Mike LaFleur

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I’m thoroughly confused as to why the Jets treat Michael Carter like Adrian Peterson in the deep single back formations while they exclusively split Breece Hall out like a Z-receiver?

This offense, with Flacco, is literally fucking perfect to go with two tightends or even 11 personnel and do pound Hall until you roll play action with several deep threats on the field.

2. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

We went over this last week. We ran 12 in week 1, but everyone complained that it kept Wilson off the field.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

No, “we” didn’t go over this. If we roll 12 personnel, Wilson needs to be on the field. He’s the best player on our offense and it doesn’t matter where he lines up.

The Jets are not running the best formations to their quarterbacks strengths and it’s obvious.

It’s just so fitting that 3 franchises get the best offensive minds from the 2016 Redskins staff and the Jets end up with the shitty defensive coordinator as their head coach.

REVISion likes this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I am going to lose my mind if I see Elijah Moore running down field for 50/50 jump balls next week. That ain't his game, what are we doing?

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Yeah that's Garrett Wilson's game...let him go get those contested catches. Moore needs to see more time in the slot...you can alternate him and Garrett in those spots.

Jojo and AlToon_88 like this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Those high passes almost got his ribs cracked today..

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Wasn't that more of how the defender came and nailed GW on the side? I don't remember. I think the one play from last week was worse then this one. At least he finished both games. But he's known for those highlight reel type grabs where he goes up and gets it.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yeah, but they had to take him into the locker room and probably gave him the really good pk's. I have a feeling he'll be in rib pads for the near future.. I was impressed he came back into the game at all..

9. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Just asking how you feeling aout this team today? The same, better, we marching forward or in circles. thoughts

Noam likes this.
  10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Hah, I just made a post comparing my feeling about the 2 games a few seconds ago in LA Jets thread. But, no I never felt we belonged in this game against the Bengals. We would have to have played pretty close to perfect to win while the Ravens felt like we could have won if our offense was not completely awful. Very different feeling. But, also have to give some credit to Burrow and a motivated Bengals team. With Burrow playing that well he is hard to beat. Our offense would have to play elite for 4 quarters.

11. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

LaFleur and Saleh are in over their heads now. 11 personnel was their gameplan from the start – but they bailed on it too early already. The Ravens game wasn't a bad loss. That team is just better than the Jets, and our OLine is a mess. Of course, G Wilson needs to be on the field more, but he can't block yet. We need to control the ball and use our two-headed monsters and RB and TE. This will open up the passing game.

...and Flacco sucks.

12. dawinner127

Flacco is so brutal

13. dawinner127

How is this okay?? LOL

Jonathan_Vilma and Nyjets4eva like this.
  14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Guys were getting hung out to dry yesterday....

Cman68 likes this.
  15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Between a bad Flacco and bad play calling. Maybe LaFleur needs to come back to the sideline. The reverse of last year.

Watch this play at the 6:23 mark on the video. You should lose play-calling duties after calling a play like this. It was the nail in the coffin for this game.

16. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Part of this is we constantly have to play from behind, so it stands to reason we've been passing a lot more often than most teams. We've played 180 minutes of football this season and we've had the lead for 22 seconds of that.

cval likes this.