Mike & Mike on low completion %

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by JFjets, Dec 10, 2012.

1. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Couldn't the same be said about you when it comes to Tebow? Come on man look how many post u got in the little time u been here? I bet 98% of them are about Tebow?

2. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Everybody needs help.

3. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Actually, no, the same couldn't be said about me, and here's why.

Say that you go to a Jets game. You expect to see people dressed in Jets colors, wearing jerseys, hats, what have you. It's even completely normal to see people sporting face paint, wigs, costumes, etc. After all, they are FANS of the team. It's completely normal for them to spend their time supporting the team.

Now, it would be very strange to walk into a stadium and see someone (who isn't a fan of the visiting team) wearing something that says "I hate the Jets". It just isn't normal to have that kind of investment into not liking something.

Or take a band like The Rolling Stones. Completely "normal" for "fans" to camp out to buy tickets, or to try and get a good seat. Normal to see signs referring to how great the Stones are. What wouldn't be normal is for someone to invest the energy and capital into camping out for tickets just so that they can hold up a sign that says "Mick Jagger sucks".

Here we have a case of my favorite NFL player being traded to a new team. Logical that I would come to this board and be supportive of him AND the team that he plays for.

It's completely irrational for someone to follow him from the Denver boards and invest so much time in trying to trash him. It would be different if they were merely on the Denver board talking about how terrible Tebow is/was and how they are happy that he is gone. Even with this, most on the Denver board would tell the person "hey, he's gone, let it go, enough already."

So no, the two situations aren't even close.

4. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

ok if u say so..lol

5. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

So everyone understands...

Your join date is March 2012, you are not a Jet fan, and do not care about the franchise, so I'm not sure what your point is.

6. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Ok...

So you hate Tebow the man, because of his fans? But your analysis of JFJets is incorrect. JFJets doesn't hate people who don't think Tebow is an NFL QB, he just disagrees with them.

7. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Even in the face of sound logic, the lights don't turn on.

8. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Stalking, according to Demosthenes9:

- Go to the Bronco Country Forum, which Demosthenes9 was a very vocal member of last year
    - Search his name
    - Note that he hasn't posted in 9 months

Totally stalking you dude. It took me approximately 15 seconds to deduce that you are no longer active on the Bronco forums.

And just for the record, you don't know the first fucking thing about what it's like to be a Jets fan, or a Bronco fan for that matter. These folks on this board have stood by their team, through the good and the bad, for the most of their lives. I'd venture to bet that most of the people here were born in to Jet fandom. Indoctrinated, like a religion. Their fathers and their father's fathers lived Jet football. They've shared heartbreak and elation with their warriors in green and white. And most importantly, it doesn't matter what the starting roster looks like, or who's names are on it. They will be there every fucking week for their team.

Jets fans will always be around. They will be here on this forum, or packing The Met to the rafters, or stuffing every bar in Long Island on Sundays. The second Tebow is cut, you will be a fart in the wind.

So get the fuck out of here with that bullshit about who and who isn't a Jet fan. They see through you like a window, you fucking phoney.

9. tubby

tubby Active Member

This post, I like.

10. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

WOW!!!!

The Tebowners are going to the stalker card again and attempting to turn the discussion back into something personal ...again....

typical.

Don't worry, Jet fans. This distraction shouldn't last too much longer. Hopefully you guys are talking more about a REAL QB rather than some RB playing out of position who gets press conferences every week to talk about his 2 plays.

..and holy crap, Demos9 was every bit the Tim Tebow jock sniffer over there... whines about Tebow getting stalked by haters... how about those that latched on to the nuts of a shitty QB like that? Nice catch, Phaytal... I'll keep that in mind net time he feels the need to preach on about being a fan of a team.

Every team should be aware that if they make a move to aquire Tebow, you get Demosthenes9 as part of Tebow's "package" (heh heh) errrr... as part of the deal.

#90 Concerned_Citizen, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  11. TTTTebowAndTheJets

You all are real pieces of work... I'll tell ya.

