Mike LaFleur

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not in a rush to ship Davis out of town but I've never seen a WR fall down as much as he does. He's constantly on the ground.

2. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Two shiny new free agents and a highly touted rookie, but hey, Cager got some action.

blackssmagic and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  3. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I've noticed this too, and I think he's doing it intentionally to catch the ball in his chest. Not saying it's good, it's not... But it seems intentional

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That was a puzzler. It's not like the other guys needed a blow either, I saw him on the field 2 consecutive plays near the beginning of the game.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

yeah that’s honestly what I felt. And oddly enough if Ashtyn Davis was back there at FS, maybe that Bateman pass doesn’t get completed since he plays back far enough lol.

Flacco just doesn’t have the smarts nor anything to be effective in this young man’s league anymore. If the line is going to struggle you’re gonna either start dialing up quicker plays or put White in there for the next few games. LaFleur made the adjustment last year so I think he will do the same. He just had a bad game.

dmw likes this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Odd name for a sheik.

Cman68 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

That might be an upgrade cause that receiver ran by Joyner like he was standing still. This was why I hoped the Jets would have taken that safety from Notre Dame. Hamilton. Joyner on his best day is not a starting caliber safety.

8. boozer32

He should start next week. Corey Davis needs to sit for a few games and reflect on his bad play. Then the Jets need to cut him cause he has been an epic failure.

9. boozer32

The coaching is why we sucked. The coaches dialed up the plays, they ran a soft training camp and they have no idea what they were doing. You would think they would grow and learn from last year but they look as clueless as ever. Douglas needs to call Saleh, LaFleur, and Ulrich into his office and read them the riot act. Get your act together or you will be out by October. Injuries you can understand but a team being unprepared in all phases of football is unacceptable.

blackssmagic likes this.
  10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

How dare he lead the team in yardage without committing any penalties yesterday?

That is not the Jet way.

Hand the job to a rookie like we usually do.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Jeff Bezos. Richer than Croesus and very likely to spend top dollar on his management team.

The NFL is one of those buys where you don't care about overpaying for the team if you're already ultra-wealthy because the ROI is guaranteed, maybe not at the initial investment price but certainly down the road as the TV money rolls in.

blackssmagic and Cman68 like this.
  12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Was not thrilled with that play calling

REVISion likes this.
  13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

You can also play Ashtyn. Who plays a true FS. Bad angles in the run game and all.

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Can you see the monumental clash of egos here? Bezos owning the Jets and Cohen owning the Mets? The rest of the country would hate NY even more than they do now.

azhar80, blackssmagic and Br4d like this.
  15. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

hating us more than they already do? We should be so afraid lol

boozer32 and Cman68 like this.
  16. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Better to be hated for winning than laughed at for losing.

jixxjr, Cman68 and blackssmagic like this.
  17. boozer32

You could put a crash test dummy out there and it would be better than Joyner.

blackssmagic likes this.
  18. boozer32

Or watch Davis drop more passes. That rookie looked better in one play than Davis has his whole career. If they are gonna tank I rather they play the kids. The Jets aren't going anywhere anyway. not as long as Saleh is here and Boy Blunder LaFleur calling plays.
    Yeah, sign me up for some of that hate. Cohen spends money unlike the Coupons. They were counting pennies and Cohen comes along and say who do you want Billy Epler. Guess what first place this year. 2 of the top pitchers in baseball and pitching staff and bullpen that get it done. Diaz might be the first 100 million dollar reliever. Fred Wilpon would be looking for some bargain basement players

19. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

As Bill Parcells would say, lets not put the kid in the Hall of Fame just yet.

Corey Davis caught six balls on nine targets while your golden boy rookie caught four balls on eight targets.

So you are pounding the table for the player that had a 50% success rate over the player that had a 67% success rate.

With Davis also having the edge in height and experience you might want to reconsider.

Whatever happened with Corey Davis last year is not all that relevant as he was clearly our best receiver on Sunday.

I have high hopes for the two flashy youngsters but they are still question marks while Davis is a sure thing.

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Not getting all the Corey Davis hate.

But there are 16 games left... give me time.

azhar80, blackssmagic and James Hasty like this.