MetLife...err Giants Stadium II after first 7-years

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by FanSinceBIGShea, Jun 2, 2017.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Also have to blame that criminal Sheldon Silver. Hopefully they lock him up and he rots and dies in jail.

That said it wasn't an overwhelming majority of Jets fans that wanted the WSS. A lot of Jets fans wanted them to stay in Jersey

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

That makes sense. Both the Giant & Jet fan bases are split up between NY & Jersey. With our Jets they play in Jersey's backyard but yet carry N.Y's name in order to represent New York. So Jersey natives would hate to lose their team to N.Y while Queens natives such as myself dream to see a return to N.Y ex; Westside of Manhattan. Under the bright lights. Broadway Jets. Shit. I'd even do backflips to return to Queens and share our stadium with the Mets.

But i guess all of these later the Jets staying in NJ while having NY's name is only fair for both sides.

I know myself personally I'd turn on the NFL if we ever became the New Jersey or Las Vegas Jets. NCAA college football is what I'd then follow for football action. I'm sure loyal and proud NJ natives feel the same and would share my same pain. To lose your team is a bad feeling.

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The deal should have been made when Citifield was being planned to convert Shea into a football stadium. The main structure could have remained and a gut renovation could have provided all the suites and all the bathrooms they needed; the open end zone could have been brought in a little and had a couple of glassed in restaurants or five or six levels of suites similar to how the hotel is set up in the Skydome in Toronto. Of course that would have required taking out the scenic junkyards and chop shops that have been a highlight of the area for sixty or seventy years.

5. FanSinceBIGShea

FanSinceBIGShea Active Member

Spot on, and I used to mention that to people back then. A retrofitted Shea Stadium could have been ideal for the Jets. Could have turned it into a fantastic football-only stadium.

6. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

The hidden inner shell (suites) of MetLife is quite luxurious. The outer seating areas used by the public is bland, sterile, and in some instances down right dangerous. What other modern stadium needs to close down escalators when the game ends because the landings below aren't designed wide enough to handle the crowd? I was in some very scary situations early on before they came up with that solution. People could've been trampled or crushed.

It seems obvious the stadium was designed symmetrically, then built in an area where 75 to 80% of the fans come towards it from one side. Thus, everything they designed on one side is overwhelmed, while the 'dark side' escalators see little use. What makes this worse is that if you enter from the crowded side the stadium isn't designed to allow people to walk around on ground level towards the empty escalators. It's worse than any stadium I've ever been to, Shea included. This is a serious problem. Remember that "one ride" escalator to the upper deck at Giants Stadium? WOW.

The lack of effort to spend anything to make the stadium look good inside. What a letdown compared to Citi Field, and Yankee Stadium - or anywhere. Yankee Stadium has that gorgeous Great Hall. Citi Field's concourses are wonderful. Nice floor, nice lighting.

I was always a "football needs to be played in the elements" kind of guy. But, with the prices fans pay now to see a game it's a damn shame this place doesn't have a retractable roof. They should not have been given a SB without that, and they were damn lucky they got away with it. We had a blizzard a day later. Some will argue this, and it's less important than the other points I've made, but knowing you'll be comfortable and dry helps the problem of being so high up in the third tier. It was short-sighted of the owners not to spend money on this - they would have earned most of it back from being able to rent the building out more. I at least thought the Marra's were smart.

Don't even get me started on the elevators...

Brook! and twown like this.
  7. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

8. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

I was a season ticket holder at the old stadium for 13 years, I now go to 2 - 3 games a year. I like the new stadium way more then the old one, what I don't like is atmosphere inside. Too many non Jets fans who are just out for a nice afternoon and the leave the game 7 minutes into the 4th quarter. It's damn depressing.

Hopefully if the product on the field gets better the real fans will come back to passionately cheer on our team

9. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Many fans just got priced out with the PSL and cost of season tickets that went up tremendously from the Giant Stadium days. Even though people can get tickets cheap on the secondary market now that wont be the case when the Jets finally(hopefully) get good again.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

#metlifesucks

i HATE that huge piece of shit. we have a thread in the jets experience forum that is thousands of pages long that will give you all of the info about why. and there are many many reasons.

firstly the stadium itself sucks. there is NOTHING good about it. they took great sightlines and on top of hte field action and pushed everything back and up. the first row of the new shit hole is at the same height as the last row of the old stadium. the place is like a mausoleum as was coined by section 227 quite a few years ago. i still refer to it as the mausoleum. there is NOTHING in the place that makes it feel like its home or like anyone actually gives a shit.

woodrow completely fucked 80% of his fans when he fleeced morons (sorry if this is where you are) into buying those bs psls. to think that seats in the mezz 2nd row were 75 dollars with no psl and became 7500 dollar psl for the right to have to buy tickets every year and 400 per seat per game.

think about that, thats some complete bullshit.

and then you notice that the fans change every single week. those who dont show up on time and leave mid way through the 3rd are prevalent and opposing jerseys are as abundant as jets jerseys. woody doesnt fucking care though. its all about the dollars.

the only positive is that maybe in another 15 years woody will be dead and we will be owned by someone who isnt a complete cock sucker and will build a decent stadium. oh did i mention there isnt barely a seat that is covered in that shit hole? yeah of course not, the people he cares about are inside watching on fucking tv anyway.

man fuck that place and fuck that guy.

11. FanSinceBIGShea

Bang on, brother.

12. FanSinceBIGShea

Question: Does anyone know if Giants fans dislike the place as much as most of us do?

13. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Well, they lasted a full quarter longer than our offense most weeks, then.

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Good thing Jet Management doesn't read messageboards! :D

alleycat9 likes this.
  15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The part your missing is the most important one,It looks good on television .Especially for Giants home games when the place is sold out.

16. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Every new stadium built just puts it further to shame. Cowboys and Vikings new stadiums are great, Falcons stadium is supposedly the greatest building on earth, and the complex in L.A is probably going to be NFL version of Disney World.
    So how does the "greatest city on earth" end up with this junk?? Sucks

17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The New Dump. Wanna know why I call it that? Because it's new and it's a dump. Woody the rube, don't even get me started. Anyone besides me laugh like hell when he got clipped riding his bicycle? Anyone besides me remember his brilliant comment that The New Dump looked "industrial" and reminded him of the 59th Street Bridge? Idiot. It's time for him to get clipped again, only this time by a lorry.

18. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

It was either Metlife or possibly Los Angeles.

Be thankful they're still here and really once they build a good team again the home field advantage will be fine.

19. GreenfiendNYJ

GreenfiendNYJ Active Member

I didn't realize it had been that long either.