Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, May 4, 2009.

?

Which is it...

1. Fatcessa is a Jealous bitch.

55.3%
  2. Woody is definitely PSL whoring the QB around town.

7.6%
  3. Actually BOTH are right on.

28.0%
  4. Paranoid Android

9.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jett Jett

Jett Jett New Member

Um no, i rather play Baltimore since we would have a home game vs them.

2. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

I love how he shoots everyone down who talks about the Jets being #1 in defense in every category. His only response it's all subjective and the Jets are 18th in sacks.(would you rather be 1st in sacks and 18th in PPG or vice versa like the Jets?)

Then he's shoving in our face about how the Bengals are the #2 run defense in the NFL.

Wait a second Francesa, I thought you don't use stats? BTW, we have the #1 run game so lets see what happens. Something has got to give, right?

Now he's telling us how the Bengals are going to put 8 and 9 in the box and dare Sanchez to throw!

Oh my, the Jets should be afraid! This has been every teams game plan all season and yet we still run it all over everyone.

His only response to that is in the Falcon game the Jets didn't run the ball well.

Oh heavens, god for bid the Jets have a game where they don't rush for 200 yards. But lets just single out that one game and forget the other 15 when we run all day like it's rookie mode on madden.

3. Jett Jett

Jett Jett New Member

I heard in a bill simmons podcast, mike lombardi said that the bengals run defense is actually average to below average using a certain method that he uses. 49minute mark of the podcast. He says the bengals have the 22nd ranked run defense!!!!!!!! And their run offense is 13th!!!!

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

What "certain method" would that be??? I've seen the Bengals play a bunch of times this season and, this past Sunday night notwithstanding, they have played against the run very well this season. 22nd ranked? no way.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Of all the other teams the ones that have a quick passing game (N.E. and Indy) are the worst matchups for a team that relies on pressure.

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

7. Jett Jett

Jett Jett New Member

he uses different things to calculate the stats. Listen to the podcast im not making this up. According to mike lombardi, an ex gm, the bengals have the 22nd run defense.

8. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

9. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I try not to listen to mike because he is a bitter over the hill blowhard. But I heard him for a few minutes today washing AZ coach ken wisenhut's balls and I was wondering if Mike has had on one guest from the Jets all week? One player, coach or former player to discuss the team and the upcoming WC game???

10. Jett Jett

Jett Jett New Member

nope he hasn't.

11. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Thats amazing that his bosses allow him to not have on one Jets guest all week long on playoff week.

For example, I heard Revis on Ferrell on Sirius this week and Ferrell did about 30 minutes with Revis who was fantastic.

Seems like there is seriously somthing F'd up between mikey and the Jets for him to sit there washing ken wisenhunts balls, trashing the Jets and not having any Jets players, coaches or former players on all week to discuss the game.

12. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

ah i forgot about that yeah. home field is crucial.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

14. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I don't think any Jets players or coaches want to go on his show. You see old Jets players on Joe and Evan all the time, and Rex and Co. on 1050, but never on Fatcessa.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ the Jets are on ESPN, the Giants are on the FAN. That's the agreement.

Ryan is on with McKay. Coughlin is on with Francessa.

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Ryan has been on with francessa in the past.

francessa is simply ticked off at espn b/c espn doesn't allow its reporters to go on mike's show.

17. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Jets fans constantly complain about being disrespected. 40-plus years without a Super Bowl will do that for you, and with a coach who talks up his team like no other, Jets fans want to believe. This has led to a ton of anti-Jet backlash in the media (Mike Francesa, anyone?), and a lot of angry Jets fans hoping their team can prove the team wrong.

But don't talk about what the Jets have done this year. As Rex Ryan said, the Jets haven't accomplished their goal. The playoffs are not where he wants to be: Ryan wants a Super Bowl winning squad. Now, this team needs to play perfect football to get to that level, but he wants to build a winning atmosphere.

Get the players thinking big now. Forget the losing atmosphere. He knows he has a rookie quarterback. Everyone knows that. When he matures, and once the team adds a couple more pieces, namely a big pass rusher, the Jets will be that caliber of team. Right now, they're a good team with a very good defense and a very good running game. The passing game isn't there, and with a rookie quarterback, it probably never was going to be.

Still, there's a very good chance the Jets can beat this Bengals team on Sunday. The Bengals are a team the Jets can beat. After all, the Jets scored more points and allowed less than Cincinnati this season. The Bengals aren't going to score many points against this defense, and if that's true, there's little reason the Jets can't win this game, or at least be in it until the very end.

And if they do win, we'll take it from there. What every Jets fan must be dreaming for is a win on Saturday and a Baltimore victory in New England. While it would be nice to face the Colts again and see what happens if both teams play all four quarters, the Chargers are a much more appealing matchup. They struggle stopping the run, which could mean the Jets can score some points to support their defense. Win there, and hope the Ravens can upset the Colts, a longshot, but not impossible, and the Jets play at home for the AFC Championship game.

Okay, I'm getting a bit carried away. But it's okay to dream big. That's what your coach wants you to do. Don't get too angry at a loss, but eliminate the defeatist mentality that has permeated this franchise for so long.

And don't think the team has accomplished anything yet, because 9-7 after beating two half-hearted teams the last two games is not much. It's a step in the right direction, but the Jets need a playoff victory to stamp this season a big success. That might not be enough for Ryan, whose bombastic claim that the Jets should be favorites in the "tournament" has caused waves throughout the league, but with a rookie quarterback, I think that would satisfy most sane fans' expectations.

http://www.jetsdaily.com/2010/01/jets-cant-complain-about-being.html

18. Jett Jett

Jett Jett New Member

he just said jets are 20th something in sacks. They then post a stat that says the jets are 18th in sacks. He sees that and goes oh their 18th in sacks, because all their sacks come on blitzes.

19. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Rex does blitz most of the time though. I agree that the Jets cannot fall behind by much (double digits) in the playoffs.

20. Jett Jett

Jett Jett New Member

when has francesa become a coach and a guy who breaks down film. Hes talking out of his ass right now. He thinks he knows how the bengals and jets are going to play. Hes such a fake ass know-it-all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.