MLF

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JackBower, Oct 23, 2022.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It’s possible for the playcalling to be fine and the players to play well and we just lose. I’d change things too but I don’t think this is a game where it makes sense to pile on LaFleur.

94Abraham, Dierking and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Is he still breathing?

3. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

MLF f'd up...on the 3rd down play he calls a low % pass? That was just f'n stupid. I watch of our most games at my local sports bar here in DE with a few Jets bros I met and we all said the same thing: "run it" (twice if need be) and let them beat us mano v. mano.

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Well said, Sir.

5. IIMeanDeanII

It wasn't a low percentage pass though. They got the look they wanted.. You see that exact play EVERY week In the NFL. By many different teams. It wasn't a bad play-call, It just didn't work out.

6. impure

impure Well-Known Member

annoying this was that had White looked, the top of the field was wide open he could have jogged in for the TD.

Savatage and RevisIsland18 like this.
  7. Tamba_Trio

Tamba_Trio Active Member

I thought the spot after the first down run was garbage (although not as bad as the punt OB earlier in the game). Should have been at the half yard, but was placed outside the 1. That would have made a big difference to the playcalls.

MoWilkBeast, Section 336 and Ralebird like this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Are you talking about the corner route to Wilson where he got held up? If so, I do strongly dislike timing plays in the red zone. One misstep and the play has no chance. With that being said, most teams run them successfully a ton so there must be something there.

Br4d and Nyjets4eva like this.
  9. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

He's actually a consultant with the Bucs

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why have we not seen "big radius" Garrett Wilson running a fade into the corner of the end zone since there's a guy throwing now who can put the right touch on it?

Fiftynine likes this.
  11. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

This is the issue in a nutshell. The play designs are, for the most part, fairly good, it's the actual play calling that's been the issue. Way too many horizontal plays when they need to be going vertical - especially on third down and in the redzone.

12. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

There was that one play towards the end where Wilson slipped and never made it to the back corner - where White had thrown the ball.

There should’ve been more, however. Get the ball to your playmakers in the red zone.

boozer32 likes this.
  13. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Fans aren't mad at the players. It's the idiot offensive coordinator that is the problem. He did nothing to help White today.MLF needs to go far away. Let him go coach with his brother but get him away from this team.

14. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Exactly what I told my brother today. They zigzagging inside punching the Viking defense in the mouth. The playcalling at the gold line was just awful/ Look like LeFleur had money of the game.

15. Savatage

yes.

16. Savatage

I Disagree, it's one of those throw-it-up passes right away......stupid.

17. IIMeanDeanII

Disagree all you want. It's a fact that many successful offenses run that EXACT play, with great success. It was doomed because Wilson slipped but he would've had a legit chance at It, with advantage most likely, If he had not slipped.

It Is what It Is. Still doesn't make It stupid just because It didn't work out.

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I don't think he did a good job in the red zone today, but I see Jets fans ripping LaFleur everywhere. We put up 486 yards with our 3rd-string QB, 3rd-string RB and a revolving door OL. We can nitpick parts of the game today, but overall, he's doing fine.

IIMeanDeanII and JohnnyP123456 like this.
  19. Savatage

We'll never know what would've worked......but, that was a low % call on 3rd down.. if it was 1st or 2nd...okay. Stupid on 3rd.

Especially, with a QB who has 5 games under his belt.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The real problem here is that pass-happy rarely works. The Jets looked really good last week because Mike White threw 28 passes and they ran the ball 32 times.

How the f*ck they decided to go pass-happy from the start of the game is just beyond me. The answer was a mix of run and pass early on that prevented the Vikes from a) blitzing White and b) stacking against the run. Instead we had 11 passes in the first 15 plays and White had nearly as many passes attempted by half time as he had all last week against the Bears. Who the f*ck does that? When does that ever work on the road against a good team?