Mike & Mike on low completion %

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by JFjets, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Perhaps it's because Sanchez has had 4 years as a starter and 65 starts for us to look at, compared to Tebow's 16 ?

That's what is so damned irritating. We see guys like Ponder and Gabbert who were 1st time starters last year and they had terrible seasons. Yet their organizations gave them another year to show what they could do. They understand that not all QBs come out blazing fire in the NFL. That it usually takes time to grow into the position.

Ponder was 2-8 last year and had a starting job at the beginning of this season. Tebow was 8-5 with a playoff victory yet somehow, he's not an NFL QB ??

In what universe does that make any sense ?

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It only makes sense to people who understand what NFL QB's look like, so it's not surprising you guys don't get it. Feel free to respond with lots of stats ... it won't change the fact that no NFL team wants him as their QB.

3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Tebow: high conversion %, low completion %

4. Demosthenes9

Oh no..... He doesn't LOOK like an NFL QB. Oh, the horror!!

Nevermind the stats. Never mind the 8-5 record last year. Never mind the playoff victory that HE was largely responsible for.

Nope, according to you, he doesn't LOOK like an NFL QB, so that's all that matters.

Laughable.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

According to me and many others including you know, NFL teams.

6. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Honestly, nobody cares about Tebow at this point.

We're at the point in our schedule where he really isn't needed very much. The Jets are in the playoff hunt, the 'media circus' has largely died off.

Personally, I think Tebow would be better as a fullback to be honest. It's not a bad thing, but he has the body type to do it. Throw in some wildcat with him, and he can be a legitimate threat. I don't think he can be a NFL QB.

7. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

He shouldn't be a starter, but has proved he is an NFL QB. He has better stats and win percentage than a lot of QB's that are starting now. Career backup is not a bad thing, just depends on if anyone wants him.

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Really? He only played 16 games though...

9. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I agree, but the fear of the "circus" might chase off teams.

10. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

In those 16 games he did a lot more than most QBs do in their whole career. Just because he is a backup QB or a 3rd string QB, doesn't mean he is not a quarterback.

11. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Without a defense carrying him while he shit stumbled and bumbled through games looking like... well.... a RB playing out of position, he'd have 3 wins at best.

Not sure why you think his record is so damn neato when you look at how they came to be.

12. Concerned_Citizen

If only that were all that was needed to make your case for Tebow.

Unfortunately for him and his fanbase, there's a lot more to it. No matter how people try to spin it, he just isn't wanted around the league.

They don't believe he is what his record says he is. Not when they actually saw how it happened. It's as simple as that.

...just in case you were wondering why only Tebow's fanbase is impressed with the winning percentage, and the rest of the planet, the NFL, and his coaches aren't.

13. Demosthenes9

And with a competent coaching staff that would have utilized his strengths, he would have done better.

And don't even try pointing out how "great" Mike McCoy is doing this year, because he's the "OC" in name only. Peyton is running that show.

14. Concerned_Citizen

True, but I don't see how Manning running the show pertains to Tebow. He couldn't pass very well and the coaches did all they could to get around that.

Under the circumstances, I thought the coaching staff did an EXCELLENT job considering what they had to work with...

A bum (orton.) A never was. (Quinn.) And a guy who was drafted as a publicity stunt by Fox's predecessor.

15. phaytal

phaytal New Member

What McCoy did last year was a borderline miracle. Formulating an offense, mid-season, for an inept quarterback with gaping weaknesses, was nothing short of spectacular.

If assistant coaches were eligible for coach of the year, he would have won by a landslide. McCoy will most likely be a head coach somewhere other than Denver next year.

We'll see how many teams are willing to do what he did for Tebow next year. I'm going to go ahead and guess zero.

16. Concerned_Citizen

Yep. Tebowners should thank their lucky stars the coaching staff did THAT much for him. Had they stuck with the offense they ran the first 6 games or so, he would have been sunk and he likely would have been forgotten by now.

Wouldn't even have that nice record his groupies like to brandish without it.

Should be thanking McCoy, that blaming him for Tebow's shortcomings.

17. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

lol.

Funny what some people think "civic duty" is. I performed my civic duty by going to Afghanistan three times. I guess it's kind of similar though.

18. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Absolutely, I never got why Tebots hated him. I mean he adjust an offense to the QBs stenghth's, lead the league in rushing. That how the Broncos played last year, run the ball and play good defense. He wasn't the greatest play caller, evident early in the season this year, but he not as stubborn as say, Sparano and Schotty.

19. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Who said we hate him? I just don't think he is a good offensive coach.

20. Demosthenes9

Diddy, I was actually happy when it was announced that Tebow was coming here as I thought that there was no way that Sparano could have been as bad as Mike McCoy was vis a vis Tebow. I was mistaken.

Yes, McCoy did what good OCs should always do, which is to try and tailor the offense to match the QBs strengths. Problem is, he did a pretty poor job of it.

If you want to see guys who actually know what they are doing with their "dual threat" QBs, look at Shanahan in Washington and Chudzinski down in Carolina.

BTW, anyone who spent time on Denver's message boards last year can attest to the fact that it wasn't just "Tebots" who complained about McCoy's offense and play calling.