MetLife...err Giants Stadium II after first 7-years

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by FanSinceBIGShea, Jun 2, 2017.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Go to Fed Ex Field for a game. Then you will appreciate Met Life Stadium more. I like it more than Giants Stadium. I get comparing it to Atlanta or Dallas, but overall it is a fine stadium.

2. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Fine.

Lol.

The greatest city in the world and did we get an amazing stadium befitting our status as the greatest city in the world?

Outstanding? Mind blowing? Unique? Incredible? An experience?

No.

We got “fine”.

Fine is good for Anywhere USA.

Not here. Not in the 21st Century.

Btw it’s not even fine. It’s a boring barely function place to watch any sporting event or monster truck rally or Back Street Boys.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is fine. :D

Definitely could have been better, especially for the price.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  4. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

It's a concrete, dark, clustered shithouse. I mean it's ok but that's all it is. Just ok. Give me the old Giants Stadium every day.

5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Most disappointing decision this team made in my lifetime was moving from Queens to Giants stadium.
    Second most disappointing was doubling down and sharing a new bland stadium with the Giants in the same location.

Instead of going to 'home' games, I just do one away game a year, and see a lot of cool stadiums.

My only hope is that the Johnson's take an out clause, leave the giants to Met-Life, and build the Jets a new stadium somewhere back in NYC.
    It would cost a ton, but would separate the Jets as the team of NY, with an actual state of the art facility. Maybe with a skyline view and actual character.

alleycat9, egelband and donkey like this.
  6. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

Its ok. I like how accessible with both traffic and train. The stadium is the quickest I have ever experienced to get to and from my seat to outside the stadium. Sightlines are all good.

The lack of character sucks. The prices are terrible, not only for a ticket, but for concessions. Speaking of, the food is terrible. Very few good options and way overpriced. Good beer selection, though.

I think we just need some really good seasons there. A stadium is the memories you make inside of it. We had 2010 there, but one season is not enough.

I’m a big Mets fan and love Citifield. It feels like home. There is character everywhere and the food is top notch. Really the best overall stadium experience, I have been to (outside the actual product on the field). But, the 2015 WS run really made the place special for me.

7. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Goggle coolest or greatest or best stadiums in the world.

And look at those images.

WE should have had that.

Minneapolis has a nicer stadium that ours.

Fucking Minneapolis.

egelband and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Minneapolis has maybe the most unique coolest looking stadium in the league. Almost looks like a Viking ship, which obviously fits the team perfectly.

Indianapolis has a really cool stadium too. Indianapolis.

We don't even have our own stadium let alone one that fits the teams identity.
    Also don't like that we don't play in the city or state the team alleges to represent.

egelband likes this.
  9. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

I don’t care for Met. It is definitely to sterile, and the parking is a rip-off.

I for one do miss Shea. Many faults, but the place had character. Jets should have their own stadium.

egelband and BacktoQueens like this.
  10. I think its def nicer than Giants stadium..but is a far cry from what 21st century NYC should mean.The biggest issue is the acute neutrality.If one of the 2 teams left for their own digs the current “bare bones” status would allow for some major changes to be undertaken to give the stadium some sorely needed character & stylization. If the giants wanted to leave id be perfectly fine w the jets making it their own & doing a major facelift to make home feel more like home.

That said id 1000% more prefer a new stadium development somewhere in NYC .Time for a home of our own.We younger fans deserve to see that.I was a tad too young for shea

#50 KurtTheJetsFan, Feb 1, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2019
    The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

I for one would never want my taxes raised, or see tax dollars wasted, to pay for a new stadium, when this one is 9 years old. If the Johnson’s want to pay for land, build a brand new stadium with their own money, that would be awesome.

The fact is that tax payers get royally screwed everytime a new stadium is built. There is not a slice of NYC that the city will give up for nothing and for sure no private land that would be economically feasible to build a whole stadium on.

12. twown

twown Well-Known Member

You know your new stadium is a problem when fans are pining for a flavorless relic named after another team.

JetsNation06 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

There is no way the Jets were moving to Los Angeles or anywhere else outside the New York metropolitan area. People in New York actually go to sporting events on a regular basis; when the teams are winning sellouts are all but guaranteed. Appreciation of the team's value is the greatest wealth accumulator for the owners and New York is prime in that regard.

Now if only Jeff Bezos would allow the Brothers Johnson to cash in on that appreciation by buying the Jets. He could then build a new stadium over the Sunnyside Yards in Queens, a short walk from the new Amazon New York headquarters.

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I've said this many times over the years. Once Sheldon Silver torpedoed the WSS, option 2 should have been the old Yonkers Raceway site. Option 3 could have been Far Rockaway. Woody acted like a petulant child that didn't get his way and just threw the towel in on a Jet Stadium. The sad thing is how they tried their best to sell this new monstrosity to the fanbase. It looks exactly like an air conditioner and given that they have to flex color schemes between games it feels phony.

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Shea was an abominable shithole. But it was our shithole. The Jets haven't had a real home field advantage since they left.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The biggest thing the Jets have working against them regarding a home stadium is... Location. All those other stadiums most likely were built on property that doesn't have the value similar space within NYC would have. One of those palaces, say Atlanta for an example, probably couldn't be built in NY/NJ due to exorbitant costs. If Jerry Jones' monument to the Boys cost over a billion in Texas, it would cost probably cost 10-20 billion here.

We got the bargain basement stadium and it certainly looks the part.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  17. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I've gone to a handful of games, but it's been a while and I have no intention of going back for a long time. The stadium and the atmosphere in the stadium suck and the experience is better on TV at this point. Same really goes for all NY sports teams. Going to a game at MSG isn't what it used to be. You can even unplug the middle channel of your surround sound if you want to watch the game without hearing the announcers (usually works fairly well).

18. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

San Diego lost the Chargers, Oakland lost the Raiders, St. Louis lost the Rams you really think there was no chance Woody would've considered moving the team someplace else if something to his liking didn't materialize here?

I wish they played much closer to home I really really really do but I remember fearing the team would move before Metlife happened.

There are three other former NFL fanbases that aren't as fortunate.

Be very thankful the Jets are still here. As ugly as people say Metlife is still be thankful for it.

19. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

The stadium is dog-shit compared to the old stadium (which in itself wasn't that great). The upper deck at the old stadium ended where the upper deck of the new stadium begins today, which makes the current upper deck that much colder, that much windier, and that much farther away from the action. The parking and tailgating is far inferior. The Johnsons are a disgrace and the main reason (by far) that the team hasn't won shit in decades.

egelband likes this.
  20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Moving from queens and not getting a new stadium in manhattan was the fault of NY politicians not the Jets period. Leon Hess wanted yo stay in NY. The Jets got pissed on by the Mets and NY. We couldn’t play in Shea till October every year. Same thing with Manhattan corooked polotics and that fuck Dolan screwed Woody. That said there’s no excuse for spending 1.6 billion on a stadium that looks and feels like going to Home Depot

fggrimes likes this.