Mike Tannenbaum Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scikotic, Jul 27, 2011.

1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Yeah it's certainly a humbling and learning experience. This is the first time Mike T and Rex have lost in terms of offseason maneuvering.

2. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Not too sure this is correct, we will have to wait until the whole story of what was going on in the backround comes to light.

Yet, from what I have read here and else where , it seem the Jets had come to a verbal agreement with Aso lastnight and believed they had the deal wrapped up. So as everyone else assume it was just a matter of he and his agents coming in and signing on the dotted line.

I am spectulating here , but I believe all the restructing that went on today was to allow the Jets the extra room to get other business done after the signing today...

I can't blame Tanny and Rex for trying to get this deal done and I don't believe they got burned, I think they just put too much faith in someones word (agent ) or Aso that they had a deal. I don't think the intention was to screw the Jets or use them to bid up the price. Yet, when that final offer was made and agreed to, Philly just out bid the Jets,:shit:

I believe that Aso reps came back to the Jets with the Philly offer to see if they would match or go up, but the Jets thought they had an agreement in place, and at that point may have felt they were being used and and maybe even lied to and called it quits. The FO had put in almost 3 days of solid work to get this done and I believe they just became feed up with the whole process..

Notice how everyone thought it was a done deal with the Jets. Notice how the Jets were the first ones who said they were done with this circus, and were no longer in the market for Aso services. Then about 20 minutes later Aso reps came out with the statement that they were the ones cutting off the Jets and not the other way around.

I can't blame the guy for going for the bucks , he would be stupid not to. I can't blame his reps for getting every penny they could for Aso, that's what they get paid for. So while we lose out on something that could have been very special, it's not how you start the show that counts, it's how you finish.

How Tanny and the FO recover from this loss, will go along way in turning sour grapes in to roses. We certainly have plenty of cash to spread around and in the long run this loss could turn into a big win, we shall see

3. If there was any agreement, verbal or otherwise, with the Jets, this guy is the biggest scumbag on the planet.

4. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

The believer in me thinks that Tanny must be working on some sort of trade right now.

5. I just hope it's not for some 30+ year old CB or WR.

6. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

The Bengals seem to have lost the plot. We should go steal Leon Hall from them. Heh.

Latest I heard is that Philly were in from the start and Aso wanted Philly all along. Still sounds to me like the Jets got played, but after a sleep I'm ready to move on.

7. GreenSpleen

GreenSpleen New Member

They're called suits. Tanny is awesome.

8. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

I still love Mike Tanneumbaum.

Good try today sir.

9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Asp wants a ring and believes Philly have a better chance to get there - it's reported he took less money to go there than we offered