Mets Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I was shocked by how low the per year average is, particularly when he was supposedly offered 4 years / $78 million by Toronto. He's effectively playing the last two years for the Yankees for $6 million per year, which is crazy. He obviously wanted to stay with the team, which I understand, but I'm shocked that his agent couldn't get at least $100 million for six years.

dawinner127 and NYGalPal like this.
  2. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Did they get him to add for depth, to compete with Matz, or to take Matz spot with the idea of departing with Matz?

3. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Welp looks like Jared Porter is having his #MeToo reckoning...buh bye

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Meta GM gonna get fired

5. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

What a fuckin loser. c ya.

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Perv shaming has to stop.

7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Amazing how such schmucks can rise to positions of authority. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if other stories start coming out - why would it have suddenly started in 2016 and then suddenly stopped?

NoodleArm, GordonGecko and NYGalPal like this.
  8. NYGalPal

Goodness what a fucking lunatic. Who just continues on and on like that?

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=30739344

I don't get it though. Where's the Vetting? Like ESPN knew about this in 2017. The just sending unsolicited photos of your penis is bad enough but him continuing to text with no answer from her? I mean he just kept going and going. That's the thing that really freaked me out. Someone with that obsessive component within themselves I strongly doubt would only be this way with one woman.

#9808 NYGalPal, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  9. regan62072

regan62072 Well-Known Member

ESPN sat on this when Arizona hired him, they waited until he was in a real position of power to publish. Shows how much they really care about women in sports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. NYGalPal

Well they did have to respect her wishes. She didn't want to talk about it until now. That's 100% within her rights. The thing is ESPN apparently learned about it from a source in baseball. I find it hard to believe that teams wouldn't have heard about it too. So did the Mets for example know about this and hired him anyway?

Noam likes this.
  11. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Why did she want to talk about it NOW ? That's what bugs me as a Mets fan.

And ESPN had the story in 2017. If it wasn't worthy of printing then, why now ?

Sleaze on both parties.

12. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Facebook, Instagram, the Internet, this Jets forum -- they all rely on "obsessiveness" in terms of offering opinions and stupid actions and stupid thoughts.

Posting on Facebook that you took 2 hours to take a dump ?

It's all content and generates pageviews and revenues.....but at what cost ?

Red Menace likes this.
  13. NYGalPal

They said why they didn't run with the story. She didn't want them to run it so they respected her wishes. She's a foreigner doesn't seem like English was a language she had a complete grasp of. Also she's no longer working as a journalist so maybe the fear factor of it hurting her job was no longer in play. She was probably scared. It's her experience though whatever the case. She could come forward when ever she felt like it.

I mean he sent over 60 unanswered text. The guy has got issues. ESPN learned about it from a source in Baseball so I'm finding it hard to believe this info wasn't in the ether that teams didn't know about this. Some men are just sad though. If woman want to see your dick we will let you know. lol

NoodleArm, Red Menace and Noam like this.
  14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

After 3 unanswered messages you get the hint if a female isn't into you.. 60? Jesus.

This isn't on the Mets unless they knew about it. This is all on the Cubs for not handling this back in 2016.

Noam, stinkyB and NYGalPal like this.
  15. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

16. dawinner127

Was just going to post this. Good. F that guy but also shame on ESPN for holding this since 2017. Porter got 2 promotions since then and now that he’s a GM they release it? That doesn’t sit right with me.

GordonGecko and stinkyB like this.
  17. NYGalPal

She’s the one that didn’t want them to run it. They had to respect her wishes. She’s a foreigner if I had to guess because it’s baseball I’m thinking maybe she is an asian woman?

"I know in the U.S., there is a women's empowerment movement. But in [my home country], it's still far behind," the woman said. "Women get dragged through the mud if your name is associated with any type of sexual scandal. Women are the ones who get fingers pointed at them. I don't want to go through the victimization process again. I don't want other people to blame me."

Things like this happens here I could see it being even worst in Japan or China. Again I’m just assuming because of baseball popularity in those place as opposed to you know um Germany. lol

Anyway he’s gone and onward and forward we go. They probably won’t get anyone else and just stick with Sandy.

regan62072 and Noam like this.
  18. dawinner127

Yeah just from what I’ve heard on the radio today it sounded like she was from Japan or China. I get that she didn’t want it to become public but ESPN could have absolutely gone to the diamondbacks or Mets and given a little bit under the table to say hey this guy is a bad guy, maybe go elsewhere . I feel like ESPN has always been out in front of stuff like this and vocally against harassment and social injustices but to just hold the story for 3 years? Idk. Just seems wrong IMO.

19. regan62072

regan62072 Well-Known Member

Didn’t they hire the runner up to the FO? Just make him GM & get back to business!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Back to Back GMs fired before the season even starts..... LGM