Michael Crabtree IS an NFL WR

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Mambo9, Nov 13, 2009.

1. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

crabtree doesnt have a qb, or a team. too bad we didn't tamper hard enough to get em.

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

It's easy to put the blame on Alex Smith.

...maybe Smith doesn't have any wide receivers? Vernon Davis is his only consistent target in the passing game.

3. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I don't know if you're talking about me but I did think Crabtree would be a bust and I originally started this thread to say I was wrong.

After a season + 4 games and two offseasons I'm going to say this... he won't be a bust but he will never reach his possible talent cieling with the kind of attitude he's showing.
    Right now he's on track to be a decent #1 WR... he could be much more but it doesn't seem to me as he's willing to put the work in. And not on Sunday's but through the week.

This attitude was what worried me in the first place... considering we are talking about a WR (usually the worst tempered NFL players) we are lucky he at least seems to be a model citizen... but it's a shame he's not putting 100% (or even 80%) of his effort in becoming the best possible WR he can be.

That said if guys like Mike Williams, Adam "Pacman" Jones, etc etc cand do a 180° in terms of character I can't see a reason why Crabtree can't pull his shit together in a couple of years... but atm I wouldn't bet on it.

PS Oh and I don't see why everyone is blaming Smith... he's not an all-pro QB but he can get the job done... many times this year he's been screwed by his reciever's play.

As usual Mr E is spot on.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You were not one of the two people who I noticed.