More Clarity on the John Abraham to the Broncos Deal

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Sowell Train, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Jaquifus

Jaquifus New Member

I enjoy JetsTV and everything it stands for. You have a passion for your team and are willing to accept ridicule from TGG patrons. I applaud your efforts, Sowell Train.

Now, do you show these blurbs on the campus television station? If you do, thats cool. If you don't, then you have falsely named your site, as none of us access your videos from a television set. Change the name to JetsWeb, or else you lose me as a supporter. And I don't have to remind you how much my support means: people know me, people trust me, and I'm one of the most respected posters on this site.

2. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

If Jaquifas stops watching, so do the people.

But really, even if you did make it up Sowell Train, you can still be a success. Look at PFT, they've built their reputation on making up rumors from "sources", yet people still quote from their site. (not a knock on you, more just an opportunity to bash PFT)

3. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

While I don't doubt that you're an intelligent guy, your posts in this thread seemed doused with some kind of jock/bully syndrome. In the same thread you managed to call Sowell Train a boob, dork, and nerd. It just seems low class to me.

Even if the concept genuinely is a bit nerdy, why call him out and drill him on it? It's a thread on a message board, it really shouldn't be "annoying the heck out of you." I used the jock comparison because your reaction seemed to come off a "you're a nerd and I'm cooler than you. Go beer" type of tone.

I'll admit I hadn't read your add-on about your being a compsci guy, or maybe you edited it in, I don't recall... but that's really all you should have said in the first place.

4. Vmanator51

Vmanator51 New Member

dont listen to sowell train. he is making up all of this stuff, he is the only one with the rumor. anyways the trade sucks. abe isnt worth the 29th pick. he is worth like the 3rd. the guy is trying to spam his gay website and thinks he is some sports report at the age of 17 with no friends.

5. BroncosNut

BroncosNut New Member

I hope when you say 3rd that you mean 3rd round & not the 3rd pick of the draft. You will be lucky to get denvers first for him. There is no way in hell you are gonna get the Lions first pick or even the falcons first pick so people need to quit dreaming about having 2 top ten picks and open their eyes to what the rest of the world sees. John Abraham does not want to play for the JETS no more there for they need to trade him to try to keep some continuity in the clubhouse because he won't be a happy camper if he has to play for the jets next year & that is if he even signs the franchise contract for 8.3 million which I imagine he would wait to do till maybe the night before the season starts so he can still get paid. When a player forces a team to trade him he loses value on the trade market.

6. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Did you write all that with one breath?

Abe may not want to play for the Jets anymore, but if they offer him a big contract and an $18 million signing bonus he'll suddenly be extremely motivated to stay in green and white.

7. BroncosNut

BroncosNut New Member

That may have been true last year but when they franchised him last year and he got mad they promised him they wouldn't franchise him this year & then they went & did it again. I think for Abe now it is more about being betrayed then the money because he is gonna get paid where ever he plays.

8. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Sorry, they never promised him they wouldn't franchise him again. The Seahawks did that with Alexander, but not the Jets.

They said they would revisit the idea of a long term contract.
    Apparently, with new management, they revisited it and didn't like the idea.

He's making $8.3million with the Jets this year or more if they trade him and he signs a long term deal.

9. Tight

Tight Active Member

Get off his back, you guys sound jealous. If he does have a source he does, if he doesnt then he does not. Stop harassing him. If that trade actually goes through i would pay top dollar to see your face. maybe something along the lines of http://www.gfxzone.org/theme/8_bit/07/pixel-scared.png

10. lightning

lightning Active Member

Who gives a flying frig what abraham wants? We won't let him go for less than a first, and he can't do anything about it.

11. Warrior

Warrior Member

You're kidding, right. Besides being a little grandiose, you are going to quibble whether you watch his blurb over a computer monitor vs a television set?? I know quite a few people who watch tv and run their computer off the same screen. Your line in the sand on his integrity is a bit dubious. This is by no means meant to show any disrespect to the most respected poster on this site.

#91 Warrior, Mar 7, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2006