Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, May 4, 2009.

?

Which is it...

1. Fatcessa is a Jealous bitch.

55.3%
  2. Woody is definitely PSL whoring the QB around town.

7.6%
  3. Actually BOTH are right on.

28.0%
  4. Paranoid Android

9.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Lacrosse is the fastest growing sport in the USA and nothing else even comes close right now. The NCAA Mens Division I semifinals and finals are on ESPN and this year will be in prime time, so you are wrong to say that nobody cares about it. One more fact - more people attend the NCAA mens Lacrosse Final Four than any other college sport except basketball. Lacrosse draws 50,000 fans for its championship weekend games. Nobody cares?????

I understand talking about baseball during baseball season, but with pro and college sports today having overlapping seasons, I can tell you that as a sports fan in general, I find it incredible that baseball is the only sport talked about on NY sports radio for 9 months. And the sport doesn't warrant that exposure, in my opinion. It's like listening to the same song over and over and over............

2. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

Lacrosse is a fast growing sport, but it's really expensive. Soccer isn't popular because it's pretty unwatchable. Lacrosse isn't popular because only middle class and upper middle class kids on the Eastern seaboard can really afford to shell out for the equipment. It's a great game with a great pace, so I think if they find a way to make it more accessible to the average American, it will take off.

-X-

3. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Is there a more popular thread? This one just isn't doing it for me...

4. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

Oh lord.

I used to listen to the show as a kid because my tv broke at a time when my parents were saving for a house, and we didn't get a new one for three years, so all I did was collect and read baseball cards and listen to baseball games on the radio. Incidentally, my uncles grew up with Chris Russo, who was always, according to them, "a loudmouth who wasn't any good at sports," but because he was a local guy, it was must listen. Two of my uncles used to call in fairly often, but not for years now.

I think since Francesa's been on his own he's been unlistenable. He used to know the sports he covered, but that was years ago. Now he talks about how little respect the Colts HC gets and then illustrates it by calling him "Cardwell."

I'm sure it's come up in this discussion already, but everyone should check out the MikeFrancesaNY twitter feed. It's far better than the actual show, and whoever created it should win some kind of award. It really captures what a joke the guy has become.

-X-

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ Wow, i've made 37 posts about everyone using their brains and turning off their radios.

6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Well considering that My thread of the TV show was merged, I had a lot of posts before that. :smile:

No biggie though, I just hope to start an anti dumpling campaign against the fat bastard.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Campaigning won't get him off the air. It will just give him better ratings.

8. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Dumbass or not, the guy apparently has people listening.

9. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

what kind of ratings does lacrosse get? I know people that play lacrosse but I definitely don't know anyone who can't wait to watch a lacrosse match.

do you think radio hosts are going to talk about lacrosse? the college basketball regular season is pointless in my opinion. #1 loses to #2. Ok, thats cool!

i think most people would disagree with you. you just happen to not like baseball which is fine but i enjoy the day to day baseball talk on the radio.

10. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Well, that isn't remotely true.

11. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmr7xfCW-WI[/YOUTUBE]

12. Joe Willie White Shoes

I don't expect lacrosse to be discussed on NY talk radio. I was just responding to your statement that nobody cared about lacrosse, which is not true.

13. Joe Willie White Shoes

And it's a lacrosse game, not a match.

And the #1 NCAA BB team losing to #2 certainly deserves more air time than a three hour discussion on why the Mets or Yankees lost game 32 of a 162 game season. There is nothing mroe meaningless in sports than a single baseball game.

14. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

That motherfucker doesn't play around.

15. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

ohhh sorry, a little defensive there! lacrosse game!

When you say there is nothing more meaningless then a single baseball game you would be wrong.

In basketball there are 82 games. The only teams that have a legit chance to win the entire thing every season are the top 2 or 3 seeds. Teams seeded 1-3 do not squeak into the playoffs. Many of the games mean very little during the regular season.

In baseball you can miss the playoffs by 1 game(like the Mets did twice) and you're done. 1 game really does make a difference. The playoffs is a crap shoot so it really doesn't matter how you make it.

I really don't know what you're arguing about. You think lacrosse is more popular then baseball? it's not, and it will never be.

16. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Not really disagreeing with anything you're saying on the baseball vs lacrosse thing, but in pro hoops it depends on the year and the conference. In the west right now only a few games separate #2 through #8. A couple of games here and there could be the difference between you hosting the first 2 rounds or you traveling, or not making the playoffs at all. Every game matters for like half of the conference. In the East it's a different story where it's Cleveland, Orlando, Foston, and a bunch of pretenders, but it's not really that much different from baseball as not as many teams can get in to begin with

17. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

I agree about the West but lets be honest, the Lakers are going to win the West. The West has a bunch of good teams but none will beat the Lakers. Maybe Denver has a chance. In the East it's Cleveland or Orlando. Boston is old and Atlanta isn't good enough.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I still feel the Spurs can beat the Lakers in the playoffs. Denver Can also. Maybe Portland. But thats it.

19. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

no way the spurs can do it. they're also too old. portland owns LA in their building so I guess it's possible. the lakers turn it on and off when they want to.

20. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I think he was just making fun of Francesa...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.