Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, May 4, 2009.

?

Which is it...

1. Fatcessa is a Jealous bitch.

55.3%
  2. Woody is definitely PSL whoring the QB around town.

7.6%
  3. Actually BOTH are right on.

28.0%
  4. Paranoid Android

9.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

If Kerry Rhodes plays like he should and can, a lot of these completions would be picked.

With a guy like Revis, Kerry has every opportunity to make some BIG plays. He's too scared of looking bad if it doesn't work out though. He needs to leave his ego at home and just play some damn football.

****off topic sorry

2. cambam71

cambam71 Member

Agreed, but that's the problem with giving him and his personality a huge contract.

3. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

yea david harris is way improved and is also in fact the man. With Jenkins out hes our number 2 best defensive player.

4. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Although I agree Harris has looked a bit better then last year, thats probably from just having another year under his belt.

Harris had games as soon as he became a starter where he had tackle numbers in the teens. He had very good player already on him.

I think everyone is just overreacting way too much because lets face it..this is a team with a rookie qb...receivers that have learned on the fly...a rookie head coach who thought he could handle the hc job and the dc job (that will change next year...he will have major input but will have to give some responsibilities.

Rex overrated this roster (and so did I so Im not blaming him).

Rex is learning on the job. Rex has learned that you probably cant do the following:

Call your qb Sanchise after 3 games instead of saying "3 games does not make a great qb....lets see what he does afte 16".

Allow his team to talk like a bunch of truck drivers and say anything they want.

He will probably say in the spring "Um...Im not falling into that trap again...yes..I think this is a good team...but that doesnt mean shit in the spring"

Compare any player to Reed. Compare any player that hasnt proven anything yet to anybody.

Come out and say his coaching staff is outstanding and the best in the league when a running game didnt get going until week 4 or 5....a defensive line that provided little pressure all year....a secondary that gets a pick during lunar eclipses only.

Will tell Bart Scott to define the word mean...but learn the word smart.

And maybe..just maybe....Rex will go out on a limb and be the first head coach that will demand no football talk on twitter....we did not sign you to be authors...but to play football and football only.

I could go on forever but thats good enough for now.

5. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

De Vito has stepped up. Ditto POUHA, Ellis , Harris, and the rookie FA Westermann. But I do agree that CRYIN'RYAN presently looks like ole BLUSTER and BS. His DC is also apparently not cutting the mustard and still has to grow into the job. The secondary coach should be fired!

6. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

HAHAH, what is it with our ny sports talk radio? How do these fucking morons get these jobs? Francesa i could see at least fooling people into thinking hes worth listening to, but Carton is just absolutely pitiful.

7. RSherryJr

RSherryJr New Member

Jets defense under Mangini > Jets defense under Rex.

Harris was a monster as a rookie, then got hurt, he is back to playing like his old self. Still no big improvement over his rookie year which is the last time he was really healthy.

8. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

:rofl: go to cleveland.

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Top-notch analysis there.

10. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I don't understand all of the complaining. If you take away the amount of points scored on returns (an amazing 7 TD's) the Jets defense has giving up 140 points in 10 games. What's the problem there? Are they world beaters? Of course not, but considering the crappy position the offense has put the defense in (16 INT's and numerous fumbles by Sanchez) I'd say that the defense has performed OK - certainly enough to have a better record than 4-6.

Again, it's not about the individual players stats that count. It's the points that a team gives up that is key and the Jets defense has only given up 15 TD's in 10 games. Not too bad in my book. Would you like to see more INT's and a little bit better rate of stopping teams on third down? Sure. But it's only year one of this defense and really only two of the players have changed over last year so you can't expect a #1 defense overnight.

11. HOI

HOI Active Member

Interesting article in the Post. Cannizzaro pretty much targets Fatcessa directly. I think it was on Monday when Fatcessa said he "heard" that Sanchez lives like a rockstar and he may not be totally focused on football. He also went on to say Sanchez was not respecting the QB position and his "California cockiness" was going to kill him. Glad to see someone finally took note to the shit that fat bastard spews on a daily basis.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ Woody telling everyone this is the norm is the most important thing.

That's why I'm not going nuts about this year and how its going. This was expected. He's going to have games where he's going to look awful, but as long as they dont outweigh the games he's looked good. And he's looked good in more games than he's looked bad, so he's where he should be in my book.

This team is being set up for a franchise QB. Let's watch him develop.

Ryan and Flacco spoiled everyone's expectations.

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I don't much like Cannizarro, but I'm glad he calls that idiot Fatcessa out in that article.

14. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

this defense isn't the same without jenkins. we saw this last year, only most didn't recognize it for what it was. Jenkins wore down in the last third of 2008, and the Jets entire defense looked average at best because of it. junc will tell you that the jets stunk in that stretch because of Favre and Favre alone though......

15. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

All excellent points. I think alot of us bought into Ryan's hype a little too much. Understandable in, as Jet fans, we are desperate for any breath of fresh air. Hopefully he has learned something.

16. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

:beer::rofl::up:

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

18. nyjets80

nyjets80 Member

Both sides of da ball are not too good. Clearly Rex dont know much bout d.

19. sayuki

sayuki New Member

Francesa is a very fat man and he is mean!! I do not like him.

20. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

sayuki's back! Konichiwa! Still pretending?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.