 3rd for him.

12. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I would never say "never" when Al Davis is involved.

13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Al Davis is so nuts he might make the trade just to get back at the Patriots for fleecing him twice. that's just the way crazy Al's mind works.

14. grayburn

grayburn Member

God's, with Jenkins back, that d would be the stuff that dreams are made of. What defensive player wouldn't want to play for Ryan and the number one d? Coupled with playing in a major market, it's too good to turn down. Now if we could only convince crazy al.

15. bobzilla

bobzilla New Member

After a wild card and a divisional win, now everyone want to play for the Jets, LMAO.... Next, you'll expect them to come at a discount like the Pats fans! For a slight more cheese TJ Whosyourmomma would play for the Chiefs... Wake up, a future HoFer faked retirement to get away from the Jets...

16. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

fixed that for you

17. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

18. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Favre is a bomb throwing QB who was playing on a team with no wide recievers that wasnt built around passing the ball. Plus the guy wanted to stick it to his old team.

And no teams dont want to join the jets because of a wild card and divisional win, they would want to join the jets because its a young team with a young coach that their players LOVE, with some serious potential at winning some rings over the next couple of years.

Coupled with the fact that if you want to become a superstar, NY is the place to be

19. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

how about trying to trade for gholston. He's the perfect player for Al. Big, strong, fast, and useless on the field.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

intelligent analysis seems to be a problem for you. one, Favre never wanted to play for the Jets to begin with. two, Rex Ryan has created this change in perception being discussed, and considering the fact that Favre did not play for Ryan his departure has nothing to do with the change that came -- Favre did not retire to get away from Rex Ryan's team, which is what is being discussed. three, Favre asked the Jets to release him, so they knew damn well he had every intention of coming back and let him do so, so he hardly faked anything.