Mike White agrees with Dolphins- 2 years 16 mil

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Mar 13, 2023.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Bad analogy. Fiedler was old and washed up, on top of never being any good to begin with....

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's a perfect analogy.

Tua is injury-prone and likely to go out with a concussion at some point this season and White is injury-prone and likely to follow him to the bench fairly quickly. White came in as ZW's backup twice and wound up injured both times within a few games.

Chad, BTW, was one of the toughest QB's to play for the Jets. Played several seasons with a partially shredded shoulder and in the game when his shoulder was separated against Jacksonville in 2005 he came back into the game and finished up with a separated shoulder when Fiedler went down the series after replacing him.

nycarl and HomeoftheJets like this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The real winner of this signing is Skylar Thompson. He'll be starting by Week 5.

JetFanInPA, Br4d and abyzmul like this.
  4. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

He’s a less than mediocre player who would have never seen the field in an NFL game if he hadn’t landed with the Jets and their absolutely awful “franchise QB”. The fact that White actually looked better than Wilson speaks volumes. But this being the Jets, and the fact he went to Miami, absolutely insures that he will play against us and beat us.

stinkyB, JetBlue and abyzmul like this.
  5. Tamba_Trio

Tamba_Trio Active Member

I'm surprised the Jets didn't lock him up, just for their own job security.

If he does well at Miami and becomes a good starter in the league (possible - his last complete drive with ribs was just after the half against the Bills and he was looking excellent at that point) and if we blow the QB position again (also possible given that our number 1 QB right now is Zach Wilson and we're the Jets) then Joe D and all his coaching staff can pack their bags.

stinkyB likes this.
  6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

The White Knight has left the building.

7. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

White is a backup QB. Good for him that he got paid, but he is not mobile, and was not the future of the jets. Now move on from Wilson after 2023, who REALLY showed why he is not the jets future either.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

And wipe the floor with the Jets. You know it's coming.

9. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

over your head completely…

but FWIW, we didnt draft MW

10. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

There’s an aspect I feel like you’re missing here…

Mike White sucks and is not a starting quarterback

11. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

He's a South Florida kid and gets to play in front of his family. Good for him. I'm happy we didn't resign him. I get that he would have been a backup to hopefully Rodgers. We all knew that Zach wasn't going anywhere and I'm still out on the guy, but having a legend who happens to be his idol for a season or two might be this kids last chance to develop into something. I believe Rodgers likes Zach personally, and hopefully will show him a thing or two on the field, not off. Zach apparently is a douche on his own and doesn't need to learn anything from Rodgers.

12. Tamba_Trio

Tamba_Trio Active Member

Bud, I hope you’re right. And he definitely did suck against the Seahawks. But he also had broken ribs.

And damn, he didn’t look bad in those other 3 games. He was great against Chicago. If Berrios doesn’t drop the ball, or if Wilson doesn’t put his toe out of bounds, or if Corey Davis didn’t have the turning circle of the QE2, he win in Minnesota. And we were really looking good when he got injured against the Bills. I’m very uneasy that we let him walk when we’ve absolutely nothing else at QB in the building right now.

Ralebird and stinkyB like this.
  13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think Mike White did a fine job of proving to all of us that he doesn't suck. Not the strongest arm, but he's a smart player and has sufficient ice in his veins for a guy nobody ever took seriously at the pro level.

His durability is a huge question mark for me and it's always the reason we never get a full look at him, and it's probably why the Jets let him walk.

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Get outta here with reasonable takes.... we need more emotional knee-jerk reactions!!

Losmeister and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Mike White is definitely one of my favorite JAGs of all time. Wish he didn’t go to Dolphins as now he is dead to me.

stinkyB likes this.
  16. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I remember not that long ago, the talking heads saying White would get at least $15M a year. Hope the future is bright for him, but not sure he is even worth $7M a year.

17. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Good for him. He's a very likable guy. I would have been fine with him being the backup QB here, but being the backup to Tua means you're more than likely going to get some playing time.

18. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

I know I sound like a broken record here, but 8 touchdowns in 8 games. It’s not like the defenses he was facing were on the level of the ’86 Bears.

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

IDK how much White had to do with the divisiveness in the locker room and the "Mike F'n White" tshirts, but since they're apparently keeping Zach, MW had to go. I hope he doesn't do a Pennington on us when we play the Phins.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Sorry but stats without context and kind of pointless.

Ralebird and stinkyB like this.