Mock Drafts (Please post all mock drafts here)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NCJetsfan, Dec 17, 2019.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

@J-Raw24

In this draft, Thomas was there so I took him over Lamb. The 2nd round was problematic, however. No good OL or WRs were sitting there. I was forced to choose between taking a RB or really reaching 40-odd spots lower for an OLB (Joshua Uche), OL (Josh Jones), or a CB (Bryce Hall or Cameron Dantzler). I opted to go with Jonathan Taylor over JK Dobbins. The third round was the same. Josh Jones went just a couple of picks before ours, and the top 4 choices were two QBs (Fromm and Hurts) and two TEs (Kmet and Bryant). They were followed by Eno Benjamin (RB) and then a group of players that included 3 edge rushers (Zack Baun, Anfernee Jennings, and Kenny Willekes). I didn't have a WR yet, so this time I reached 30 spots and took Michael Pittman over Denzel Mims. I thought that Tyler Johnson had already been taken, but was mistaken. I then took him in the 4th round over the huge Collin Johnson.

This draft would go a long way towards fixing the offense. It would give us a "thunder and lightning" rushing attack in Taylor and Dillon, and 3 tall, excellent WR prospects, and give us our new LT and C. Screw the defense! It can wait until 2021. LOL
    • 11. USER PICK Andrew Thomas OT, Georgia
    • 48. USER PICK Jonathan Taylor RB, Wisconsin
    • 68. USER PICK Michael Pittman Jr. WR, USC
    • 79. USER PICK Lloyd Cushenberry III IOL, LSU
    • 110. USER PICK Tyler Johnson WR, Minnesota
    • 140. USER PICK Antonio Gandy-Golden WR, Liberty
    • 171. USER PICK A.J. Dillon RB, Boston College
    • 202. USER PICK Chase Claypool WR, Notre Dame

2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I'm not high on 2 rbs in the draft. We have bell and I think we bring back Bilal or Ty. But I also think the game has players ranked wrong. I can get Biadasz in the 3rd almost every time which is weird. I can't see him making it out of the top 40. I think all 4 wr you took have a ton of potential. Would make sam happy but I still think 2-3 ol 2 wr 1 of edge/cb/rb... hope we can make a trade for more picks.

3. NCJetsfan

I agree. In real life, I don't think I'd ever draft two RBs in the same draft unless it was a desperate need, and the team was pretty much set otherwise.

I agree that the ratings in these games are screwy, but know that they will change dramatically by the draft. Still, I try not to reach. I try to go with the ratings the game uses unless they are just totally out of reason. Most of these games that I've played have Dillon as a 5th or 6th round prospect. I think that's ludicrous. He's better than most of the other RBs that they have rated higher than him.

None of the games I've played seem to like Biadasz, either. He is rated as a 3rd round pick with Cushberry and Cesar Ruiz rated higher at C.

I agree that I want 2 OL, 2 WR, RB and maybe a CB out of the draft. I don't want an edge out of this draft. That can wait until 2021 or later if Douglas signs an edge in FA as I hope that he will.

If all 4 of those WRs developed, we would have the best WR corps in the NFL.

NYJetsO12 and J-Raw24 like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

I'd be pretty happy with this draft, too, although I'd be shocked if Trey Adams fell to the 4th round. He was ranked so far below Edwards-Helaire that I thought he had already been taken.

1 - User Pick - CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma
    2 - User Pick - Lucas Niang, OT, TCU
    3a - User Pick - Cesar Ruiz, C, Michigan
    3b - User Pick - Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU
    4 - User Pick - Trey Adams, OT, Washington
    5 - User Pick - LeVonta Taylor, CB, FSU
    6 - User Pick - Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame
    7 - User Pick - Joe Reed, WR, Virginia

J-Raw24 likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

11: R1P11 WR JERRY JEUDY, ALABAMA

48: R2P16 C TYLER BIADASZ, WISCONSIN

68: R3P4 G SOLOMON KINDLEY, GEORGIA

79: R3P15 OT LUCAS NIANG, TCU

117: R4P14 WR DENZEL MIMS, BAYLOR

158: R5P12 CB TRAJAN BANDY, MIAMI

191: R6P12 RB AJ DILLON, BOSTON COLLEGE

NYJetsO12 and J-Raw24 like this.
  6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I’m all in on signing Scherrf and Conklin in FA, so the Jets will need to look for offensive firepower in the draft. I also think the Jets should resign Beachum, Lewis, and Compton for depth.

That mock was also a couple hours before Etienne announce she was staying.

NCJetsfan, J-Raw24 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  7. NYJFOREVER

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...iah-2020-nfl-mock-draft-10-four-qbs-in-top-15

Jeremiah has the Jets passing on BOTH Jeudy and Lamb to take K'Lavon Chaisson from LSU.
    I do not see Joe Douglas passing an opportunity to provide Sam Darnold with Jerry Jeudy or Lamb, I just don't.

NCJetsfan, J-Raw24 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I stopped reading at the Jets pick. Edge rusher isn't a horrible selection, if Lamb, Jeudy and the top offensive lineman are gone. I'd still dislike it but if they're both there and we take an edge rusher I might turn the draft off.

NYJetsO12 and NYJFOREVER like this.
  9. NYJFOREVER

I'd be livid if Douglas passed up on Jeudy and Lamb for an edge rusher.

Although edge is a huge need and is the 2nd or 3rd most important position on the football field depending on who you ask, this team desperately needs an infusion of talent on the offensive side of the ball.

