Mike Greenberg of ESPN Radio

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Aug 17, 2006.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Thanks for being so trutfully. That immediately moves you up my ladder by eons over most on this board

2. akibud

akibud Active Member

nuff respect champ...... as I said, there's gotta be a reason for me to watch..

3. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

not true.....i do not "detest" you, where do you get that idea?

4. rajensen088

rajensen088 Banned

5. King Koopa

6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Naturally from your posts where else would it come from?

7. King Koopa

Again, i disagree with you sometimes, but I have given credit where credit is due....you're good for the board, it's good to have people with different opinions

8. fireguy404

fireguy404 New Member

the season is a sucess if the jets finish with 6 wins and ahead of the bills

9. akibud

akibud Active Member

agreed... all things in moderation of course, champ serves the roll of villain very well on this board, the guy everyone loves to hate. He keeps us tuning in to see what he's going to come up with next..

10. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

Hey Champ, if Chad lasts the whole year, I think we might be able to win 7-8games at most, if not, we'll be lucky to win 4 maybe 5 games. we are going to have a tought year and to think otherwise is very foolish, but you never know in this day and age of football.

11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Are there 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 or 1 team(s) in the NFL worse than the Jets?

12. GreenMachine

They actually did not "report" anything. A prediction is NOT a report. But than again, it is all misinformation.

13. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Champ wanted to date me.

14. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

:rofl2: :rofl2: So THAT's why he's ignoring me. I see now.

15. allan1

allan1 Active Member

8-8, and if things break right, 9-7 and playoffs.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

What would be entertaining would be watching the defense play well, with a lot of tight games, and watching the emergence of a few new mainstays. Cotchery, Clemens, Ferguson, Mangold, these are the guys it would be nice to see take a step forward in an otherwise down year.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

easily win 7 or 8 games? no, we could easily lose 10 to 14 games. if this team wins 7 or 8, there won't be anything easy about it. 7 or 8 games is a great season compared to last year and would be a HUGE improvement. Huge improvements just don't easily happen, they usually are the repercussion of great coaching and great players, something this team has yet to prove it has. they may win 7 or 8 games, but saying they could "easily" win 7 or 8 games is just a stretch.

18. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

It's absolutely not a stretch. Do you realize our team was a field goal away from 5 wins last season? How can you say the roster we have right now is worse than the roster we ended with last year? Do a position by position breakdown, and you'll realize we downgraded in only a few spots... not to mention a new coaching staff that will understand how to gameplan to win! Please prove to me how this current team is worse than last years. I will give you that there is a lot of newness on this squad, and a lot of IFs... but I will take that over the crap debacle we put out last year. Again, please prove to me how we are worse.

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

wow! we almost won a whole 5 games! fact is, we didn't. prove we are worse? prove we are better? your own position applies to your own argument, which is the symbol of a flawed argument. neither can be proved, they can only be theorized. what are you talking about?!? time to go back to argument and debate 101.

I'm not saying we will be worse, just that if anything was going to "easily" happen, it is far more likely that we will be worse than significantly better, which is your position. nothing about your argument suggest that the team will be significantly better. we don't know if the coaching staff is better, we can onl hope it is. we don't know if our O-Line will be better, we can only hope. In the long run this team will be better for the changes made, but to suggest that the improvement will be significant and immediate, and EASY, is just silly. mostly the easy part.

20. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

agreed.....that's what made last year so depressing for me...first of all the disaster wasn't expected...then there was really no one to watch for as far as development