Miami Herald State Watson Picks Jets as #1 Destination

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Jan 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Noooooo

2. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

I agree and i dont think any team is giving up 4 first rounders imo so if we go 3 i think thats the best offer and if we are including the number 2 they get their shot at another QB or trade it

FlaJet likes this.
  3. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I like chase I think he will be a great player. But I agree with you that time away can have an effect. To be fair he only missed one season. But at his age it was valuable time learning. That said I like both him and Smith. But this @ouchy is starting to remind me of @Jerryjeudy from right after the draft. I get smith is good. But with the failure rate of 1st round WR for the past 10 years. I don't touch either with the #2 pick.

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  4. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

It sounds like Houston may actually call Watsons bluff.

5. NYGANGGREEN

And what would calling his bluff really accomplish if he truly wants out and will cause more problems on the team week to week. Think about it they would get destroyed in the media sorry I dont see that lasting too long. Also Watson and his agent saw this coming they know their options. Why do you think he made a twitter post about the diff of rich and wealthy. He wont lose much sleep on those fines and I think in the long run he will be calling Houston bluff and making them look bad in the media. Esp since he has made it clear the reasons why he wants out and that hes is done with them and wants to be traded period. Texans have some leverage but it aint much tbh

6. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

2021 Offseason = Watson and Allen Robinson or bust

:)

FJF, Vinco, matt robinson 17 and 2 others like this.
  7. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I agree with you on the ultimate goal, but thankfully it's not "or bust" in my eyes because of the way Douglas has set the organization up.

8. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

See, I think when you look at the bottom line the Texans have all the leverage. All Watson can do is hold out and get fined. The Texans don't necessarily give a shit about "looking bad in the media", they'll play their second best QB and pocket the fines and deal with it in 2021/22.

9. NYGANGGREEN

Dont see that being a smart move and dont see that as leverage for a team that has made literally all the worst poss moves for the last few years. And their fans are watching esp after the star QB wants to leave. Not to mention if they want to build properly and have any chance of a future with their cap space trading him and JJ watt would be the best move and collecting as many picks to draft younger and cheaper guys. They know this they are just trying to save face in the media he wont be on the team by draft day I promise.

FlaJet likes this.
  10. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Not to mention the longer it goes the more Deshaun value is decreasing. There would be less team knocking at the Texans door after the free agency and the draft and if this drag on even more like say a year his trade value would totally collapse.

HomeoftheJets, Brook! and FlaJet like this.
  11. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

But you just said it yourself. It is not a smart move but they have been making all the worst possible moves for the past few years. They clearly don't know what the fuk they are doing and they don't care about their fans. I hope you are right but I wouldn't promise!

HomeoftheJets and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  12. NYGANGGREEN

Exactly and those teams either made another move or trade or drafted a QB, the smartest thing for them to do is make a move pre draft period.

FlaJet likes this.
  13. NYGANGGREEN

True but going forward you would hope they would learn or get smarter, literally waiting for him to not be upset or to come around would be the dumbest and worse move by far. One because that's the GM the other stuff they did that pissed him off was really from the owner from what I'm seeing. But if they want to play the let him sit on bench move, they are going to be the worst team and org for a long time. Your already in cap hell might as well get picks before draft and relieve yourself by drafting another QB and replenish your team that way.

FlaJet likes this.
  14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I really think it is a no leverage situation at this point. Watson is unlikely to increase his trade value this year given that the big cap hits for anybody who acquires him start in 2022 and nobody thinks he's leading the Texans to the playoffs next year given their other cap concerns.

The Texans and Watson will be in the same situation next year and less likely to find somebody to bail them out of it.

I think the best moves at this point are for Watson to STFU and for the Texans to try to make their best deal in the months of relative silence that follow. Further public outbursts by either side are just going to decrease the Texans ability to trade Watson and increase the chances that both sides are in the same crappy situation in 2022, except crappier.

15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Houston would be ecstatic and lucky to get all that.
    But I don’t see any team mortgaging their next 4 years of 1sts for Watson, that’s my point.

If any team does give up that much, I sure hope it’s not us.

Br4d likes this.
  16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

The line is 3 x1's anything more is not worth it and in all reality, this years #2 shouldn't be just classed as 1 first anyway, it is blatantly worth more than that if we trade down and out of the spot, so that in itself makes me think the #2 and next years first is enough for me, if they then want to add some 3rd or 4th round fillers then go ahead.

I think I want Watson ( i mean really, who wouldn't want a great QB for your team?) but we can't sell off the farm for him and whoever keeps adding Q to the deal must be mental, if we got all that for Adams then we get that for Q and more probably, so 4 1's and Q is madness, as it really makes the deal 6 1's and that isn't taking into account the value of our #2 on top.

The one thing JD has demonstrated to us is the fact he is a hard negotiator and despite our150 pages of angst that is the one thing I am worried least about, he will not overpay for Watson if indeed that is what they are intending to do in the first place.

17. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Watson
    Wilson
    Fields
    Stafford

The Dark Knight and bicketybam like this.
  18. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

This post...goddamnit. They don't know what they're doing and are making the worst possible moves, but had twice as many wins as the Jets. Jesus christ that makes the last jets front office/coach look great!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

sozopol likes this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

As we all know by now, this is the first step.

20. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

chase did what he did as 19 year old sophomore ... he was the clear cut #1 receiver with justin jefferson on his team. a guy who just had one of the best rookie seasons a wr has ever had in the nfl.

smiths elite season came as a 21-22 year old senior ... last year as a junior, smith was the #4 receiver. the two draft eligible guys ahead of him had pedestrian rookie seasons in the league.

if a 21 year old, senior jemarr chase played college football on a team like ‘19 lsu or ‘20 bama, he probably re-writes the record books

NCJetsfan, NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.