MisterMoss' and T-Bird's (pg. 2) Training Camp Report and Photos 7/28 Morning

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MisterMoss, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Full pads and 2 a days this early? I have to say I am slightly worried about major injuries before camp ends. I expect at least 2 players to be out at least a month or two by the time camp ends if this continues.

I like the tougher camp and the tougher mentality, but I hope it doesn't lead to any major players getting hurt.

2. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

i like an intense camp. Like no screwing around, just strictly buisness. I dont want people to get hurt though. Maybe he was just trying to make a statement

3. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Well, there are only 7 or 8 2-a-days scheduled. I think Mangini was just setting the tone today, and I expect it to be a physical camp, with a lot more contact than Edwards ran.... but fewer 2 a days than Edwards too. he has these guys hitting early..... I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but I left camp feeling like I just watched a NFL team getting ready for the real thing.... and never felt that way after watching an Edwards' camp.

4. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

TBIrd how about Blanton? Does the guy have any potential?

He has to be an improvement upon that mess of a project Cavka.

5. Bill Parcells

Bill Parcells New Member

very nice read..''newbie''.I mean tbird.lol..I like your assessment..the era of the love camp is over..and I love it..

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

MisterMoss and ThunderbirdJet thanks a lot to both of you, fantastic and detailed reports, and they tell me a lot of things that make me happy. You only get a select amount of info from the media and then they sit on the rest to try to use to predict how players will do later on... but enough of that tangent.

Excellent work, guys. Sorry you had to dehydrate to do it.

#86 abyzmul, Jul 28, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  7. SydneyDon

SydneyDon 2008/2009 TGG The Green Card "International Poster

Great reports fellas. It is good to hear stories of tough, serious training even if the technical stuff flys over this novices' head.

Here are a few quotes about training which seem appropriate for the new regime:

Pain is only weakness leaving the body

Train hard... fight easy.

Tomorrows battle is won during today's practice. - Samurai maxim

Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!

Battles are not fought during the fight but inside yourself when you train.

Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors. - African proverb

Repetition is the mother of skill...

Victory favours neither the righteous nor the wicked. It favours the prepared.

Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

8. Zcore

Zcore New Member

I love that they are hitting on the 1st day....No more of this panty crap Herm had them doing....too much babying the guys....lets get tough from the get GO!!!

9. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

koz, real tough to make any accurate reoprts on the bottom of the depth chart after just one session. I mean, after I got home, I realized I had no clue who was the 1st team FB! just way too much to try to observe on day one, session one.

It's really hard to stop watching the full squad drills as a fan, like it's a game, following the ball and the play. Trying to watch the new coaches, the new schemes, the new players..... frankly, it's a bit over whelming. That's why i go to as many camps as I can.... the deeper into camp, the deeper I get into looking at guys down the depth chart. First, I have to figure out who the starters are!

Aside from that, I expect to hook up with Kurt on Tuesday, and get some pointers on how exactly one can evaluate interior line play from field level. Honestly, I feel like I did a good job if I can get all the player numbers on the line before the snap, nevermind evaluate these guys objectively. Half of them roll their jerseies up in this heat, making it even more difficult to identify the guys. Then once the ball is snapped, bodies fly all over the place. Evaluating linemen is easilly the most difficult thing I face in TC. A view from behind is best, but on the main field, that is impossible.

The only effective way I've known to get good looks at interior linemen is in drills, not 11 on 11's, and that isn't under simulated game conditions.

PS: Don, good stuff!

10. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

That's great work, guys. Sad to hear about Chad, but I'm not surprised. I really like the guy, too. I want him to succeed, but I don't think he's gonna make it.

Keep those reports coming in!

11. Bomber

Bomber New Member

Good work by the reporters on here: keep it up.

12. ColezDeep!

ColezDeep! New Member

I personally like Blanton from watching him at UCLA...the guy is a monster and I think he can definitely help with depth at the OL...I also like the fact that Clements was used at RG and other positions...Moore has been solid there but we can use an upgrade.

13. West Coast Jet

West Coast Jet New Member

Game balls

I saw Big Ed play @ UCLA. He got offensive player of the game balls for UCLA VS Washington 9/18/04, and again VS CAL 10/8/05. The whole O line got them I think. Most rushing yard ever by UCLA in one of those two games. He also pass protects very well with those long arms.