Mets 2011-2012 Offseason thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by southparkfanciz, Oct 30, 2011.

1. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I saw the press conference and had to change the channel.

2. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

WFAN660 WFAN Sports Radio 66

Reyes: "They didn't make a real offer, they didn't want me there. I need to move on." cbsloc.al/WFAN-AM

3. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I was never an anti-Wilpon kinda guy. But enough is enough. We are a laughing stock, and the fact that Selig keeps propping up his buddy's is compounding the problem.

Sell the team.

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

:rofl: What is up with the uniform? Sh!t is terrible :rofl2:

5. Long & Winding Rhode

Ken Davidoff is reporting that the Mets will, in fact, get a second rounder for Reyes. I have no idea why that would be, but this is good news.

http://twitter.com/#!/KenDavidoff/status/144497440723181568

6. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Ya i never liked the fact the Mets didn't offer anything. We just assummed Reyes would decline the 5 year 80 million dollar deal we would offer him. Once again the Wilpons fucked us over, because i'm confident he told Alderson to stay put on giving Reyes a deal.

7. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

I'm pretty sure that the reasoning is that in the past you got bumped down a round because the pick was already gone to another team, in this year's case the pick is there, and must be surrendered. So you can't avoid giving up picks by taking modified A FA and keep the pick you would have otherwise surrendered.

8. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Niese on the trade block...strange one but with the prospects we have if we can get a decent catcher / infielder out of it and a hold over til one of Harvey / Familia come up.

Can we please trade Pelfrey and I do not want to see Willie Harris

9. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I like Niese. But if we can get some good players why not. I'd rather get rid of Pelfrey but I'm sure he has very little value.

10. southparkfanciz

Niese is much more valuable to trade than Pelf. Niese is a young left-handed pitcher who a nasty curve ball and potential. Not really liking this though. We need pitchers.

11. desert swordz

this is fucking KILLING me.

i fucking hate the wilpons so much, i never thought i could ever hate anyone like this, let alone people i dont even know, i hate them so much. why do they gotta fucking ruin baseball for me

12. neonleon

neonleon Member

Niese is one of my favorite mets. I totally agree with your assessment but i am all in favor of trading him if they get the right prospect.

13. Odd Neck Stems

I doubt Niese will be traded for one prospect - he's young, cheap, and good. And it's not like pitching is a strength of the Mets. No reason to trade him unless there is an incredible offer.

14. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I'm surprised that others haven't said this. Why trade Niese? He's the kind of guy you trade for, not the kind of guy you trade away. The chances that Alderson magically turns him into someone demonstrably better are small enough that the idea makes very little sense to me.

If Alderson can get more than a bag of balls for Pelfrey I'd be amazed.

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Trading Niese away would really piss me off, he's a quality young arm that would be a perfect #4 guy. Given the state of this fucking franchise it wouldn't surpise me in the least.

When my son was born 4 years ago I put a poster up n his room that had Reyes, Beltran and Wright with Shea in the background. Now I have to rip 2/3'rds of that poster off the wall and burn it.

16. desert swordz

i don't think we're actually looking to trade niese. it's just that we're apparently just listening offers for anybody besides wright, and we've received some offers for niese, for apparent reasons. they probably don't have any real plans of trading him. if ever there was a situation to trade him in, it'd be with him as a piece of a part of a big package for a big player, but that's not the direction the wilpons want to go in right now because big players equal pricey contracts.

don't be surprised if you have to take down the entire poster altogether. now that our offensive players won't be taking half of their at bats with a fucked up approach since we're finally fucking changing that horribly designed excuse of an outfield wall, expect wright to start hitting big consistenly again only for us to trade him for prospects or let him walk once he hits free agency because the wilpons don't want to spend any money.

17. southparkfanciz

Good thing the Marlins didn't sign Pujols lol

18. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I agree with this! The wilpons need to do the right thing and sell the team. They are letting their own financial problems be that of the Mets.

I do not want to trade a young lefty with his potential, no way. I like Alderson but getting rid of young talent should not be how you build a team. Trade Palfrey not Neise or Gee. Also, if they trade Ike Davis I will cancel my seats!

19. Odd Neck Stems

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Let's think about this

$25 million dollar loan from MLB that has not been paid back
    Lost $70 million in 2011
    $40 million dollar loan in last 6 weeks.

So in the last year the Mets have "borrowed" $65 million and lost $70 million. Seriously only an absolute fucking moron could pull that off.

You wanna talk about a team that MLB should take ownership of. Fucking disgraceful.