Mlb 2k7 First Look

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Pride, Jan 3, 2007.

1. hazmat

hazmat New Member

graphics look awesome, but will the gameplay continue to suck?

2. Pride

Pride New Member

gameplay vids at various sites such as gamespot, gametrailers etc. look much better. Just cross your fingers and pray

3. Drew

Drew Active Member

If it weren't for the fact that he's playing the infield, I would think Cano in the 2nd pic was Abreu.

4. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

word. Love The show. But it would be best with chien ming wang on the cover. SILENT BEAST!

5. Pride

Pride New Member

6. Drew

Drew Active Member

I'm downloading the demo now, and it's taking forever.

What the hell?

7. Carl Spacklers Grass

I rented MVP 07:NCAA Baseball for PS2 a few days back and let me say, this game is GREAT. The MVP controls and gameplay are lightyears ahead of 2K sports' baseball games. Why EA didn't release this game for PS3 and XBOX360 is beyond me...

8. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

I can't wait for the Show anymore, i'm picking up this game for my PS3. I've heard from people that it was an excellent game. Jesus i can't wait! I need a sports game!

9. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I just got MLB2K7 for XBox.

I'm having some trouble with the controls. Can anyone help me out?

My main problem is base stealing (as it is in every baseball game). For instance, I had a guy on 1st and 3rd. I went to baserunner controls and successfully stole 2nd but then the guy from 3rd went and got out at home. How do I keep him from running?

10. Khan

Khan Active Member

Hmm, I hope The Show doesn't get canned for PS3...I prefer that game more.

11. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

I just bought it today, idk personally im lovin it. It takes a little while to get used to, but after a while you'll get the hang of it.

12. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

The world of video games would be better if EA would bring back MVP, and for some reason the NFL ripped up the contract with Madden. Madden next-gen poops all over the place of EA's faithful. The 2005 games were so great MVP, Madden, and ESPN NFL 2k5. They try to attact some small whatever market at EA by upping the graphics for next-gen. Well the HUGE faithful fan base would rather keep the game play. I feel I got screwed that I paid 10 bucks more than my bud for a worse game than he got for his Xbox.

13. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Frank, let me know if you can get a handle on baserunning. I'm still having trouble figuring out how to get one guy to advance and the other to stay put, whether it's on a hit or a steal attempt.

And, while I'm at it, is there any secret to stealing? Because, so far, I suck at it.

14. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

Yeah it is pretty tricky, stealing I can't get down. LT Advances the hilighted runner and RT sends him back. LB advances all runners and RB sends them back. Make sure that if you press LB or RB you press it once, other wise your gonna advance/go back more bases than you wanted. It takes a little while to get used to but you should be able to get it down.

15. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

I just bought 2K7 for 360. My first basebal lgame since original Xbox MVP2005 (Pujols). Am I missing something, or is there no Mr. Met at Shea?! Wasn't Mr. Met FEATURED in the commercial for 2K6 last year?
    I already hate this game though, and feel like I'm settling for something that isn't EA Sports brand.

16. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I'm getting a hang of the game and I'm enjoying it more and more. The hardest part for me is still hitting. Pitching is a breeze. Stealing is impossible in baseburner mode. I just send the guy instead of controlling him and that works more often. I still have a lot of trouble with baserunning, as far as having one guy run and not the other. I'm playing on the XBox so it's just the two triggers. Instructions say to use the crosspad but that never seems to work.

17. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

MR Met was in the commercials for MLB 06 the show.