Mock Drafts (Please post all mock drafts here)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NCJetsfan, Dec 17, 2019.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If Douglas trades down in the 1st round, I would have less of a problem trading up in the 2nd. At least he'd be using another team's pick to move up, not our own. Still, that 4th round pick he used to trade up could be used on a key OL backup, maybe even eventual starter, or a starting RB.

Trading back later is useless imo. That was a Mac specialty. To make it worse, he didn't even get value when he traded down from the 4th round on. At that point of the draft, quantity is not what one needs, but rather quality. The talent pool has already been severely thinned out. At that point, one should take the best players they can get for depth and STs, or an occasional player like Austin who drops due to injuries in college.

2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Good team can hit quality depth and sometimes starters on day 3. Good gms can find gems whete mac always found coal. I'm hoping Douglas can find us some gems the next few draft as well need em. I think late round pick will be very importsnt going forward if Douglas is what we hope. We need depth at every position except maybe inside line backer and DT.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd love nothing more than for us to get a Tyreek Hill, AB, or Richard Sherman. A late round pick that becomes a star.

NCJetsfan, dawinner127 and J-Raw24 like this.
  4. J-Raw24

Agreed. I think Austin will be good once he learns. I like Robbie a lot, especially considering he was undrafted and earned it. But I think we need to keep trying. Hoping Douglas can work the draft.

5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

We have another 4 months til draft time.....I expect to see numerous mock drafts and read hundreds of opinions here on what direction the Jets should go. And I’m looking forward to it.......it’ll make the off season go much faster.

Of course FA comes first and it will answer a lot of questions too....

MDJets likes this.
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Or that 4th round pick he used to trade up could be used as a key part to acquire a franchise changing player.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  7. J-Raw24

So we are still inside the top 10.... bearly. This next game could determine a lot. I always root for a win, but the high pick could be nice with Douglas hopefully fixing the ship.

8. mrjet80

And a saw a mock which still has the Jets getting Andrew Thomas at #10......

J-Raw24 likes this.
  9. J-Raw24

That would be nice.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, that's a possibility, but much less likely than the scenarios I mentioned.

11. J-Raw24

I mostly agree. But I'm hoping Douglss can be our Newsome eventually. We need some good luck in the draft finally. Look at the Jets draft the past 20 years is rather depressing.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

13. J-Raw24

After watching this bowl game Jackson dropped a bit. He was a revolving door on that side. It was pretty scary. And we don't need a running back in the second. The Weaver pick i still like but I think he is gone by then. The Nick Harris pick I don't care as much for, he's ok but there are a few after him I think are better.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

well IMO the 1st 2 picks are already set - burrow to the bengals and young to skins. after that who knows.

15. J-Raw24

Skins could take Thomas. Either way I think Thomas is the other top 3 pick. Then it gets weird.

16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

TOJ Mock http://turnonthejets.com/2019/12/new-york-jets-post-week-17-mock-draft/

Round 1, Pick 11: Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson
    Round 2, Pick 43: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville
    Round 3, Pick 68: Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU
    Round 3, Pick 75: Solomon Kindley, IOL, Georgia
    Round 4, Pick 107: Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
    Round 5, Pick 138: Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame
    Round 6, Pick 170: Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor
    Round 7, Pick 202: Kendall Coleman, Edge, Syracuse

I don't like taking a LB in round 1, no matter how great he is. If there's no OL, Edge, or WR worth the 11th pick, then we're better off trading down. I'm ok with the other picks, although I'd like to take a WR earlier than round 5.

17. J-Raw24

I don't lile the Simmons picks. It makes me think of Darron Lee. Not a good pick for us IMO. I like the Becton pick but its a reach I think he's available in the 3rd. Gladney I'm not familiar with so would have to look into. I love the Kindley pick and Claypool picks I think they could both contribute year 1. Kindley is very good and an instant starter on this line.

18. mrjet80

I agree. Not a fan of the first three picks. The first round needs to be a position of need - almost anywhere on offense or EDGE if Young slid for whatever reason. That’s not going to happen.

Simmons doesn’t fit a need for the Jets they are strong at ILB and S. It would be Mac redux. Becton is a reach at 43. Heck if the Jets are sitting at 11 and decide on Simmons with all of their other needs they may as well seek to trade down. I’d rather they take the Wisconsin center at 11 at a slight reach then take Simmons....assuming the likes of Wirfs, Thomas, Jeudy, and Lamb are all gone.

19. J-Raw24

Center is a huge reach as well but I agree with basically everything. If we want the center that bad trade back to 25-30 and take him, get the extra picks... no way I take Simmons there. Absolutely not a need.

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

- Isaiah Simmons at #11? Useless pick here.

I can see Thomas/Wirfs/Wills coming off the board before #11 (just watch: Cleveland's going to screw it up).

- Mekhi Becton: probably not lasting until round two (see: Tytus Howard, Alabama State, 2019 draft) and definitely will be gone by the 3rd round. Trade down in the 1st round (if Thomas/Wirfs/Wills are gone) and grab the big lug as a mid-to-late 1st.

-Jeff Gladney: would normally like this pick (guy's good) provided they already had two OLs in hand.

-Solomon Kindley: liked back in September. Got dinged up, ended up having a 'meh' year; leery of his weight issues. Trey Smith's twice the talent and stayed free of his 2018 blood-clot issues. If medically cleared, would grab Trey Smith over Kindley in a heartbeat. Trey Smith on an OL together with Mekhi Becton in a word: bullies.

- Najee Harris: love him, runs hard; beast. Unfortunately no one knows what's the deal with Le'Veon thanks to that bug-eyed weirdo Gase. At #107 if available might look at Lloyd Cushenberry instead (Jon Harrison's not the answer at center).

- Chase Claypool: Quincy Enuwa replacement-ok. Alternative pick here: Yasir Durant (OL, Missouri).

- Denzil Mims: available at #170??? If so, sprint to the podium - speed kills.