Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by LockDown24, Nov 6, 2009.

1. The_W

The_W Banned

Tell me about it. Got home and started playing - everything was fine. Then went to see my girlfriend and when I get back home, turn on the PS3 and it says I've got to download Patch 1.02. After that, MP is fucking unaccessable.
    WTF is this? I would assume that IW would make sure that everything is fine with the game prior to its release.

2. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

November 11, 2009 - The launch of the PlayStation 3 version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has been a little rocky. Players have been reporting the title's trophies were not working properly despite being patched initially. Now, the multiplayer servers are shut down for the time being so developer Infinity Ward can perform an upgrade to meet the overwhelming demand.

But it seems like the rough road is coming to an end.

Infinity Ward Community man Robert Bowling has given a few updates PS3 owners should take a look at.

"Trophy Unlocks on PS3 now available in single player & Spec Ops, adding more servers to meet multiplayer demand," Bowling wrote.

It was initially believed the second trophy update had broken the servers, but that was not the case. "The Patch was for single-player only. It's related to the servers being down at the moment during an upgrade. It'll be fixed when the servers come back up," he added.

Bowling also confirmed there will be another patch on Friday that adds party invites.

3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

more news on the server overload

4. Jam.

Jam. Banned

So when should it be fixed?

5. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

I don't play battle games, but this shit must be addicting. All my Madden friends are playing this instead. Haa

6. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

We're back online. Cheers gentlemen.

7. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

oh fuck me. I missed out on 30 minutes of Modern Warfare fun?

8. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Best news I've had all day...

9. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

M4, Sleight of Hand, Stopping Power, Ninja(dead silence).

I've been playing a lot of search and destroy and free for all.

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Sci, let's play sometime this weekend...

add me EndlessEight is my alias.

11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

added

Someone needs to get up on this game so we can scrape.....

#91 Scikotic, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  12. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I notice some of you assholes have different gamertags. What's up with that? Afraid that u might piss someone off when u tell them u wouldn't be available to play Madden, while you're playing COD2?

By the way, I got the game too. It's pretty intense. I'm down for some online action. I have 1 and only 1 gamertag and it matches my goddamn screen name here. Add me if you're interested.

13. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

im on, dicknose.

14. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

what version do you ppl have ps3 os xbox360?

15. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

ps3.

fill er

16. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

add me...ps3 version- vinsanity71

17. warpedsoul

warpedsoul Active Member

Add me as well, PSN - Chris Milenko

BTW, here is a little story that I posted on the PS forums that you might enjoy. It is about what I did during the server down time.

*WARNING: May contain SPOILERS*
    Yesturday I didn't have to work, and I was pumped to get to play MW2 all day. I started up at around 8:30 am, and since my friend wasn't online yet, I was going to play campaign for a while. Once he did get online, we discovered the servers were down, so I kept playing the campaign, all day. It took 11 hours, with about 9 or less in gameplay. Some of that time were breaks, lunch, and I did get a few spec ops missions in.

My impressions:

Tons better than WAW. This campaign actually gave me a challenge, without any cheap shots. The enemies were acurate, decently smart, and threw gernades at convient times for them, instead of every waking second.

Levels and locations were awesome. The DC and suburb missions were a nice change, and were probably my favorite. Of course, the snow missions were killer as well.

Liked all the different weapons a lot.

Mission objectives were cool.

Breeching was awesome.

The DC and suburb missions showed what war would be on the home land, instead of fighting in a desert or destroyed foreign city. Added to the realism.

*Potential spoilers below*

The airport mission was actually kind of disturbing. I heard about a controversial level before the game was released, but didn't wan't to ruin it. I thought it would be no big deal. But once I played it, man it was different. Actually being a bad guy, and shooting civilians was an extreme change of pace. In the end, I enjoyed it. It showed terrorism as real as a game could in my eyes. To get the full effect of war, especially in today's state, this mission was needed.

I liked the plot a lot. Nice twists and turns. The final few missions were top notch.

Fighting in Makarov's cabin was intense. Keeping the guys away the DSM was a challenge, but I enjoyed it.

*End spoilers*

All-in-all, this is one of the best FPS campaigns out. If you haven't played COD 4's campaign, or do not remember what happened, I recommend playing that before MW2 and it relies heavily on the events in COD 4.

Campaign: 9/10

18. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

i thought the homeland fighting was really disturbing. who wants to see the white house and shit destroyed. to me it was just fucked up

19. warpedsoul

warpedsoul Active Member

It was, but it made me realize just how messed up war really is. Between the airport mission, and the homeland missions, it truely showed that war is hell to me.

20. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I finally got the game in the mail today and just started playing through the campaign. I'm gonna play some multiplayer later so I'll look/add you guys...but I'm pretty sure I suck at this game