Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, May 4, 2009.

?

Which is it...

1. Fatcessa is a Jealous bitch.

55.3%
  2. Woody is definitely PSL whoring the QB around town.

7.6%
  3. Actually BOTH are right on.

28.0%
  4. Paranoid Android

9.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Funny!!!!

Let's not forget the Mad Dog was his partner for those 20 years, made for a good combo.

I bet he will not do as well now that he is solo.

2. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

This is a football board. Talk about baseball in the BS forum. I am already missing football and sick of booorrrrrring baseball and all the baseball talk on NY talk radio. On my ride home today all I heard was baseball talk on ESPN. I turned to FAN for one minute and the first words I heard were Mariano Rivera. Why can't anybody on talk radio talk about some other sport - any other sport - between February and November. It is the peak of hockey season. Football just ended - there's still plenty to talk about. The NCAA tournament is around the corner. Instead we get hours of whether Murphy is a good first baseman. Time to break out the music CDs because I just don't care about this baseball crap.

3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Yep, I turn off sports radio once football season ends, don't turn it on until NHL playoffs and the NFL draft, then off it goes again until football season. I like watching baseball games here and there, but the NY media goes overkill on baseball. Every little move is dissected 8,000 times.

It's the same thing every year too. Yankees start out slow, everyone panics, by mid-summer they're suddenly in first. Mets either stink or break their fans hearts at the end.

#2943 LeonNYJ, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Francesa had Villanova coach Jay Wright on today, fawning all over him. Then he won't talk college basketball again until March.

I am sick and tired of hearing about Daniel Murphy.

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Does it really matter if we talk about baseball or basketball in this topic? Its called the Mike Francesa Thread. We discuss anything related to Mike Francessa.

Just don't click the topic if its going to bother you.

6. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

I think the Tank is on at 4 today. There is a 100% chance he destroys Rex for being at a hockey game and his shirt coming off...

"How can you not prepare for your shirt to come off? What are you doing at a hockey game when you should be working?" "How can you wear a Philadelphia shirt as the head coach of the NY Jets" "Only bad things can happen when you do stuff like that" "Pawwww judgment, pawwww judgment"

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

He didn't even know rex did that, thats a suprise

8. Jett Jett

Jett Jett New Member

yeh i was well aware of all that. Hockey is my favorite sport.

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Because it happened during a hockey game. Francesa doesn't even know how to find a hockey arena nor can he name all NHL franchises. How a man can host the #1 sports talk show in the #1 market - a market that has three NHL franchises and not know the first thing about the sport is beyond me.

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Exactly. Well said.

11. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

#2951 TommyGreen, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2010
  12. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

who cares? don't click the mike francesa thread. does it bother you that much that you just have to click it? it's taking up 1 centimeter on your screen. relax! don't pay attention to it, don't ever click it again.

they're talking about baseball already because new york is a baseball town. basketball and hockey are a distant 3rd and 4th right now. very few hosts actually know anything about hockey. the knicks and nets are terrible. the rangers and islanders aren't good. theres very little to talk about.

just because you find baseball boring doesn't mean everyone else does. I love the argument when people who love football say that baseball is slow. Slow, lol...in football there is a play once every 40 seconds and the average play runs anywhere from 3-8 seconds before they pause for another 40 seconds. And I love football I'm just making my point. If you're going to call baseball slow, then football is slower. Maybe you think it's more entertaining but it's definitely not played at a fast pace.

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Odd how a town that has 2 baseball teams including the team that has won more championships than any team of any sport talks a lot about baseball.

14. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

Sirius NFL radio. Football talk 24/7, 365. Well worth the price of admission

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Its really sickening. And most of it is total BS and the media knows it, they just eat it up because they have nothing else to talk about. The worst thing, the absolute worst thing is spring traning, pitchers and catchers. Can't wait to see Scott Clark next to a pool with a big smile on his face while he shows us Petite having a catch with Posada for 5 staright days. THat's excellent reporting. I can't wait to here the same thing over and over for 6 weeks. God, spring traning seems as long as the NFL season. That said, I have Sirius NFL but I can't even do that right now, I am football out. Time for tunes until Free Agency

16. Jett Jett

Jett Jett New Member

tommygreen> who is the girl in your avatar?

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Since the NFL season is over can we close this fucking thing?

18. deef

deef Member

If anything, since it's not only about Francesa and the Jets, maybe not closed but it should be moved to Bullshit? It's probably more likely to die a natural death there anyway imo.

19. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The Wall Street Journal did a study recently and found that an average NFL game had about 11 minutes of action in it. It's not at all clear how you would even time that for baseball (is it action when the pitcher is looking at a runner on first base before throwing home?), but it's true that more than half of a typical NFL telecast (not counting commercials) is shots of people standing around.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704281204575002852055561406.html

20. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

Thats crazy when you think about it but it's true. Most of a football game is showing players standing around doing nothing.

As a baseball and football fan, it annoys me when a football fan will say baseball is too slow and they get bored. Thats 100% false. In baseball there is maybe 15-20 seconds between pitches depending on if there are runners on base.

So for you football fans out there who hate baseball, it's the game itself that you don't like, not the pace of the game! Football is probably the slowest paced game when you think about it. 40 seconds of watching players standing around, followed by 3-8 seconds of action, followed up by 40 seconds of nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.