Mock Drafts (Please post all mock drafts here)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NCJetsfan, Dec 17, 2019.

1. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

See I'm still not 100% sold on Wirfs, but he looked really good in that bowl game. If Douglas think he's the one and he falls get him.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I"m not worried about Wirfs. He's big, strong, athletic, and I'm certain will be solid, if not spectacular. Iowa OL almost always do very well in the NFL. They are well-coached and fundamentally sound.

NYJetsO12 and blackssmagic like this.
  3. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

If either Lamb or Jeudy are there at 11 Jets should not walk, but dash to hand the selection in. They're both impact players - I get all about the OL issues - which they should use the 2nd , 3rd rd picks for, but to pass on 1 of these 2 receivers , it would be a dam shame. The OL class is deep this year but imo, after Jeudy and Lamb , the pickens get a bit slimmer for WR...they could they trade down and get someone like Higgins or Smith, also.

4. J-Raw24

I think targets should be Thomas, Wirfs, Lamb, Jeudy, and then probably Higgins. Tradin back for Higgins is fine depending where he is projected in the next 4 months and if any oline move around. But thats 4 months off so my opinion can change.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Words cannot describe how happy I would be if the Jets landed Jeudy at 11.

6. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I am open to trading down but my question is if we drop down to say 4 or 5 picks with Denver or Atlanta, what will that get us? I presume as a minimum a 2nd plus a late round pick?

I don’t know where Higgins will be available or not but 4 teams after us all need WRs.

7. NCJetsfan

That's the risk with trading down. You not only risk missing out on potentially a better player at your original pick, but if you are targeting a specific player or position, there's always a chance that another team will either trade up, or one of the teams that were originally below you but are now ahead of you, will take that player or take players at that position of need. When a GM trades down, he either has to have done his homework and have a pretty good idea of whom or what position those teams will take, perhaps have several players in mind that he will take at that spot knowing that one of them will be there, or just not care and decide to take the BPA. I think that usually when a GM trades down he doesn't think that any of the players likely to go before his new pick are difference makers, and he has decided that quantity of picks are more important than quality, or perhaps that it's a deep draft and he knows that he still will get a very good player at that pick plus an additional player or players with the pick(s) he received for trading down.

NYJetsO12 and J-Raw24 like this.
  8. J-Raw24

I think having several option is key. Higgins would be great but he wouldn't be the only option. Several o line could drop here as well. We need both o line and wr. If you trade back go to a spot where a lot of what we need should be available. I think 17-20 is that spot. Also around 25 for badiasz us a spot.

9. NYJFOREVER

[​IMG]

Thoughts? I've been doing mock drafts on The Draft Network. I don't think Biadasz will be there at 48, but if he is then those first 3 rounds are real nice.

10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd sign up for that draft. It improves our OL and skill position talent. I'd address CB earlier, but that's a minor quibble.

11. NCJetsfan

I'd take that draft right now and never look back.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I like TDN a lot more than the other one. Maybe I overrate a lot of those players but I feel like Pittman and Dillon will go much higher. Same with Biadasz. Perfect though.

Dillon is going to shoot up the draft boards after he runs a 4.55-4.6 and everyone looks back at what the Titans did with Henry.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  13. J-Raw24

That's a great draft. I don't think a lot of those players fall but if they do I'm all for it. Dillon will go 4th or higher, Pittman probably 2nd. Biadasz 1st. Adam's probably 2nd. But if they fall that ways that are must. I also like Lemieux and Lavert Hill. Hill I think maybe a sleepe . Lemieux I think is a solid 3rd but I would ask @KurtTheJetsFan and @Jonathan_Vilma more about him

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. NYJFOREVER

It's tough to say where certain skill players are going to go because they haven't performed at the combine yet. Once we're past the combine, we'll have a much better understanding of what round these guys will go.

Definitely think Biadasz is a late first round pick.

Jonathan_Vilma and J-Raw24 like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

TDN?

16. J-Raw24

The draft network

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Draft Network. You can do mocks. It seems a little bit more intuitive than the other one from the other thread.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

• My TDN Mock:
    • 11 Andrew Thomas OT
    • 48 Tyler Biadasz IOL
    • 68 Alton Robinson Edge
    • 79 Tyler Johnson WR
    • 110 Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB
    • 140 Chase Lucas CB
    • 171 Antonio Gandy-Golden WR
    • 202 Michael Onwenu IOL

NYJetsO12, blackssmagic and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. NCJetsfan

I like that draft a lot. Edwards-Helaire was a beast in the playoffs. I haven't seen Gandy-Golden yet, but like what I've read about him.

20. NCJetsfan

Thanks.