Mornhingweg accepts blame for timeout fiasco

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 74, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Here's my thing, we're not going to agree on this but I'll say this. If we lose that 34-31, 37-31, 38-31, 31-30 fine. I agree we blew that game but that does not mean we deserved to have 6 points taken off the board either. The Jets were however denied an opportunity to win that game because of some ref not knowing or ignoring the rule book.

The 1985er likes this.
  2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

No it wasn't.

I'm basing my opinion on what actually occurred, not on the hypo someone posed 2 pages ago.

_

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

But it is the reason we lost the game lol

Who cares what was done the entire game. The game came down to one play that was fucked up by the refs. If they don't fuck that play up, it's a tie game.

You can keep saying this until you're blue in the face, but the fact is, this game ended up resulting on one play. A fucked up call by the ref

74 likes this.
  4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

These are two separate things. Us blowing the 21-3 lead, doesn't mean that the refs didn't screw us out of 6 points.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Regardless of the rule it doesn't negate the fact that the ref can't be looking back to see who is calling this timeout. The Jets sideline wanted it and the Jets lost this game themselves.

To blame this game on anyone but the Jets coaching staff and lack of 2nd half adjustments is just an example of scapegoating.

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  6. Falco21

He knew exactly where Rex Ryan was. Right fucking next to him

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

we, as in the fans on this forum, are discussing the game. Many of us, as in the fans on this forum, have been directing our energy at a singular moment in the game the refs had control over. I, as in me, believes that we, as in the fans posting on this forum, are misdirecting our, as in us as in the fans posting on this forum, energy towards that singular blown call rather than towards what I, as in me, believes the actual ineptitude lies. The Jets players and coaching staff are far more to blame for the loss than the refs one POSSIBLY wrong call. If they, as in the Jets, don't BLOW a THREE TD lead, we're never talking about the refs POSSIBLY blowing a TO call that the JETS sideline clearly called for anyway!

If the Jets would have just taken care of their own business that call is never an issue. Bottom line, end of story.

8. JStokes

Are you serious? Rodger quick snapped and got the call he and every other smart QB gets all the time.

That's worse than whining about the bad time out call. At least that was a bad call.

It was the right call but you're whining because it went against us.

Holy crap.

_

9. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

No I'm saying when they are essentially off the field, with maybe one foot on and one foot off, I've seen many instances where the call isn't made. I even wonder, if the call wasn't made and the play was challenged, if the player would have been ruled "off", based on his foot position.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Yep and where did he hear someone call a timeout from? Right next to him.

11. 74

74 Well-Known Member

If that's an incomplete pass I guarantee we don't get the timeout

The 1985er likes this.
  12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Oh so you were talking about me in your previous post? I seriously don't get your point. You say in your previous post it's weak to harp about things you cannot control and then in this one you blame the players and coaching, things you cannot control.

I just don't get your point, mine is pretty straightforward, I can point blame in multiple directions. The Jets played bad in the 2nd AND the refs made a bad call. Just because the Jets blew a 3 TD lead does not mean the refs can start making bad calls. That's bad logic. The refs shouldn't be making bad calls AND the Jets shouldn't be blowing leads. Both happened and it sucked.

The 1985er likes this.
  13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Exactly he had one foot on and one foot off,he wasn't standing mid field

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Your guarantee is hypothetical and irrelevant. I'll make my own hypothetical where Rodgers drives right down the field, kills the clock efficiently and they kick the game winning field goal anyway.

The play was for a tie, not a go ahead score.

15. Falco21

No he didn't lol

He heard a big ass black man whisper in his ear. Not only that, but Sheldon whispered it into his right ear and Rex was walking away from him on his left.

Bullshit man.

16. JStokes

Do you know what the word "essentially" means?

What about when a defender is essentially on sides on the other side of the line and he has no impact on the play.

No penalty, right?

When a defender essentially holds a WR on the other side of the field that has no effect on the play?

No penalty, right?

_

17. JStokes

Lololololol.

_

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

he doesn't get it

19. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Here's what's not hypothetical: The ball was snapped. Then the ref signaled for the TO. The ball was already snapped. The play is live.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The point is that people ignoring everything that happened before the refs possibly made a bad call is very juncesque. Call it what you will. It seems you're being purposefully obtuse for whatever reason. Obviously the Jets many fuckups lead to the refs having an opportunity to fuck it up for them in one instance.