Mike Macc - just as bad

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nevbeats319, Sep 21, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yup the next 4 years are key. when you have a QB making pennies (assuming he can start playing like a stud next year) it's a huge help in other areas.

PJ4Ever and Footballgod214 like this.
  2. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

What would you do if you? If you're making 3-5 million/year and you can go to another team and make 7-10 million, would you do it? Either way, you're talking about a ton of cash. Would you take a big salary cut to stay on your team and keep it competitive? If you could guarantee you would retire with 10 million in the bank, you would never have to work again and you could leave a lot of money to your kids.

3. GasedAndConfused

your post makes no sense lol not sure what your asking or if you misunderstood my comments

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

For me its the Hanson, Stewart and Shepard picks that piss me off. If we just drafted 2 OL instead of these guys we would be in much better shape. Now Shepard might be ok, but for this year, its a total waste. At minimum we would have some depth on the line. Two 3's and one fourth wasted. And I am just going over the most recent stuff, never mind the most obvious.

5. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

shepard is taking lessons for Leo on how to be invisible , don't worry I'm sure the 24 soon to be 25 year old rookie has some hidden production we are all missing.

The trade for Henry Anderson was good, spending a 7th on a productive d line men is a good move, spending a 3rd on a small school 25 year old rookie is borderline retarded

sec314 likes this.
  6. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Show me how it’s above average. Are there numbers to back this up? I’m genuinely interested because I don’t know how you could possibly think that. There’s one player left from his 2015 draft. He cuts a mid round wr every 5 mins. Has drafted TWO linemen in 4 years! Both 5th rounders! The first didn’t make the team. Like cmon.

7. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Macc has to be shown the door along with Bowles... these 2 have had 4 years here to do something with this team and they've done nothing.

NYJetsO12 and sec314 like this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Hess already tried that. Didn't work out.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

i've posted them several times but really don't feel like going back and doing it again or digging up my history but i showed his drafts compared to some of the best teams in the league (panthers, steelers, pats, falcons, packers, etc) and he's done better or the same as all of them

10. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Yes, I went off-topic. I was trying to put the amount of money in perspective. If you're making guaranteed money of 3-5M/year for a few years, wouldn't you just want to be on the best or most enjoyable team possible and not even worry about making more money?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

nope. most NFL players are driven by pride and personal success. they want the money so they know they are being acknowledged and they want to win. just ask ODB who threw another fit after the game becuase the giants are 1-4 and he's getting paid but he wants to win

12. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I hear you. They want the glory, the money, the recognition. You seemed to make my point inadvertently, though. ODB (Odell Beckham?) is making big money but he's not having success and he's unhappy.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

exactly :)

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Red Menace likes this.
  15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Just in case you guys were not aware, Charlie Casserly scouted OL to be picked in later rounds when he was with the Washington Redskins as well. It’s no surprise Mac does the same.

I believe Joe Jacoby was a late round pick who became an All Pro Offenisve lineman for the redskins when Casserly was there.

The truth is most of us already knew this about Mac and that’s why some guys have soured on him and don’t mind seeing him shown the door as well.

#75 Red Menace, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

MoWilkBeast and JohnnyP123456 like this.
  17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Jets are going to win 7+ games and both will be back next season.

I tend to doubt Mac more than Bowles at this point because the talent level on the Jets outside of the free agent pickups and the 1st rounders (+Maye in the 2nd) is pretty bad. If we had a mid to late round star over the last 4 drafts plus a few solid players the Jets would be in a much better place right now.

18. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

19. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Great point. The focus on Mac's draft success has been on whether Lee, Williams et al. have been worthy picks. And this is understandable, but we Jets fans have been so starved for draft success that we forget that other teams actually enjoy the occasional big-time mid-round hit. Where's Mac's?

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. If the Jets didn't have any talent, they wouldn't play like they did vs the Lions or Broncos. It has been the inconsistent, incompetent coaching that has failed to utilize the players' talents, put them in positions to succeed, and trying to fit square pegs into round holes (rather than playing schemes better suited to the talents and abilities of the players, Bowles trying to force them to play in his schemes) that has caused the Jets problems. Horrible coaching by Rodgers and inconsistent game plans/play calling by Bates, and lack of discipline and ultraconservative play/approach by Bowles has done more to sabotage this team than Mac's drafting.