Morning After

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 12, 2022.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Wilson caught 4 for 52 and made a highlight reel play. His QB was Joe Flacco.

Again, Hall rushed the ball 6 times. If you are confused as to his skill, there is plenty of college tape out there.

Conklin did fine for a 4th round rookie. It's not his fault the others guys couldn't win their assignments.

Sauce will excel in any scheme they put him in. You and I both know that. What they did yesterday with him was not our of the blue. It's the scheme they have run for over a season now.

Acad23 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I’m well beyond the point of having emotional reactions to this team.

Jojo, Ralebird, Frenbar and 3 others like this.
  3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

GW needs to cut into some of Davis' snaps next week. ESPN had Wilson only playing 49% of the snaps yesterday, inexcusable. That number needs to be much closer to 70% IMO.

Jojo, Jets79 and ouchy like this.
  4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I could have typed this very exact thing, other than I have no different expectations with or without Zach.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  5. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

valid criticism on that as well as the state of our OL and the STUPID and NEEDLESS decision to rely on Becton

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

valid criticism on that as well as the state of our OL and the STUPID and NEEDLESS decision to rely on Becton

Sorry for the double post

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Bryce Hall had 5 snaps. Baltimore was obviously aware when he came in. What happened? Was someone hurt that he had to come in?

8. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

What's really frustrating is when you've been a fan long enough to know bad decisions when you see them. And then you have to wait 2-3 years before the geniuses who made the decisions, who get paid millions to make the decisions, realize they were bad decisions.

Saleh was an over-correction from Gase. We went from no personality X's and O's guy in Gase to great personality guy who doesn't know anything about being a good football coach.

Do we have any critical thinkers in the organization? Did no one do the research to realize Saleh wasn't even a great DC in SF? Did they have one interview with him and decided he was the guy because he's good with people and has a deep voice?

I'm just so tired of absolute idiots making the most important decisions for our team.

SOJAZ likes this.
  9. REVISion

Agree 1000%.

Do other teams' fans just tell themselves their OL needs "time to gel" for years on end? It's an asinine excuse and it always has been. These guys have been playing OL for 15+ years by the time they even get to the NFL. They don't need time to gel, they just either suck or they're being coached poorly.

10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

yes, o-lines need to play together as a unit. our blocking schemes are complicated and only a few oline coaches are good at coaching it. I am not sure we have those coaches

11. REVISion

Are the schemes really that complicated? Tons of teams run zone blocking schemes.

ColoradoContrails and westiedog1 like this.
  12. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Boomer and Gio said it best this morning
    -You have to find a way to win one of these next two. 0-3 will be abysmal.
    -If ZW comes back against Pittsburgh and they continue to lose the next few, it’s time to press the Panic button.

personally, I think this defense played great. I mean, they are on the field way too much to even be mad at a big play here or there.

If Zach doesn’t look good and we lose a lot of games…expect a whole new regime by year end.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  13. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Joe Douglas May be gone really soon if this keeps up

Laken Tomlinson allowed an NFL-worst 8 pressures in Week 1.

His 39.5 pass block grade was the worst of any #Jets OL.

That left side of the OL was rough yesterday.

SOJAZ, Acad23 and BrowningNagle like this.
  14. BrowningNagle

They were coached poorly yesterday. LaFleur did some straight up stupid shit. Like in the 3rd quarter, down 10-3, when he threw it 3 times in row without giving the tackles any help from the TEs. This despite Michael Carter having found success in the rushing game and the tackles flat out sucking. I think the Jets were sacked 2 out of those 3 plays, then the punter made it even worse

"time to gel" is usually something people say when they are just trying to make excuses for poor performance.

15. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Watching the Jets reminds me of watching my son's soccer games when he was young. He and his team played at a pretty high level (regional and international tournaments etc) but they were still kids and they would make an amazing play, and follow it up with a bonehead play. Like yesterday-- a nice "chunk" gain followed by a dropped pass. A tackle for a loss, followed by a blown coverage.

MoWilkBeast, Noam and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

it seems so

REVISion and K'OB like this.
  17. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This game obviously hurt. However. Perspective Is very important too.

Injuries. Without sounding like I'm just making excuses, I do feel that we have significant injuries at the most crucial positions of ANY football team. That does matter to me.

The mistakes though, not acceptable. All across the board. It felt too much like SOJ. That's the problem I think for most of us.

I comb through our roster and I struggle to find ways to significantly improve the talent at a lot of positions, I don't feel like we should've got punched In the mouth so fucking hard on 9/11 at home. It Is unacceptable, regardless of injuries. They do matter though. So.. Fuck. This. Team.

I refuse to get behind the "we need more time" mantra. Fuck that, 12 years Is plenty of time for us fans to be miserable, they need to figure it out NOW. For sure.

I do hope. This will be an anomaly and not the expectation moving forward.

rockyusmc2003, SOJAZ and REVISion like this.
  18. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

The Niners were one of the top defenses under Saleh. Even in the 2020 season when they were hit hard with injuries, they were still ranked 4th. Honestly, it makes sense JD would think that Saleh both knew how to put together a good defensive scheme and how to make adjustments to get the most out of the players he had available. It really did seem like he was the type of guy we were looking for. I mean, if not Saleh, of the coaches available, who should we have taken? I don't have an answer yet.

19. BrowningNagle

I dont think Joe Douglas selected Saleh. I think the owner(s) were meddling

20. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Whoever did it, my point was that Saleh appeared to just about everybody to be a solid choice. He was highly sought after all by all the teams looking for head coaches. It's hard to fault the Jets for picking him. Nobody, to my knowledge, saw any glaring red flags about him.

Borat likes this.