Mo Wilkerson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NOVAJET, Apr 29, 2016.

1. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Agreed man....Could have given that money to Johnny F'n Football!

Cman68, dawinner127 and TurkJetFan like this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You won the brown starfish of the day award!!!!

matt robinson 17 and Royal Tee like this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dude. Please ask your wife to give your nuts back.

I definitely think there will be a bit of a drop off for runs up the middle, but we have elite defensive ends against the run. Maybe the best combination of them.

Snacks was probably the biggest liability on the line during any passing play he was involved in. Which is why they removed him during any obvious passing down. Which limited personnel packages.

This fucking dude was anything but an elite noise tackle. You want an elite NT? Look at Wilfork in his heyday. Pressure up the middle like a motherfucker.

Only a fucking blind man would think Snacks could compare to that.

Yeah, he plugged the middle very well. Let's not lose our nuts over the reality of his play. He was slow, had weak lateral movement but was able to reach around the guys blocking him to stop plays.

Not elite, in any sense of the word.

4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Snacks was a solid player for us but we won't miss a beat without him

Pretty much sums it up

Royal Tee likes this.
  5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Oh we will be tested ok, early and late. Those first 6 games don't include the 2 against NE or Indy or Baltimore which I assume might be better than last year.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

hahaha okay I will try to get them back. Harrison didn't bring anything in pass pressure for sure. I don't believe I said he did though. I think his lateral movement was better than you are making out to be. We'll see. Again, I am not upset about losing him because there was no way we could've/should've paid him what the Giants paid him. I'm just saying I think he was damn good in the running game and we might miss that

abyzmul and matt robinson 17 like this.
  7. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I agree Browning

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This great news !

9. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Magic Mike strikes again ! GOAT

10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If we were gonna spend that kind of money we should have at least brought Timofey Mozgov in for an interview.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This is great. Go Jets!

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Phenomenal troll job right here. Assuming it's trolling at least since it's dumb and contradictory for the sake of being contradictory.

13. Atopps

Atopps Member

This hasn't really been said yet, so I wanted to chime in on how brilliant of a move this was by MAC. A lot of folks have been saying that they're surprised how well both sides kept talks quiet this whole time.. I don't think that's the case at all.

This contract was all about MAC making the most of the leverage he's had on Mo this whole time.. leverage which grew as each day passed until the deadline on Friday. For anyone who thinks that talks to negotiate this deal have been happening for a long time leading up to the deadline, I seriously doubt this - MAC knew his leverage would be greatest right before the deadline. And that would force Mo's camp to make a really quick choice between a really undesirable outcome (2 franchise tags in a row), or getting pretty much the exact same thing, except being paid up-front for those 2 years. Those were the options - and Mo had to decide whether to take it, or leave it and risk injury within the next 2 years until a tag was no longer viable for the Jets, and then hoping he could get the deal he wants with another team.

More context:

The Jets had very little reason to negotiate a real long-term deal that's anywhere in the ballpark of what Mo wanted. All things being equal, the Jets would have been fine just franchising Mo again next year for $19mm, and Mo's camp knew that as well. Coming up on the deadline on Friday, he knew his best prospects were to play under the franchise tag this year, and play under a tag again next year - and really wasn't happy about that.

With a few days to go, MAC makes a brilliant move, by basically saying.. "you know what, we're already going to pay him at least $34 over the next two years, all of which would count against the cap. If I do this, I'll have a disgruntled player, which could negatively affect my locker room. So what if I offer a contract for those 2 years with some added bonuses for Mo, keep my cap hit the same, remove the chances for any locker room drama and camp holdouts, etc., and give our franchise the option to keep this player longer time if he continues to produce at a high level?"

With the deadline looming, Mo would need to make a very quick decision: Do I play under the tag, with no guarantees past this year and basically know that I'm going to be tagged again next year with no guarantee for injury beyond the year? OR, do I take this 2-year offer and get paid up-front, covering me for injury for the next 2-3 years? To make it really a no-brainer, MAC threw in the extra year guarantee for injury, and structured it to actually pay Mo more than he would have gotten under 2 consecutive tags, while basically keeping the cap hit the same given how the bonus is prorated.

So in the end, the Jets basically got everything they wanted in exchange for an extra year of guarantees and a bet that Mo won't get seriously injured in year 2, allowing them to keep their 3rd year optionality when it comes time to decide if they want to sign Richardson.

14. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Re
    Revis should but won't. But Marshall is actually making less then he should considering his production.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. NYJETS4life24

Yea good teams beat good teams. It's the nfl, everyone is a tough opponent. There's like two shit teams in the entire league but it's still any given Sunday

RexontheBeach likes this.
  16. NYJETS4life24

Your a jackass. When you don't have a high paid qb it allows you to pay other elite players. We don't have one so it gave us the option to pay a top 5 d lineman and man that actually deserves it.

matt robinson 17 and dawinner127 like this.
  17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

To heck with the Schedule

We are a Win Now Team more so than ever

Loaded for Bear on Offense and Defense....We cant blow this opportunity with many players at their peak in 2016

Mac just has to get RF back. Makes no sense without him

18. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Can Mo throw? Let's put him under center. Worse comes to worst, he just runs people over and gives us some entertainment.

19. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Yeah your right, who gives a shit about winning games? Jackass

20. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Enjoy another 6-10, 4-12 season. But at least we got an elite DE.