12. Concerned_Citizen

Emotionally invested? Naw, I really don't care about Tebow himself that much. He's a nice kid and I wish him well when his career moves on while he sets up charities all over the planet. He's gonna do a lot of good in the world once he's done with the NFL.

I see it is my civic duty to dissect members of his fanbase to see what makes them tick. The kool-aid is DANGEROUS when it makes normally intelligent people into Tebots. These guys actually believe Tim Tebow is good. We got most of it out of the water in Denver after it nearly ripped our fanbase in half.

Thankfully, the mods on this site were smart enough to quarantine it in their own forum keeping the damage to the rest of the site minimal. Never seen a website do that, but I applaud it.

....fascinating. It really is.

13. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

*yawn* good morning guys. So why are you guys still responding to these two again? We should make a bit of an organized effort to not feed them anymore.

If you dont wanna outright ignore them, it could be like a game who can post the best didn't read gif.

14. phaytal

phaytal New Member

[​IMG]

15. Concerned_Citizen

Feeling a bit beat down about defending a guy that can't get off the bench, eh? Maybe a Jacksonville will throw you a bone next season and give him a few plays.

16. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Wow this subforum has turned into a warzone.

I was thinking about this, what makes Tebow special to everybody, that he NEEDS to be better than anyone else. Lets go down the list:

A. He can't fail because he is an Heisman Trophy winner!!! Well they're are many people who won Heisman's that did nothing in the NFL. Like Troy Smith, Matt Leinart, and Eric Crouch. Eric Crouch completed 44% of his passes in college and he wanted to play QB in the NFL. Other teams didn't give him a chance. He was forced to convert to safety.

B. He was a winner in college!!! He won National Titles!!! All the Tebots forget that Chris Leak was the starting QB on the 2006 team. But anyways, Matt Leinart won a national title (later vacated because of Reggie Bush) but he was a bust. Vince Young, the original QB Skip Bayless bent over for, washed out of the league though he should be starting over anyone on the Cards right now. Or how about Ken Dorsey, who lost only 2 games in 3 years as a started for Miami, is now a scout for the Panthers after he was a career 3rd stringer. He QB a stacked team with a lot of NFL players which made him look great, much like Tebow.

C. He is a hard worker and a leader!!! You don't get to the NFL without working hard. Well unless you are Ryan Leaf and JRussell. I bet you Orton worked hard. I guarantee you Sanchez works hard. You can't be an NFL player without working hard.

So Tebots, Tebow isn't special, their are many QBs that lead a team to the playoffs and washed out, like Quincy Carter, Trent Dilfer , Anthony Wright, Vince Young, and David Garrard.

17. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Yet more bullshit from you. I know EXACTLY what it's like to be a fan of the Jets, or a Broncos fan, as I've been a FAN of the Univ of Kentucky teams for my entire life. Yeah, born right into it. UK has a record of futility that even the Jets can't beat. Over the years, UK has managed a 455 and 513 record with 36 ties, a winning percentage of .471 %.

Here's our record over the last 20 seasons.

Code:
    2012	2	10
    2011	5	7
    2010	6	7
    2009	7	6
    2008	7	6
    2007	8	5
    2006	8	5
    2005	3	8
    2004	2	9
    2003	4	8
    2002	7	5
    2001	2	9
    2000	2	9
    1999	6	6
    1998	7	5
    1997	5	6
    1996	4	7
    1995	4	7
    1994	1	10
    1993	6	6
    	96	141

yeah, 96-141 over the last 20 seasons.

As for the Jets, yeah, I've been there watching every week, even when Tebow was inactive. Got excited during the Buffalo game when it looked like we actually had a fucking offense. Then sat through the blowouts and just shook my head. And yeah, I cheered when Sanchez was yanked and McElroy went in and won the game. Of course I would have preferred that Tebow had been the one to go in, but I was happy that we got the win.

So GFY and take yourself back to the Broncos board, where, coincidentally, no one else cares for you either.

18. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

None of what you said makes sense because Tebow has succeeded in the NFL when given the opportunity to start. You act like he lost every game.

19. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

People are calling Sanchez a bust even though he won 4 road playoff games.

20. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Ok, but what does that have to do with Tebow?