Mock Drafts (Please post all mock drafts here)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NCJetsfan, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I’m not sure a terrible team drafting a guard at 5 really helps your argument. At this point I don’t like any OLineman in top 10 other than Thomas, especially if there is an elite talent like Ceedee or Jeudy at another need position available.

If JD decides its OL or bust with our first rd pick which could certainly be justifiable than I would hope he explores every trade down option if Thomas is gone. If he has to make the pick at say 7 then I would hope he would select one that he thinks can develop into a LT.

BomberJet, blackssmagic and J-Raw24 like this.
  2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

This is exactly how I feel. I don't like Wirfs at all a top 10 pick. I like Austin Jackson at around mid round but not in the top 10.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

BPA that fits a need in the draft. Redskins addressed the offensive line position by taking Schreff over Leonard Williams. Schreff was / is a better player. I like Ceedee and Jeudy, but I am not putting all my eggs in that basket, depending on where the Jets pick, I will consider a lineman even if Thomas is off the board. There are some talented lineman as well in this draft, and WR pool is deep and very good. I actually think they should get a vet like AJ Green and pair him up with another receiver from this draft (Jordan Jefferson or Michael Pittman Jr in the 2nd). Draft a bunch of lineman and corners.

Ceedee, I think he's an explosive player, can't wait to see him play LSU against man coverage. Should he have a good game, I think he's definitely under consideration.

Trading down would be great though.

BomberJet and Red Menace like this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Picking 12 now and we bump to 11 if Oakland wins. There is no shot we land Thomas

J-Raw24 likes this.
  5. J-Raw24

Pretty bad really. And no good trade backs most likely. Hopefully Tee Higgins or Austin Jackson are there. We will have to see pro days and combine go.

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I would be ecstatic coming away one of CeeDee, Jeudy or Higgins.

7. J-Raw24

Lamb I think will be first gone. I'm not big on Jeudy but I don't think he falls far either. Higgins I like a lot but it would be hard choice between him and Jackson.

8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd give a slight edge to Jackson because of how bad our OL is. And as much as I like Higgins, there are good WR prospects to be had in rounds 2-4. Pittman, Johnson, Jefferson, etc.......

9. J-Raw24

I agree. But as I said the combine and pro day still need to happen. And we need to still be open to trading back. It may not be as good of a deal but we could still use an extra 2nd or something depending on how far we would fall. Maybe Jeudy or Lamb fall outside the top 10 and someone eants them. Or maybe Okudah falls. I still think 15 is about the sweet spot for Jackson or Higgins.

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I agree with BPA that fills a need. I just found it hard to believe that any OL other than Thomas would be even close to BPA with a guy like Ceedee still on board.

We probably played ourselves out of Ceedee territory with today’s win which might just be a good thing anyway.

Ideally we’d get a guy that has LT potential in the first and like you said tons or WR talent will be available in 2nd rd and 3rd. The 8-15 range which we’ll likely be in is a great spot to get one of the second tier OL prospects.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  11. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Tankathon has the Jets at #10 taking Wirfs. According to who is left on the board I’d rather they take Epenesa or trade down a few spots and grab one of those two centers.

#31 mrjet80, Dec 22, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd like to trade down and grab Jackson or Higgins.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  13. J-Raw24

10 isn't a bad spot to trade out of. Trading back to 15-20 and getting a second and possibly a 3rd then Grab Jackson or Higgins. Then use the 2 2nds round on OL if we get Higgins or OL and WR or edge if we get Jackson. I think Humphrey will be available at the top of the 2nd. Higgins, Humphrey, Little or Jackson, Humphrey, wr/edge.. could be a great start.

14. mrjet80

There’s gonna be a lot of players rising and dropping between now and then. However they do it I’m hoping the Jets get 2 OL including a center, a skill player or two for Sam, and an EDGE within the first four rounds. There will be a lot of talent sitting there within those positions of need....

15. J-Raw24

Agree.. I don't see center moving much. Usually only one goes first round if that. But there is a lot of time left and a lot of moving. My hope is lt, center ,wr, and edge get addressed with 1st, 2nd, and 2 3rd rounders. guard, cb and rb with 4th, 5th, and 6th. Of course if we get extra from trading back I would like to see more o line.. maybe noving thing up accordingly with emphasis on o line.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Epenesa? He is not a fit for our D and the last thing we need to do is draft another DL.

We're drafting #11 right now, not #10. Yesterday's meaningless win was costly.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, but we're not drafting #10, we're drafting #11. I don't think there's much potential for trading down from either #10 or #11.

18. J-Raw24

Idk. The Squeelers trade up to 10 last year and gave up a 1st and 2nd plus a 3rd this year. It's possible if Jeudy, Lamb, or Okubah are still on the board. You never know what will happen. I just hope they don't trade to far back to take Jackson or Higgins and end up taking a player they can get in the second round.

19. mrjet80

As we speak the Jets are #10. That could change of course. And I thought Epenesa was EDGE? Is he not a fit for the Jets?

Regardless, I changed my mind. ( Not that it matters what I think lol ) I stated over in the draft forum most likely the first round selection is going to be offense regardless of where in the draft order they select. I think it’s most likely going to be WR but only if Thomas isn’t there.

Personally I wouldn’t mind seeing a trade down if possible. Grabbing one of those two top centers would be a good choice if they’re getting an extra pick out of it and there should be decent OTs available in the second round if JD goes that route.

20. J-Raw24

Biadasz will go first round . Probably 29-32. Humphrey will be 2nd round about 1-10. So i think center is our unless one falls or we move up with our 2nd. We can still trade back from 11, which is where we are, to 15-20 and get a decent player plus an extra 2nd. If the cards fall right and Douglas does a good job we are still ok.