More Clarity on the John Abraham to the Broncos Deal

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Sowell Train, Mar 4, 2006.

1. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

I'm a sincere poster too man, but when I see something this overtly nerdy AND unsubstantiated, i'm forced to point it out. Sorry, and I don't appreciate being called a "jerk" for expressing my opinion. You could call me a dork, or a nerd -- and you'd be right. But a jerk? Nah.

2. The Sowell Train

The Sowell Train New Member

I question your reasoning for calling me a nerd. I don't know your age but If you haven't been to college, you don't understand the amount of time in the day there is. I have like 2 hours of class a day. I can do class, homework, and JetsTV and have roughly 18 hours of the day left...

JetsTV is not my life, maybe you had that misperception.

3. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Sowell, frankly I haven't watched any of your video blogs, but I'm on your side. When you stick your neck out, there will always be someone waiting with an ax to grind. It happens to players, reporters.... anyone who goes into the public eye, something you are on the verge of doing.

I think what you are doing could lead to good things for you down the road. Don't let the assasins get the better of you. I think you might want to get some coaching, and look at interning in a media outlet. Best of luck.

4. The Sowell Train

"I think what you are doing could lead to good things for you down the road. Don't let the assasins get the better of you. I think you might want to get some coaching, and look at interning in a media outlet. Best of luck."

Thanks Thunderbirdjet, but I think a lot of peopel are misunderstanding the situation.

I am a MAJOR JETS FAN. I am also very internet and business saavy for my age. I am not a journalism major, but an Economics major. This is nothing but a hobby that I have the time to do since college allows me to have more time than healthy. I figure this is more productive than drinking and smoking weed, yet some seem to think I am trying to become a News Source. I happen to have a source, call me lucky, and I also happen to have a video blog that was mentioned on ESPN, Profootballtalk, NFLDraftcountdown, Blogcritics, and Deadspin. Call me lucky again.

5. DevTeam

Yes, I went to college. I'm 26. I spent my time in college focusing on the following things: beer, chix, fun. Van Halen 4 Eva.

All seriousness aside though, you are a dork. Is that a bad thing? I went to school for Computer Science, I sit around and program all day. I am a dork. As a dork, I am therefore allowed to call out other fellow dorks especially when they do extremely dorky things. JetsTv is a dorky thing. That's cool man. I'm down. I just don't believe that you have a source. Why don't you just tell us who it is or at least allude to who they are in some fashion that doesn't give them up? I'd appreciate that.

6. The Sowell Train

"I just don't believe that you have a source. Why don't you just tell us who it is or at least allude to who they are in some fashion that doesn't give them up? I'd appreciate that."

As idiotic, round about, and annyoing as this is about to sound it has to be said. I received this information with the understanding that they would not be revealed.

Appreciate my source when the time is right. All I can give you is the time and the promise that I will break news before major media outlets in the future. Maybe you will believe me sooner or later, but I am going to assume it will be the former.

7. ThunderbirdJet

Keep yer options open there young fella (do not mean to sound condesending). You obviously enjoy doing what you are doing, and it could open doors down the road. Anything from being an agent (the Economics major could help) to in fact, a career in some media related buisness.

Keep a file of all the places you've been mentioned. It can't hurt. Yes, you've had some luck on your side, but people often make their chances of being lucky greater with some astute opportunity engines, like your blog.

One other word of advice, if you chose to heed it or not, don't get too humble. If people want to label you as a news source, don't fight it.... go with the flow, without tooting your own horn.... let these others that have labeled you a news source do what they will.

8. DevTeam

Interestingly, I have a couple of friends who are agents, and were at the combine. I'll ask them if they heard anything about abe whilst there...

9. ThunderbirdJet

You might want to revist that jerk denial post now....

10. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo New Member

Ask them if the Jets will get a deal done with Chad or not. That would be more informative than debating Sowell's source

11. Pride

Pride New Member

Give the guy a break, no one gets anything right 100% of the time. Even if he gets this wrong we should not jump on him 4 going on the record

12. theUandtheJETS

theUandtheJETS New Member

this kid really makes it hard to take younger jets fans serious, I just hope that there not all like this.

13. l3ol3o

l3ol3o New Member

I strongly disagee with this. What has he done to make you not take him seriously? He may not know everything about football or the Jets but he knows a great deal about them. Its the cocky and arrogant Jets fans that do nothing but bash other peoples opinions and ideas that I can't take seriously.

Keep up the good work Sowell train.

14. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

And it shows. You've done well at sounding like the stereotype of a highschool jock.

15. The Sowell Train

I don't want to sound cocky, but I know A LOT about the Jets. If I am "nerdy" enough to put 2 hours a day into making a 3 min video about them, how much time you think is spent just glancing through jets facts and history.

It seems like I am general and unknowledgeable. Guess what, its not entertaining to the masses if I speak facts. Opinions and News is interesting, not facts that you can look up on the internet. I can go all day stating facts, but nonetheless, thats boring.

PS: Here are some cool picks I just found out of nowhere on my VERY OLD computer.

http://www.garysgaragesale.com/auct_imgs/sowells.jpg

http://www.garysgaragesale.com/auct_imgs/My pic.JPG^

#55 The Sowell Train, Mar 4, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  16. Pride

Pride New Member

dont let the doubters bring u down, im a young Jets fan mysellf, n i think its pretty cool that your doing this because this was an earlier idea of mine

17. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

Well, you're not exactly making a case to take old farts like you seriously, either. I just hope that they're not all as senile and bitter as you are. Also, I find it funny that this "kid" has better grammar skills than you, a supposed "adult".

18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

um, Not to call you out but How is it "Very Old" if you look the same age as in your Videos?
    Aren't you young? So "Very Old" would have been you in diapers and Sowell wouldn't have been with the team.
    Ok , Maybe It was a "Very New Pic" on an "Very Old PC" and you're just "Very Full of Shit"

especially since Quincy Carter is in the fukin Pic and that was only a few years ago!

(I come across harsh But It's all in fun. Please, continue to enlighten us with your Zen-Like Qualities!)

19. The Sowell Train

Another clarification :)

It is a very old computer, about 5 years. I recently got a new one (apple laptop). Those pics are from 2 years ago (At New England (the one of me in the endzone, Home against Seattle, the one with Sowell.)

20. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

You need to fix the link on the 2nd one...