Mike LaFleur out as OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bicketybam, Jan 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It's common sense.

You think Robert Saleh made this choice? JD?
    Woody doesn't need authority from anyone, he owns the team.

You all got what you wanted.. I hope I'm wrong on the outcome. Always.

This will cause issues for several reasons. It Is what It Is.

We shall see.

Jets79 likes this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm hoping Woody is so pissed that he goes big game hunting. I'm in the Carr camp as temps really don't get as cold as they used to and Carr has never played on a team with a good D. I think Carr would thrive here. He didn't shrink in Vegas, he damn sure won't shrink here.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  3. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Probably wasn’t the best thing to say that their Zach Wilson strategy was wrong from jump street. Who knows with this guy. An OC is going to be at a disadvantage when a team doesn’t have a starting caliber quarterback on it’s roster. Good luck to him though.

4. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

My thought as well.

5. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Kingsbury?

6. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

I don't think LaFleur was all that good, but also... OCs usually live and die by their QBs (how Gase got his rep working w/ Manning, etc.) the Jets had (and still have) maybe the worst QB situation in the league. OC usually takes the hit for that, because he's the easy guy for the GM to throw the owner as a scapegoat.

Brook! likes this.
  7. IIMeanDeanII

Why would a successful QB want to come here at this point?

We now have a HC with a playoff mandate, who just lost his OC. There will be a new system now more than likely, a lot of variables and moving parts at play, with an owner who thinks he knows the best thing for this team because of his incredible football savvy over the years. If I'm a successful veteran QB, I'm going somewhere with more stability. Somewhere where everyone's jobs aren't on the line and this offense Isn't starting all over.

I hope Woody eats a dick and goes off and chokes on It. Fucking clown doesn't know shit about football, he hasn't got It right In how many years now?

...but we are looking to him for answers? lol

I truly hate this fucking team.

#47 IIMeanDeanII, Jan 11, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
    Jets79 likes this.
  8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It’s fluff to placate Saleh not tarnishing a friend’s name with being terminated due to incompetence

SOJAZ likes this.
  9. IIMeanDeanII

8 OC's In 11 seasons...

Coooooooooooooool stat.

Jets81 and twown like this.
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I think that any honest man familiar with the game of football, having seen the production of the Jets offense over the past 33 games would see that it was the only choice they had. I prefer to believe that both Saleh and Douglas are honest, familiar with the game of football and unsatisfied with the results produced by the offense in those 33 games. To not remove LaFleur from the OC position would be dereliction of duty and make an honest person question their motivation, or lack of same and their fitness for their positions. Of course Johnson has the authority - it's his business.

11. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

You would think that LaFleur would've improved the offense since last year or at least drawn up plays that would benefit ANY QB. Having a horrendous OL and losing Breece Hall early in the season was a recipe for disaster. MLF was not very good and didn't do a good job adjusting to the players he had. Most of the time I could predict what plays he was going to call while watching a game. Let's hope we get someone who truly understands how to coordinate this young offensive team.

12. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Best move ever to start the off season with. I truly trust JD, I would rather give Saleh another chance with an experienced OC. This was best case scenario for me. I already know JD is gonna work on QB options and the Oline is gonna look completely different next year. I hope we can get either Minshew, Carr or Rodgers w MW for competition

SOJAZ and cval like this.
  13. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I can't think of one that felt right. Schotty, who was shitty, probably the closest but still miles away.

14. IIMeanDeanII

This offense shown It was good when the pieces were there for It to function properly. Who In the actual fuck could've overcome all the hurdles and obstacles that happened to this team on offense this year? Who?

The disfunction wasn't because of ONE guy. It wasn't because of the OC.

This Is a joke situation.

Is the new OC supposed to come In here and just take on all the other offensive coaches now?

What a mess.. Can't wait for another wonderful restart. Love starting over every two years. It's great.

azhar80 likes this.
  15. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

What OCs are out there who run a similar system? No sense in the team having to learn an entirely new system. Granted save the receivers the O might be radically different.

azhar80 likes this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

There's no "scapegoating" here.

The primary job of an Offensive Coordinator is to score points.
    If you can't get that done then you've failed at that job.

Saleh's lucky if the bloodletting stops with LaFleur... he's not exactly blame free.
    He's positioned himself as a CEO type head coach... but being hands-off doesn't absolve him of anything.

SOJAZ, Wut?, Brook! and 8 others like this.
  17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Josh Dobbs was taken off the scrap heap and got in the endzone for the Titans. We didn't run a play inside the 8 yard line of the opps redzone in 3 games. The Texans figured it out, but we couldn't? C'mon.

KY Jets Fan, SOJAZ, apjbfc and 7 others like this.
  18. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

This. The Titans are a great example of adversity but still scoring. They weren't about to score very much either, but at least they did

KY Jets Fan and SOJAZ like this.
  19. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Gary Kubiak being coaxed out of retirement?

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The season long results weren’t there but I felt like John Morton was heading in the right direction in 2017. They were scoring in the middle of the season against solid defenses before McCown got hurt with the deadly trio of him, Bilal Powell and Jermaine Kearse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.