Mock Drafts (Please post all mock drafts here)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NCJetsfan, Dec 17, 2019.

1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I think Burrow, Tua, Herbert, and Love all go top 10 by the time it’s all said and done.

Once the pro days happen we’ll have a better understanding.

If 3 QBs go, 4 OTs, and Chase young, that leaves 2 picks before the Jets. There’s plenty of players that go with those 2 to still have Okudah fall.

2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

You did a pretty nice job here......I see no EDGE but maybe it's filled in FA and quite frankly it's going to be awfully hard to get everything in the draft no matter who is doing the selecting.

At the very least I think the OL and WR problems are potentially over assuming JD signs a starting guard or maybe center in FA and probably another WR. I think all 3 OL selections are starters or at the very least future starters. Becton is really growing on me. Dantzler is a good CB - at the very least a dependable starter. Dillon could be a steal in the late rounds...….and depth is sorely needed at RB.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'm sure Douglas knew that he was gonna need more than 1 year to address the holes the team faces. If fixing the O means not taking an edge rusher, so be it. Edge can be taken care of in 2021. This is where not taken Allen or even Burns last year hurts.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've said pretty regularly that I hope that we sign an Edge in FA, because I don't see an available draft pick to use on an Edge Rusher. The offense has been almost totally ignored, and between FA and the draft, we need several OL (starting LT, C, RT and OG and depth). We also need at least one, if not two WRs from the draft as there isn't much in FA in the way of quality WRs, and a backup or future starter at RB. We also need a CB or two, although they could be signed in FA. We're not gonna fill all our holes this year. I don't think there's any way Dillon fall to the late rounds unless he runs very poorly at the Combine. Even then, he's more of a power back, like Henry, so speed isn't all that important.

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I’m starting to prefer picking Josh Jones in the 15-20 range than any of the 4 rated higher at 11.

If nothing else, he presents a nice option to have if at 11 JD doesn’t love anyone.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Would be a good fall back option in your scenario - nobody left with the 'love' factor. I would be rooting for a small trade down at that point hoping another team is in love with another player. But not too far - maybe 2 or 3 slots- even if they only offer a 3rd or even a high 4th. It's still another shot in the top 100...….

CotcheryFan likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

8. Attackett

Just had a draft that is sure to make all of TGG happy.

[​IMG]

FJF, themorey, NYJFOREVER and 2 others like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

How do you get your TDN Mock Drafts to display like this? When I copy and paste the ecru background disappears, the check marks disappear and the Jets' logo gets huge. Do you tweet it first or something?

Also, not even one WR?

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

You can download Sharex (great screenshot taking tool) and it will upload it directly to an image hosting website (imgur for example) and then you can paste the directly into the upload image box on TGG.

11. NYJFOREVER

Do you have a Mac or a Windows laptop?

If you have Mac you can press Command + Shift + 4, then you can draw a box around what you want to screenshot.

12. Attackett

Lol was just messing around with this mock.

I use my phone so just screenshot the screen once the site generates the mock.

13. NYJFOREVER

[​IMG]

I don't see JD taking a WR at 11, so I took Chaisson to see what we'd end up with. Still a quality haul, I don't think Pittman lasts until the 5th but we'll see once the combine happens.

14. NCJetsfan

Yes, I know the site generates the mock. So, the answer is to do a screenshot. OK, Thanks!!!

I have to admit that as bad as our OL has been, I almost wouldn't be upset if this was Douglas' first draft with the Jets. The only reason I would get upset is that it's such a great class of WRs and we desperately need to upgrade our WR corps for Sam; otherwise, the heck with defense! LOL

15. NCJetsfan

Yeah, I've seen similar results when we don't get an OT in round 1. In the second round the next best group of OTs have already been drafted, and one either has to reach for an OT/OL or wait until the 3rd round. IMO that won't get it done and Sam will be in trouble again in 2020. I wouldn't mind having Peart as a backup, but no way I'd want him to be our starter even with a year or two to develop. I think his ceiling is Beacham.

I agree about Pittman not lasting, and I think the same way about both Dillon and Hill. I don't see any way that they fall that far in the draft unless they get injured, have a horrible Combine, or get arrested or something between now and the draft.

16. NCJetsfan

Windows. Thanks for your help!

17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

• 11 Jerry Jeudy, WR Alabama
    • 48 Austin Jackson, OT USC
    • 68 Tyler Biadasz, IOL Wisconsin
    • 79 Alton Robinson, EDGE Syracuse
    • 110 Troy Pride Jr., CB Notre Dame
    • 140 Chase Claypool, WR Notre Dame
    • 171 A.J. Dillon, RB Boston College
    • 202 Terence Steele, OT Texas Tech

I tried to get a screenshot on Windows, but couldn't upload it here.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. NYJFOREVER

Regarding the OL, it depends. I think that draft gets it done if they re-sign Beachum and signed Conklin. It's impossible to replace 4/5 or 5/5 players on the OL in one offseason.

I could have taken Austin Jackson or Tega Wanogho in the 2nd, but I opted for Aiyuk. It's slim pickings at WR in free agency, while there's some quality OL the Jets can add.

19. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

20. NCJetsfan

Yes, if we've signed Conklin and re-signed Beachum, we could be ok if Beachum stays healthy.

I would have taken Wanogho in the 2nd over Aiyuk. I know there's slim pickings in FA at WR, and I want the Jets to draft at least one, if not two WRs in the draft, but there are WRs I like a lot better than Aiyuk.

NYJFOREVER likes this.