Mike White not cleared… Zach will start the Lions game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 16, 2022.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

This game is the only "argument" that matters. Zach either performs or he fails. A massive amount of pressure adding to whatever other difficulties he was struggling with. But that's the life of a QB and it's not new to him. I expect him to step up. The bigger question is: will the OL? And will LaFleur?

But if Zach continues to struggle with the things he has despite all the other pieces around him playing well, then we know he's not the answer. And we have to hope that JD finds a better answer in the off season.

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If Zach looks amazing this week you still play Mike White if the doctors say he is good to go next week.

3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Here's everyone's best stat to cling to for hope on Sunday.

Zach's 7-4 in his career against teams that don't have a top 10 D, which would definitely include the Lions.

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

What if he throws for 175 yards, and gets them into the EZ 3+ times and they win? Will that work for you?

JetFanInNE likes this.
  5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Works for me, but that wouldn’t make me want to keep him in if Mike White gets cleared.

Also, the stats that I posted are not my expectation. I would love for him to do that though.

IIMeanDeanII and KY Jets Fan like this.
  6. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I am going in hoping for the best but expecting the worst.
    Hopefully we can pull a win out.

The Jets fan of 50+ years in me is expecting and L and Zach to play like utter dog shit, basically sealing his fate here. A bad performance at home could be something he may not be able to recover from. Fans will be ruthless the first pass he buries in the dirt to a wide open back in the flat.

7. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Hey pot

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  8. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

So who's QB2 White, Flacco, Berrios?

NY Jets68 likes this.
  9. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed for adequate play, I'm not convinced he fixed much in 3 weeks. Hopefully he doesn't shit the bed, or he's likely finished here cause that home crowd will chew him up and spit him out.

stinkyB likes this.
  10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Our receivers should be able to get open that will help. Zach played well the week before that horrid performance against the Pats that MLF did him no favors. He has won 5 of the seven games he has played and has ony lost to the Pats.

The Jets will win this game if our normal defense shows up and that is a question with a banged up QW.

11. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Well there goes my fantasy playoffs. Now I gotta bench Garrett Wilson

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Played well? I wouldn't call 18/25 for 125 well. He just didn't turn the ball over so he was fine and the defense did the rest.

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Paging Dr. Joe Douglas... Paging Dr. Joe Douglas.... Please pickup the green courtesy phone...

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I've said it before, and this thread is proving it, but the negative Zach people seem to act as if he will play like he did against the Patriots any time he plays. That is not true. That was rock bottom. Zach has been fine is most of his other starts besides Denver. He should be able to play well enough for the Jets to beat the Lions. We need more though. We need to see him play well and show that he is growing as a QB.

15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Watch the tape. He played well. He would have thrown for more yards but we did not need to. Would have him rather have thrown for 300 and lose? Did you also forget we came from behind in that game?

16. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Having read quite a few responses and having given it some more thought, I will attempt to answer my own question.

In my opinion, as long as Zach wins, he will continue to start. That being said, I think the leash will be short and that Saleh would not hesitate to start Mike in the second half of any game in which Zach is not playing at least adequately.

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It's not just Zach playing that is an issue... it's Zach playing without Corey Davis against a team that can put up points with the league leader in rushing TDs and we just so happen to be missing the best DT in football. It's a perfect storm of shit. If we lose this game and it's because we couldn't score more than 13 or 17 points then Zach shouldn't see the field again ever.

18. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I am rooting for ZW. I am rooting for a win no matter how it happens. But this MLF did no favors for ZW is old. Purdy’s doing fine. Blake Mayfield did fine with 1 day of learning the Rams playbook. We ll find out if ZW is a good enough talented QB. I hope he is because we need a big win!!!!

19. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

If he plays like an idiot our season is OVER. In other words, we need him to play BETTER NOW. And make no mistake, this is the LAST chance he'll ever get at being the starter. He'd better make the most of it.....

SOJAZ likes this.
  20. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Guy I'm playing has Wilson, yesterday he was predicted at 16.8, today 13.4. Oof, good for me I guess :S.

Get me the Damn Ball likes this.