Mornhinweg : Tebow is a Jet

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by CowboysFan, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

To be fair, I said "people like you."

Many Teboners look alike...

#21 Concerned_Citizen, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  2. Concerned_Citizen

Really? I alleged this:

"People like you and this "Sports boob" or whatever his name is claim that Tebow didn't get to start, because the Jets are afraid Tebow would win and make them look bad for not doing it sooner. " Said by me.

I quoted this, stated by YOU:

"I believe this is what we in the Army call "CYA" or "Cover Your Ass". If Tebow succeeded, it would have made Rex Ryan look like an even bigger fool for not starting him earlier. Having factual proof that your idiocy cost your team a playoff run is a sure way to get fired. If McElroy succeeds, he can just say, "Well who would have known McElroy would have been the answer?" - Backup QB.

You claimed Rex didn't want to look bad by going to Tebow sooner, becase we all know tebow would have won had the got the opportunity, right?

Seems pretty accurate to me. and it is probably the most assenine argument I've seen across the internet from a Teboner. I think it is nonsense, because the whole premise is based on the idea that Tebow would have won, and Rex somehow knew he would and chose not to play him anyway. Maybe Rex thinks he sucks and thought he'd do worse than Sanchez.

I also don't believe Cowboys fan was being sarcastic when he said he thinks the Jets are trying to destroy his career. Some are still butthurt over Elway trading him away for a half eaten bologne sandwich, and you people constantly whine about how nobody worked with him and nobody will give him a chance, and how another year might be wasted by him sitting on the bench. (That last one is probably true, he will probably waste another year on the bench.)

3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

You sir are a teboner racist!

BUQ just to be clear , I understand that concerned citizen babbles a lot and assumes too much and puts words in people's mouths and takes quotes out of context . No surprise there .

#23 CowboysFan, Mar 13, 2013
  4. Concerned_Citizen

I understand you lost a lot of brain cells from sniffing the fumes in Tebow's jock strap, and you Teboners need to stick together, (which is why you guys need a forum dedicated to patting each other on the back,) but please explain how CYA was "out of context?"

#24 Concerned_Citizen, Mar 13, 2013
  5. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Yup... you never dissolve into personal attacks do you... you're always the victim of these rabid personal attacks against your character right?

Freakin Hypocrite!

6. Concerned_Citizen

I take it you can't explain how it was taken out of context either? Not surprised you don't wanna take a stab at that one. It was a dumb argument by BUQ to begin with.

7. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Don't care....doesn't change the fact your're a hypocrite

8. Concerned_Citizen

aren't we all? You guys have been trying to make this personal with me for months. For every one I have dealt, I probably got 10 just from Demosthenes9 alone. So you'll have to forgive me if I fire back a shot or two.

Tebow would forgive me. Why won't you? WWTTD? Punt probably...

#28 Concerned_Citizen, Mar 13, 2013
  9. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I can't believe you guys won't denounce Backup QB. Some of you at least come up with good arguments. Him on the other hand...

10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I'm liking this "all quiet on the Tebow front"

11. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Most of us don't pay attention or waste the time

12. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

It is tough to come up with arguments when the object of your deepest affections disappoints you. That is the reason most responses to all anti-Tebow comments currently follow one of two formulas:
    1) "Oh yeah, why are you here? You are butthurt/sad/jealous/pathetic for following one player to a message board. We would never do that." (I made up that last part...)
    2) "Nuh uh, you are too so there."

13. Bannon

Bannon New Member

We're not a group. This is the internet.

14. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

As a quick side note, seeing all these playoff teams acquire more weapons makes me more and more pissed at good old Tannenballs.

15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

You can't spell "groupie" without group.

16. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

You can't spell Dolphin fan without "Hand" (as in hand job)

17. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

You are correct, I do believe that Rex Ryan was and is afraid of Tebow succeeding. Because he waited so long, and because he supported Sanchez so stubbornly, he basically inferred that he thinks Tebow sucks. If he went ahead and started Tebow, he'd look like an idiot if he played well.

I thought you were referring to a different conspiracy theory that Rex Ryan is trying to destroy Tebow's career as part of some agenda. That, I do not believe.

18. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

[​IMG]

19. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I guess that is not personal?

BTW, we all know you visit that forum regularly. You've made enough references here to prove that you spend quite a bit of time lurking there...

20. Concerned_Citizen

I think that first theory is assenine. Never heard of a coach getting fired for trying something different, and seeing it work. some will question why he didn't do it sooner, but that sort of second guessing always comes with the job. There would have been no threat to his job, and he probably knows that more than anyone else.

There is something to the idea that they were going to give Sanchez a longer leash, but look at the investment they made in him for the last 4 years. I still think the reason he didn't go to Tebow is that he already saw him in practice, and wasn't impressed.... AT ALL. Had another guy he wanted to see before they made a decision on a QB next year, and that is why we saw McElroy. It was a combination of the two.

As for that last line, no, that was directed at that first line in Coboyfan's first post.