Mike LaFleur

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WoodyHarrelson, Jan 15, 2021.

1. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

Did someone say hes projected to go in the third round? that cant be right I've seen him a few times and I thought he was good, but after watching that full video that kid is a stud. I know you don't draft RBs in first round anymore but I would love him in the 2nd or 3rd if he falls that far. He is a bowling ball and will wear down the other team wow what a video.

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Best you prepare yourself for Sam version4 and then you won't be too disappointed come the new season/draft day.

You may be pleasantly surprised but at least you cut out some of the disappointment if we trade down from the 2.

3. K'OB

What a quality looking RB I'd take him with a 3rd no problem at all.

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I wouldn't even call Leon Washington "decent", as in above average full time RB.

Footballgod214 and JetBlue like this.
  5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I like Sam but you can't depend on him. He's either hurt or out for 4 games without taking a hit. I would keep him this season cause its the last of his rookie contract. But I would draft Wilson and be prepared.

Losmeister and Yankjetfan like this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Look at the list of absolute turds the Shanahan offense has produced solid numbers with. I don't think it should come as any shock whatsoever to anyone that LaFleur and Saleh think they can get Sam to pick up the system easily and run it effectively. I've always thought there was a good chance Sam was the QB no matter who the coach was, now I'm pretty confident he will be.

Especially since Douglas is a guy who wants to maximize his assets. Draft a QB at two with red flags and get another 2nd (maybe) for Sam... or trade back from 2, pick up multiple picks, still land an impact player in the first round and keep Sam who you and your coaches all believe can be effective?

7. K'OB

No arguments from me but I have a feeling he is getting a 4th chance and we are trading the 2 pick.

8. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

raheem mostert was with us for a cup of coffee but we didn't appreciate what we had, to our detriment, and 49er's advantage:(

9. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I got to say I’m really excited about RS bringing him in as OC. Get ready for ground and pound time with good defence. We are 100% drafting a bell cow RB. I think it going to be Najee Harris.

10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I think they'll take someone like Javonte Williams on day 2.

11. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Hey, I can live with Sam -- although a few here say they are taking off if he comes back -- but I do NOT want to trade down from #2 down to the teens or something like that.

I don't want a bunch of picks where the talent level drops off so far you are drafting guys like Darron Lee in the mid-teens.

SOJAZ and azhar80 like this.
  12. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Honest question, everyone keeps mentioning his brother... Am I missing something? Just because his brother is having success with most likely the mvp of the league we are all assuming Mike will do the same things here??

13. K'OB

But why shouldn't we hope?

Or do you think it more pertinent as Jets fans to just stay in a darkened room weeping that we have the wrong brother?

or we have to guess our new HC has seen something in him while working with him for however long and he has brought him with him to the Jets, this is Saleh's first gig you would think he would want the best he knew to be his OC, he chose MLF, currently, we have to trust that they know what they are doing or it is really pointless being a fan.

Fuck, I am sick of being a miserable Jets fan, this is the time to be optimistic but if we go 0-8 to start next season then we can get back to normal.

14. K'OB

I think we drop to lower top 10 be nice if we could snap up two 1st round picks and extras for doing so.

15. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

Wouldn't mind doing that tbh and I think it would be a bad idea to not have another QB in camp to at least compete with Sam if we don't get a great trade offer for him. Trading back and getting extra picks is a good move. I would use one to draft either Wilson or Lance later in the first round.

K'OB likes this.
  16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Well in his 4 years as passing game coordinator the offense was top half of the league all 4 seasons and top 10 once. Not extremely impressive until you consider he did it with Mullens, Beathard, Garoppolo, and Hoyer.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  17. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

no. not assuming DOING WHAT HE IS DOING. only assumption is some sharing of ideas. and, of course, qb evaluation.
    Matt has worked with Ryan, Mariota, Rodgers and Goff. Sam is demonstrably the worst QB in the NFL over 3 years.
    Turning lead into gold has not yet worked, theres a name for it-

Do people here really need a primer on alchemy?

"Pseudo-alchemical transmutation was outlawed and publicly mocked beginning in the fourteenth century. Alchemists like Michael Maier and Heinrich Khunrath wrote tracts exposing fraudulent claims of gold making. By the 1720s, there were no longer any respectable figures pursuing the physical transmutation of substances into gold. "

18. Losmeister

so the goal is to win with Dilefer/McMahon?

shouldnt it be, IMAGINE WHAT COULD BE DONE WITH A GOOD QB???

19. Losmeister

the wosrt qb in the NFK is fine by me, he wears the laundry i like...

FFS

azhar80 likes this.
  20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I guess reading comprehension is a lost art.