Mike Golic and Marshall Faulk think the Colts Get run on right up the gut

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by freebo, Jan 20, 2010.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

maybe someone should call the cops? greeny is supposed to chill with golic, not faulk

2. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

yea well curtis martin says were going to the super bowl so thats all I really need.

3. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

The Colts defense is pretty good, but honestly, nobody cares about a Colts' highlight video.

4. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Who the fuck listens to golic bread anyway ?

5. Jared Jammer

Jared Jammer New Member

Faulk has held a grudge against Indy for years now. I think he's a little upset that we traded him right as the Manning Dynasty was beginning.

Colts' '98 Season: 3-13

Colts' Offseason: Faulk kicked to the curb, Edgerrin James drafted

Colts' '99 Season: 13-3

To Marshall's credit, he did ride Kurt Warner's coattails to a championship.

6. bobzilla

bobzilla New Member

When Marshall went down, so did the Rams... Not sure why Im posting so off topic, I guess because that statement is crazy to the 10th power...

7. The Mak

The Mak New Member

[​IMG]

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Those last 2 game the Colts were rushed on 50% more than the season average so the ypc is still up there even if you take those 2 games out.

They are top 10 in giving up rushing 1st downs and top 4 in passing 1st downs.

And one stat I think is really big is the Colts are the worst in the league in stopping teams on 3rd down, giving up the 1st down 45% of the time. The Jets D is at 32%. I would say 3rd downs are a pretty key situation.

Another key situation would be 1st and goal, the Colts were 27th in the league in stopping 1st and goal. Only teams worse were Cleveland, St louis, Detroit, Tampa and Tenn.

Lets look at the other side also. Yes, you have a great offense but look at the teams you have played, we will leave out the last 2 games since they didn't play all the starters.

7 of 14 games were played against the worst defenses in the league. Colts played the #24 (2 times), #25, #26, #28 (2 times) and the #31 defenses.

The 3 games played against top 10 D's you won by a total of 5 pts.

9. freebo

freebo New Member

I don't think so.

Add these two games to the Jets and see how their numbers look:

Week 16 ? 44 carries for 202 yards (4.6 avg)
    Week 17 ? 42 carries for 248 yards (5.9 avg)

That is going to skew any team in the NFL's season numbers big time! That?s 450 yards in two games. Really like 400 yards in 6 quarters.

And in week 16 most of that came in the second half. But I don't care to argue that with you. Some of you get that part and some don't. It doesn't matter if you see it or not.

I am not a greedy fan. I do not need to be undefeated and have every team bow down to my team. I just want to win the big games and I love our chances in this one. Not saying it?s a lock, but it looks pretty damn good from where I am sitting and I am pretty open and objective for a die hard fan.

10. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

dude how in any way did they shut down the Ravens....THEY RAN 19 TIMES FOR 85+ YARDS!

11. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I agree with you, freebo, the Colts defense is a lot better than most people give them credit for. Having said that, I think the Jets CAN run on them with great effectiveness. Will they run on them well enough to control the game??? We'll see.

12. freebo

freebo New Member

And that is going to be a huge key in the game. I think the Jets running game is great. This will be our toughest task yet (excluding Miami's wildcat)

13. The Waterboy

The yards per carry would have changed from 4.3 to 4.13 for the Colts by taking out those 2 games.

That is .17 of a yard, not skewing the stats big time at all. That's 6 inches a carry less.

I am not going to start adding imaginary stats to the Jets D, they had some bad games but still ended up the number one defense. Can you imagine how good the numbers would look if I took out the 2 worst games.

All that does not take away from the other stats I posted. I noticed no response to any of that.

14. freebo

freebo New Member

We put teams in passing situations and they sneak runs in underneath sometimes and it skews the stats. One play, when Rice fumbled, went for 20 yards.

We actually did a great job stopping Baltimore from running the ball.

15. freebo

freebo New Member

You and I both know that would not be comparing apples to apples. We played our backups for 6 straight quarters and gave up 400 yards rushing, in the process.

Letting you take away your worst six quarters out of the equation would be taking time away when your starters were actually playing.

16. The Waterboy

As I said, taking away those 2 games would have dropped the yards per carry by .13 of a yard or 6 inches.

They did not skew the stats as much as you claim.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

statistically the Colts D doesn't scare anyone, but they seem to play big in big games, and this is a big game, so throw the stats out the window.

18. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

Go back and look at that video besides the ravens its a bunch of crappy/medicore teams that didnt make the play offs.

19. gulbane

gulbane Member

Beh, ridiculous!

20. freebo

freebo New Member

How could you possibly know that? We don't know how many rushes each team would have even had or yards gained against us.