I'd much rather target edge in FA or on day 2, maybe Darrell Taylor or Curtis Weaver.

10. NFLDayspast

NFLDayspast Active Member

I don't believe this is in anyway possible. Wirfs won't be there- he is moving up boards and will be the highest OL picked. Pittman is not going to fall to the third- using a second rounder might be the way to go. Absolutely NO WAY Creed falls to the second- SF is in love with him.

11. NCJetsfan

Since this mock came out, Creed Humphrey has announced that he is staying in school. Wirfs likely won't be there, but there's a small possibility that he will. Pittman will probably go in the 2nd round, I agree.

12. NCJetsfan

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

https://www.nj.com/jets/2020/01/nfl...s-hand-adam-gase-this-much-needed-player.html

NFL Draft 2020: Jets’ projections starting to align | 2 major 1st-round mocks hand Adam Gase this much-needed player
    Updated Jan 22, 2020;Posted Jan 22, 2020

By Matt Stypulkoski | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

There’s still three months left until the 2020 NFL Draft, but at least a few experts are starting to align on the Jets’ strategy and expectations for the No. 11 overall pick.

It’s no secret that general manager Joe Douglas has to bolster his team’s offense, after the Jets finished dead last or close to it in just about every major statistical category on that side of the ball. Simply put, Douglas has to give head coach Adam Gase some more tools to try to turn this thing around.

It’s also well known that Douglas is a former college offensive linemen – and he’s made it very clear that he believes NFL success stems from strong line play.

So, with all that in mind, both Sports Illustrated and CBS Sports think the Jets are going to draft an offensive tackle in the first round; they’re in agreement on which one they’ll get, too.

Tristan Wirfs may want to start shipping his things from Iowa to Florham Park.

The former Hawkeyes right tackle is ranked among the top three offensive linemen in this draft by just about every expert. At least one or two options will be off the board by the time Douglas has his pick, but both major sites expect that Wirfs will still be hanging around.

Here’s Sports Illustrated’s rationale for the selection:

The Jets ranked in the bottom-three in Football Outsiders offensive line rankings in both run blocking (31) and pass blocking (30) in 2019. While giving third-year quarterback Sam Darnold a dynamic weapon like Jerry Jeudy would make sense, I expect Joe Douglas to invest in the team’s offensive line if one of the top three offensive tackles are still on the board. Topping Bruce Feldman’s “Freaks List” in 2019, Wirfs would be an immediate upgrade at right tackle.

Here’s what CBS Sports had to say about the pick:

Both left tackle Kelvin Beachum and right tackle Brandon Shell have contracts that will expire in a few weeks and Wirfs is one of the best players in this class; he played primarily right tackle at Iowa but is also a capable left tackle. Wherever he lines up he’ll immediately upgrade New York’s O-line.

So, there you have it folks. Case closed.

The only problem is it’ll probably be re-opened, reexamined and re-adjudicated about three dozen more times between now and draft night, what with the Senior Bowl, NFL Combine and numerous pro days still to come.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I think we all must brace for the fact that Douglas May pass on a WR in 1st rd and take an edge rusher if all the OL worthy of being picked at 11 are gone.

With Becton rising I find it extremely unlikely that all 4 OL will be gone.

I just don’t see Joe Douglas’ first ever draft pick being a WR.

15. NYJFOREVER

If he takes one of Wills, Thomas, or Wirfs at 11 over Jeudy or Lamb then so be it. It's not flashy, but the Jets desperately need an OL.

Now if he passes on Jeudy or Lamb for someone on the defensive side of the ball, we riot.

phubbadaman and NYJetsO12 like this.
  16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I want to go offense as bad as anyone but if he takes Chaisson and then finds some WRs and OL later I wouldn’t see a reason to riot.

The key will be hitting on a number of picks, not just first rd.

I personally would take Jeudy over anyone if he was available. I just don’t see JD going WR with his first ever draft pick. We’ll see..

17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

• 11 CeeDee Lamb , WR Oklahoma

• 48 Austin Jackson, USC OT

• 68 Tyler Biadasz , IOL Wisconsin

• 79 Cameron Dantzler, CB Mississippi State

• 110 Alton Robinson, EDGE Syracuse

• 140 Chase Claypool, WR Notre Dame

• 171 A.J. Dillon, RB Boston College

• 202 Alex Taylor, OT South Carolina State

The OL gets 2 new starters and a depth piece. We get a #1WR and another WR who could be a red zone threat in 2020 while developing into a #2. We get an edge rusher who could become a stud. We get a CB who could become a starter. We get a Derrick Henry type RB who can take some of the load off Bell if he's retained. This is a dream draft.

18. J-Raw24

That would be amazing. I don't think Biadasz or Jackson fall that far but I would take it. Especially if we sign Glasgow and/or Scherff and/or Conklin. Nab another wr via fa. Hoping we start resigning people asap. Need to keep several of our free agents

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Interesting selections of players we have not heard of but sleepers? ...Chase Young falling to # 11 is a nice fantasy lol, but wow

20. J-Raw24

Yea. I agree. No way he falls. But I had to take him in that draft. Mims and Pittman could both become good, black was highly rated but had a bad year this past year. All 3 could end up working out. AJ Dillon isgoing to be good, whoever takes him. He reminds me of Frank Gore a lot. Dantzler could be the steal if he fully develops under GW. Adams is the one pick that scares me, if healthy he becomes a franchise LT, kinda makes me think of Ryan Clady unfortunately.

#160 J-Raw24, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    NYJetsO12 likes this.